Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Early days of course but I think we are best placed of the teams outside City and Chelsea.

For example looking at Arsenal today, I don't see us having the same problems putting lesser teams to the sword. Goals will not be a problem.

United, Tottenham and Everton don't look well placed to finish in the top four on the basis of what I've seen to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fescue wrote: »
    Surprised by that, I thought Moreno did well today.

Back up to Moreno, can't trust Enrique with a new FIFA coming out in the Autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

As weekends go...

house-gif.gif

Not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Back up to Moreno, can't trust Enrique with a new FIFA coming out in the Autumn.

Well the big test for Enrique will be whether he goes PS4 or Xbox one this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

kfallon wrote: »
    He should have played in Sturridge who prob would have scored with only 2 defenders to beat with a shot!

In regards to Ridgers laughing, I think he encourages his players to try that kinda of stuff. Prob should have played in Studge but I'm sure Studge would have went for goal too m
    Fescue wrote: »
    Well the big test for Enrique will be whether he goes PS4 or Xbox one this season.

Johnson got a WiiU. The dolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Utd draw, Arse draw, City lose, Spurs lose, Everton lose, Liverpool win, Chelsea win.

That will do nicely.

LOAN WATCH
    Ibe - No game (Derby County)
    Texieria - full game in 2-2 home draw against Charlton
    Wisdom - (West Brom) Full game in 0-3 defeat to Swansea (the good news is that all goals came from the Swans right!)
    Alberto - Played 76m in 3-0 defeat to Valencia
    Origi - unused sub in 1-1 draw (Lille v Monaco)
    Smith - Played full game as left wing back in 1-1 draw against Coventry for Swindon Town
    Ilori - Bordeaux, not in match squad

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Thought Henderson did very well today..his hard work to win the ball back really made the penalty. The one thing about Sakho that annoys me is the power he puts into his passes. Could be a few metres away from someone and he puts his foot through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Was nervous of the game today.....Spurs on form, would Ballotelli do something crazy etc etc.

Great result.

Henderson is just 'killing it' these days, type of player not to get that many headlines but should be near the top on appreciation levels for me. Amount of work he does off the ball is incredible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Utd draw, Arse draw, City lose, Spurs lose, Everton lose, Liverpool win, Chelsea win.

That will do nicely.

LOAN WATCH
    Ibe - No game (Derby County)
    Texieria - full game in 2-2 home draw against Charlton
    Wisdom - (West Brom) Full game in 0-3 defeat to Swansea (the good news is that all goals came from the Swans right!)
    Alberto - Played 76m in 3-0 defeat to Valencia
    Origi - unused sub in 1-1 draw (Lille v Monaco)
    Smith - Played full game as left wing back in 1-1 draw against Coventry for Swindon Town
    Ilori - Bordeaux, not in match squad

Not looking good for Origi so far is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Missed the game so only seeing the goals and chances now. Looked a comfortable enough win.

Going on the last chance Sterling had where he beat about 4 players then tried to awkwardly shoot with his right when it looked a handy lift high in to the net with his left Rogers should ban him using his right foot in training for a bit. Nothing worse than seeing a professional football that cant even make an effort with their other foot. Not an issue at 3-0 up but could be costly in a tight game where chances aren't coming thick and fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

don't want to get in on the johnson bashing but the team certainly looks more balanced and better as a whole with two competent full backs. thought can was impressive when he came on which is good as he looked like a looper on Monday.

Not looking good for Origi so far is it?

I think we can all agree that Lille are more likely to stunt rather than promote Origis growth as a player. Unfortunately the club are powerless, unless Lille rethink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Missed the game so only seeing the goals and chances now. Looked a comfortable enough win.

Going on the last chance Sterling had where he beat about 4 players then tried to awkwardly shoot with his right when it looked a handy lift high in to the net with his left Rogers should ban him using his right foot in training for a bit. Nothing worse than seeing a professional football that cant even make an effort with their other foot. Not an issue at 3-0 up but could be costly in a tight game where chances aren't coming thick and fast.

You did see the first goal, yeah? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

daithijjj wrote: »
    Henderson is just 'killing it' these days, type of player not to get that many headlines but should be near the top on appreciation levels for me. Amount of work he does off the ball is incredible.

He was really brilliant today alright. He embodies the spirit of the team. He's a future captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Fully expect him to be announced as the new vice-captain this week.

• Advertisement

I think we can all agree that Lille are more likely to stunt rather than promote Origis growth as a player. Unfortunately the club are powerless, unless Lille rethink.

Can we recall him in Jan, there's no point in him sitting on the bench over there.

