Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Absolute screamer from Sterling. I take it all back. Rodgers is a tactical genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There is a match thread for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

This thread is bad enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is the meltdown thread;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

tok9 wrote: »
    Massive game for Lucas and Borini. Really need a win here just to kind of kick start the season again.

These two being in the starting team in the context of the starting line up last week really makes me wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

In other news...

Looks like Lallana has had a shave.

Anyone think a bank busting offer for Schneiderlin would be a good idea?

Yes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Lovren should be off the pitch with concussion, cant understand that

• Advertisement

garra wrote: »

Not every bang to the head ='s a concussion just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Do you know what. There has been no counterattack from Liverpool at all. With all the pace we have we stop, look around then the chance is gone.

Wtf. Is wrong with us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Sakho never should have been dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

A disgrace of a first half. Lucas & Gerrard especially can't move it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Vicxas wrote: »
    Do you know what. There has been no counterattack from Liverpool at all. With all the pace we have we stop, look around then the chance is gone.

Wtf. Is wrong with us?

I believe players, management & fans under-estimated how huge a part Suarez was in our success last season.

Everyones nerves are shot.

They had it so easy because of all the goals scored last season they think that defending is optional.

A complete strip down and re-build is needed with regard to coaching this side and also the tactical set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ASOT wrote: »
    Sakho never should have been dropped.

He should never have been bought more like

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I believe players, management & fans under-estimated how huge a part Suarez was in our success last season.

No one in their right mind believes that. This is LFC at their worst. The spurs game is what we are capable of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

MD1990 wrote: »

He absolutely has to address that at h/t. Will be very worrying if both of them trot out for the 2nd half.

garra wrote: »

He looks fine, wasn't even a bad clash of heads didn't knock a start out of sakho. I'd say he was down for so long due to blood rather than anything else.

Suarez is such a huge loss. A punt up the pitch he won most of the time & he was a leader. West Ham should be 4 or 5 goals up tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Everyones nerves are shot.

They had it so easy because of all the goals scored last season they think that defending is optional.

A complete strip down and re-build is needed with regard to coaching this side and also the tactical set up.

That is the worst half of football I've seen since Rodgers took charge. Not one Liverpool player comes out of it with any credit. The three in midfield are appalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Sadly this is exactly the case. Its hard enough making do without him but with sturridge out too its just too much talent missing.

Rodgers said at the start of window that he would sign 2/3 absolute top quality players and instead signed 6/7 young solid players. To still have lucas and borini playing the team it seems we have regressed badly in terms of the quality of our first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Mignolet is putrid. I don't trust him at all.

Knee, Jerk...Yawn, I'm out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

True. So many opposing sides were set up to anticipate his threat, and now we're a lot more predictable to play against. And it's showing.

Really, really miss seeing him in our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

daRobot wrote: »
    True. So many opposing sides were set up to anticipate his threat, and now we're a lot more predictable to play against. And it's showing.

Really, really miss seeing him in our team.

But that's bollocks because we were ****e last season with a Gerrard Lucas midfield and we're not shorn of just Suarez but both of our main attacking threats from last season.

As long as Gerrard is a guaranteed starter it's pointless thinking about this.

Unless a player gives you something that absolutely nobody else can I just can't see the point in indulging them and building the team around their weaknesses.

It was always going to be a difficult transition but it's clearly not for footballing reasons.

Surely Stevie himself can't be happy having no impact of games?

T-K-O wrote: »

Really? Three out of our past three games have been very poor, and we were lucky to beat Southampton.

It's very worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Wtf. Is wrong with us?

What pace? Only Sterling and Moreno have pace in that 11. Gerrard and Lucas have been putrid. We miss Sturridge's workrate and movement badly.

T-K-O wrote: »
    Im usually the 1st one to say knee jerk reaction. Not today this is appalling. Worst performance since Bolton away in 11/12.

Im usually the 1st one to say knee jerk reaction. Not today this is appalling. Worst performance since Bolton away in 11/12.

Still we are only one behind. We can win this if we get going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yikes yet again the gerrard lucas axies yields bad results, is there any kids in the academy we can play tuesday? Gerrard is gassed and lucas offers zilch these days, big shame can and allen are injured.

Wtf. Is wrong with us?

Is essentially the problem getting out of our own half, even third. They are more pedestrian than Abbey Road. People say oh Gerrard will get better but will he? A slow start is no longer an option (if it ever was) but who else can go there? Lucas er see Gerrard but without the penos and long passes. Its a cluster ****.

Allen is suppose to be ready again by next weekend I think. His energy and retention will certain help. Lallana could play in a diamond on the flank (left side) as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What pace? Only Sterling and Moreno have pace in that 11. Gerrard and Lucas have been putrid. We miss Sturridge's workrate and movement badly.

Henderson and borini have pace.

Speaking of which hendo has been very quiet so far this year.

Gbear wrote: »

Ignoring the years of "he is done" from me included, there is at the very most 18 months left in him. Now is the perfect time to buy his replacement to be honest.

The problem there is Gerrard.

We saw what happened when he said Rodgers was going to drop him if he stayed playing with England and keep him fit for the big games.

He gave Rodgers the clearest message possible I don't get dropped and he retired from international duty to prove his point.

Rodgers doesnn't have the balls to drop him and to be fair I don't think there are many managers who would have the balls.

I would love Schneiderlin and said it before the window closed.

Gbear wrote: »
    But that's bollocks because we were ****e last season with a Gerrard Lucas midfield and we're not shorn of just Suarez but both of our main attacking threats from last season.

Unless a player gives you something that absolutely nobody else can I just can't see the point in indulging them and building the team around their weaknesses.

It was always going to be a difficult transition but it's clearly not for footballing reasons.

Surely Stevie himself can't be happy having no impact of games?

The unpredictable threat of Suarez made space for others to capatilise on, and that was a large factor in our success last season. Yet you think that's bollox???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I love the Suarez posts....yes he is a massive loss he would be to any team. But what good would he be to Liverpool today ?

Unless he put away an equalizer from the stand..

Lallana is coming on.

Lallana is coming on.

Lucas off I presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Gerard's had an absolute mare of a first half. Any other player play like that and they'd be slaughtered in here.

Borini and boletelli working well up front imo if we can get the ball to the them we could come out with something.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Mignolet is putrid. I don't trust him at all.

Too far off his line, didn't give himself a chance if chipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

In other news...

Looks like Lallana has had a shave.

Fcuking joke. He looked a lot better with the beard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Lucas is just not good enough at this level

I said last night that Llalanna for Lucas would transform the team, now it better bloody happen :eek:

More sense of urgency about us now

• Advertisement

Good shot Borini but I think there was a better option in the centre

Good try Mario but it was signposted too much

This game is going to end badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

It's strange to be 2-1 down and to be somewhat optimistic.

Lallana needs to play every week

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement