Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Please do not make up sh1t that I didn't post please

If you are going to say I said something please quote it and don't be an ass

Lighten up. I was just having a bit of fun.

NukaCola wrote: »
    His replacements are? Balotelli?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

When is the next international break to see if there is a change in form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

When is the next international break to see if there is a change in form

The last break didn't help us much, Sturridge injured amongst others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :confused:

Keep up rarnes :P You said Suarez replacements are chancers. I asked who his replacements were? I suggested Balotelli. What I'm basically asking is who are you calling chancers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

rob316 wrote: »
    If I ever see lucas in a liverpool shirt again it better be for the reserves. Should be nowhere near the first team. Ship him out.

It's time to drop Gerrard he was anonymous. A holding midfielder needs to be mobile he is anything but. The way he just let's the opposition run at our back 4 is shameful.

This is it in a nutshell. Lallana and Hendo both drove on in 2nd half...but Gerrard leaves gaping holes in midfield and Lucas has gone backwards.

Allen should be 3rd man in midfield now. Let Sterling Ballotelli and Sturridge (when fit) do the job up top

Anyway, I fully expect BR to turn it around. You cant integrate 8/9 players into a team without getting it wrong a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    The last break didn't help us much, Sturridge injured amongst others.

Before the break we kicked into gear v Spurs now this hoping the next one would restart that Spurs form, but yea Liverpool are missing Sturridge hopefully he is back for Everton next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Rodgers said individual errors killed us last season, looks like it's business as usual on that end. I'm not sure how you fix such a problem though as it's not an easy thing to coach out of a player. You're basically trying to coach natural instinct out of a player.

• Advertisement

Lallana and sterling are the only 2 players who can hold there head up some bit

Balotelli didn't do much wrong, he got limited service and wasted nothing, set up the goal and had a few decent shots on target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Anyway, I fully expect BR to turn it around. You cant integrate 8/9 players into a team without getting it wrong a few times.

Yeah that is very true ! Just need to get the new players to gel as quick as possible . I'm still not convinced by the defense . I would like to see Can play infront of them instead of gerrard .

I would play them V Boro on Tuesday just to get more game time together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

El Inho wrote: »
    ah wisht...one of the few lads who gave a bit of heart out there.

Heart maybe, poor decision making and general overall poor play for definite. I cant believe rodgers spent the summer trying to off load borini and hes there starting for us now. Hes lightyears behind suarez and sturridge.

Im actually shocked at the standard of our play this season, with the money received from suarez we really should not be looking so poor. Disgraceful defending, static midfield with islolated forward line. Rodgers needs to figure this out fast as with the players at his disposal we sudnt be this bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Keep up rarnes :P You said Suarez replacements are chancers. I asked who his replacements were? I suggested Balotelli. What I'm basically asking is who are you calling chancers.

If you read my post I've said (twice) that I said that in the heat of the moment.

They may not be chancers but they certainly are completely inadequate replacements.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If you read my post I've said (twice) that I said that in the heat of the moment.

They may not be chancers but they certainly are completely inadequate replacements.

Apologies good sir. You cant replace Suarez though. Inadequate might be a bit harsh but I do wonder why BR didn't trust any new attacking signing to start, bar Balotelli obviously.

Great banter going around anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

What i don't get is , with 15 minutes left and no pressure on from any West Ham players , Gerrard , Hendo , Skrtel etc playing tic tac footy on the right hand side of the pitch and NO urgency to go forward with the ball . Very disappointing performance . Jez it's going to be a long season !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Yes I agree but how can you keep playing Gerrard and lucas together? It doesn't work it never has. I was concerned when I saw lucas starting, Rodgers sent us out for a beating with that selection.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Great banter going around anyways.

Lots of West Ham fans around alright. They must still be buzzing after the big QPR win last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I was resigned to a bad day when i saw Lucas starting, we couldnt give him away he is that bad. He plays like he is in a 5 a side at the beach and that slowed everything from the start.

Mingolet is a contributing factor to the whole back line being bad.

People talk about Sakho.........well he wasnt on the pitch when we let in 2 in 7 mins.

Gerrard isnt past it, the club havent adapted and bought a proper starting def mid to play alongside him, a proper physical specimen to carry the ball. It's been needed for years, Chelsea did it for Lampard and it elongated his lifespan as a player. You cant just buy a kid in Can, you have to have a hear and now approach too.

Absolutely baffling decisions being made last 2 weeks, Sterling dropped and Lucas starting.

You cant play the way Rodgers plays with a Lucas in the team, full stop. He offers nothing, no strength, no ability on the ball, doesnt see a quick pass, ponders.......just awful. How you pick him over Lallana is a mystery to me.