At least if he's here he's integrating into the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

He's still only a kid and his game will continue to improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Talisman wrote: »
    Fully expect him to be announced as the new vice-captain this week.

It's not that i think he wouldnt deserve it but i think Lovren might get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

rob316 wrote: »
    P.S watching the arsenal match, konchesky grew some hair.
    Probably did it in the hope no one would mistake him for Konchesky.

Talisman wrote: »
    He's still only a kid and his game will continue to improve.

Theres no shortage of 30 year olds doing the same thing.

You did see the first goal, yeah? :confused:

In fairness, there was no way to get his right foot to that. it was left foot or nothing. I was mostly getting at the times like the chance I was on about where he had that 2nd fraction of an option to pull it to his right foot that turned and 99% goal in to nothing. In that sort of situation a professional footballer should be just lifting it with his left without a 2nd thought.

If anything the 1st goal reinforces the fact that he should have used his left on the later chance.

• Advertisement

Don't see yous pushing for the title but top 4 looks very doable. Some of last year's issue may well persist but yous should still be able to put enough teams to the sword to pretty much maintain.

Daemonic wrote: »
    Probably did it in the hope no one would mistake him for Konchesky.

Maybe hes worth another chance?

No?

No?

Anyone?

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Maybe hes worth another chance?

No?

No?

Anyone?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Don't see yous pushing for the title but top 4 looks very doable. Some of last year's issue may well persist but yous should still be able to put enough teams to the sword to pretty much maintain.

1st of February people were saying Liverpool wouldn't finish top four, nevermind a title race, and we all know how that turned out. As long as we're winning games anything can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

is there a moose loose about this hoose?

great performance today even with a shaky central defence and ballotelli lacking sharpness. I'm bloody excited!

hopefully arsenal don't buy a striker and we should be able to put some distance between us and them over next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Its early days yet for him, only a few games into the season. An injury or loss of form by the starting striker or him scoring a few from the wing could force his way into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I never get this with professional footballers. Of course everyone has a stronger shooting foot. But if they dont strengthen their weaker side then their own game is limited as a result.

Was reading the other day that di Maria can only shoot with one foot. Seems incredible to pay £60m for a player who defenders know has a weaker side.

Anyway pity Sterling couldnt apply the finish to that chance he created all on his own today, it would have been a worthy contender for goal of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Can we recall him in Jan, there's no point in him sitting on the bench over there.

At least if he's here he's integrating into the club!

He started against Porto on Tuesday. He is featuring plenty for them. Don't need him starting every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

All in all a good weekend for LFC.
    Great away win for us.
    Man Utd and arsenal could only draw.
    Man City loose.
    Chelsea,while winning,showed that they can conceed lots of goals.

OFF TO THE PUB LADS :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I never get this with professional footballers. Of course everyone has a stronger shooting foot. But if they dont strengthen their weaker side then their own game is limited as a result.

Was reading the other day that di Maria can only shoot with one foot. Seems incredible to pay £60m for a player who defenders know has a weaker side.

Anyway pity Sterling couldnt apply the finish to that chance he created all on his own today, it would have been a worthy contender for goal of the month

Top Players should be able to shoot and cross with both feet but Robben seems to have gotten on fine without that ability by using his pace and movement to create a yard of space to get the shot off with his left foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Kalou has left Lille, could be good for Origi's game time.

5live wrote: »
    Its early days yet for him, only a few games into the season. An injury or loss of form by the starting striker or him scoring a few from the wing could force his way into the team.
    He started against Porto on Tuesday. He is featuring plenty for them. Don't need him starting every game

The concern is more about the way Lille play, they are ultra defensive/dour. We have the two French loans the wrong way round - Origi would flourish at Bordeaux while Ilori would be better employed at Lille. But there we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

This potential one in must be a keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

El Inho wrote: »
    This potential one in must be a keeper

Hope so.

hadepsx wrote: »
    All in all a good weekend for LFC.
    Great away win for us.
    Man Utd and arsenal could only draw.
    Man City loose.
    Chelsea,while winning,showed that they can conceed lots of goals.

OFF TO THE PUB LADS :):)

Thought of this while reading that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Was nervous of the game today.....Spurs on form, would Ballotelli do something crazy etc etc.

Great result.

Allen does a lot of donkey work too that goes un-noticed sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

djPSB wrote: »

The new Lucas like that I think - the unsung hero when he was younger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

It's funny that Ferguson slagged Henderson off because he's exactly what United are missing at the moment.

djPSB wrote: »

He does surely.

Henderson for me is head and shoulders above him though. Imo, he's our most