Yes I agree but how can you keep playing Gerrard and lucas together? It doesn't work it never has. I was concerned when I saw lucas starting, Rodgers sent us out for a beating with that selection.

I thought the same thing. No idea what the logic was being honest.

Great post daithijj

Starting Gerrard for 3 games in 8 days was also another poor decision. He looked wrecked from HT on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Some fans in here are awful tbh.

You can't just continue on when you're losing Suarez and getting in a load of new players.

BR has done a fantastic job since he took over.

All the players just finished their first double game champions league week.

Wahey, lets call for everyone's head!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

daithijjj wrote: »
    I was resigned to a bad day when i saw Lucas starting, we couldnt give him away he is that bad. He plays like he is in a 5 a side at the beach and that slowed everything from the start.

Mingolet is a contributing factor to the whole back line being bad.

People talk about Sakho.........well he wasnt on the pitch when we let in 2 in 7 mins.

Gerrard isnt past it, the club havent adapted and bought a proper starting def mid to play alongside him, a proper physical specimen to carry the ball. It's been needed for years, Chelsea did it for Lampard and it elongated his lifespan as a player. You cant just buy a kid in Can, you have to have a hear and now approach too.

Absolutely baffling decisions being made last 2 weeks, Sterling dropped and Lucas starting.

You cant play the way Rodgers plays with a Lucas in the team, full stop. He offers nothing, no strength, no ability on the ball, doesnt see a quick pass, ponders.......just awful. How you pick him over Lallana is a mystery to me.

Gerrard is absolutely past it. What does he offer that no one else can do? I can't think of anything bar a great penalty taker. When his long balls and set pieces aren't working he is a liability.
    Henderson and whoever else in midfield has double the ground to cover which in turn makes them less effective.

Gerrard is 34 he carried us for a decade, it's time to phase him out. I just hope Gerrard can recognise he needs to take a step back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Should be easier to bring in a load of players you want than to be picked clean and have to cope with a new manager too. But yet we're where we are and Southampton seem to be doing OK at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

viper006 wrote: »
    Heart maybe, poor decision making and general overall poor play for definite. I cant believe rodgers spent the summer trying to off load borini and hes there starting for us now. Hes lightyears behind suarez and sturridge.

Im actually shocked at the standard of our play this season, with the money received from suarez we really should not be looking so poor. Disgraceful defending, static midfield with islolated forward line. Rodgers needs to figure this out fast as with the players at his disposal we sudnt be this bad

Many said similar of Hendo who nearly left for Fulham. If a player stays and gets to the point where he starts I've faith he's showing something to warrant where he's at.

Today was a shambles. Few positives to take except Sterling is starting to grow into a role that shows more than just skill. He's showing a willingness to grab the team by the scruff of the next and lift them. Also, Balotelli showed a little more of what he can do. I was initially much more worried about his tussle with the keeper in the first half but it was harmless enough. His shots are a threat from anywhere and he showed he can assist too...but his foot work up the pitch worries me a little. Can't believe I'm saying it, but we're missing the likes of Allen in the side. Lallana should be playing more now too. It's frustrating, but classic Boardsie explosions lads. Chill. We're in a rut, but I can see a fairly quick exit from said rut...

• Advertisement

Gerrard is absolutely past it. What does he offer that no one else can do? I can't think of anything bar a great penalty taker. When his long balls and set pieces aren't working he is a liability.
    Henderson and whoever else in midfield has double the ground to cover which in turn makes them less effective.

Gerrard is 34 he carried us for a decade, it's time to phase him out. I just hope Gerrard can recognise he needs to take a step back.

A more dynamic midfield would have helped today by creating chance but Gerrard didn't cost us to concede 3 goals. The defence did. Not marking for the first. Big gap on the left for the 2nd with a player steaming in at the back post if the cross had have gone where it was meant to and then skrtel deciding way too late that a guy running in to the box looking for the ball is a threat and he should move instead of standing in the box watching the clouds. These basic issues cost goals.

Not having lucas playing would have helped with the going forward part too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I thought the same thing. No idea what the logic was being honest.

You were saying Lucas was a very good player only yesterday. Good to see you've come to your senses. ☺
    He's sh*t. Great "boss" header by Sakho at the end there as well.

gosplan wrote: »
    Some fans in here are awful tbh.

You can't just continue on when you're losing Suarez and getting in a load of new players.

BR has done a fantastic job since he took over.

All the players just finished their first double game champions league week.

Wahey, lets call for everyone's head!!!

I'll still maintain the squad is much better off, but a combination of injuries and certain aspects taking time to click is killing us.

The defence is a red alert at this stage though. Rodgers needs to make a serious call there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I really hope that bib theory team is wrong, we've been down this road before with Gerrard and Lucas, it just does not work.

Yep, as predicted, a pile of sh1te.

As gutless and disjointed a display your likely to see, right out of the Hodgson era, I don't blame people for losing it tonight, it really was abysmal. We're completely fcked without Sturridge, and to top it off I hate having to see Allardyce's fat chops beaming into the bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

daithijjj wrote: »

Gerrard is a walking ghost player now, today it looked worse than usual because Lucas started

82% pass accuracy
    0 though balls,
    0 shots,
    0/5 crosses completed
    0 tackles won

As I commented on a previous page people like to make excuses by saying he'll pick up his game, well Liverpool don't really have time to wait for him. There should be only one thing keeping him in this side - Can being injured. When he is fit I'm hoping against hope Rodgers will make a brave decision and drop the captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

El Inho wrote: »
    We're in a rut, but I can see a fairly quick exit from said rut...

Yeah, its very possible. I could also seeing it going the other way. I'm not agitating for anything. But I've always been worried about the defensive side of Rodger's management. When it does end for him, its gonna look alot like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

needless to say that's an angry man. I think he made some very valid points. In particular the passing and composure. There is a little confidence crisis going on...did we get rid of the psyche guy?

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    You were saying Lucas was a very good player only yesterday. Good to see you've come to your senses. ☺
    He's sh*t. Great "boss" header by Sakho at the end there as well.

No, I said there was a time when he wasn't average. You said he was always average. I disagree, before his injurys he was excellent. Do you really want to get into this again? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vicxas wrote: »
    Henderson and borini have pace.

Speaking of which hendo has been very quiet so far this year.

Borini is not fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fescue wrote: »
    The problems are greater than any single individual. It's firmly at the feet of Rodgers. As Agent Coulson said, Rodgers should be sacked.

Wow just wow:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

martyos121 wrote: »
    Everton will absolutely murder us next week. :(

No they won't

• Advertisement

On a lighter note good to see Mick Wallace in the crowd, could have picked a better game to declare his colours though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Many have written off Gerard in seasons past and i won't be doing it now but it was his most ineffective game in ages today, useless Hollywood balls and trying to force the issue, shame we are light in midfield, Lucas really does offer nothing these days. I'd start neither Tuesday and call someone up from the academy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A more dynamic midfield would have helped today by creating chance but Gerrard didn't cost us to concede 3 goals. The defence did. Not marking for the first. Big gap on the left for the 2nd with a player steaming in at the back post if the cross had have gone where it was meant to and then skrtel deciding way too late that a guy running in to the box looking for the ball is a threat and he should move instead of standing in the box watching the clouds. These basic issues cost goals.

Not having lucas playing would have helped with the going forward part too.

The final contributing factor for almost any goal conceded is going to be the defence - but what allowed West Ham to completely overrun us for the first half was our midfield being atrocious. They couldn't keep possession, and also didn't help out the defence when they lost the ball.

Our defence is never going to look good, regardless who is in it, until our midfield can start controlling games, providing sufficient cover, and stop giving the ball away/free kicks in dangerous areas.

Also, what was the story with Coutinho being left out - was he injured? Dropping him from the team I can understand, but from the squad without there being a physical reason.

On a lighter note good to see Mick Wallace in the crowd, could have picked a better game to declare his colours though.

Should be more money available for transfers if we can get him on board nd stop wasting so much by paying tax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Fat Sam took Carroll, Downing and Cole off us. I'd be very disappointed if Rodgers hadn't a word with him about taking Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Wow just wow:eek:

I never said such a thing.
    The problems are greater than any single individual. It's firmly at the feet of Rodgers. As Agent Coulson said, Rodgers should be sacked.
    Please do not make up sh1t that I didn't post

If you are going to say I said something please quote it and don't be an ass
    Lighten up. I was just having a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Over the last couple of years there have been so many premature cries of "Gerrard is past it" but at some point he actually will be past it. I'm gonna go ahead and throw my hat in the ring now.

I never said such a thing.

I dunno Coulson, your an awful **** stirrer, sounds like something you'd say alright..... :P

Milkers wrote: »
    Over the last couple of years there have been so many premature cries of "Gerrard is past it" but at some point he actually will be past it. I'm gonna go ahead and throw my hat in the ring now.

Nah, 3 games in 8 days is too much though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I dunno Coulson, your an awful **** stirrer, sounds like something you'd say alright..... :P

Sap.

angrypanda.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement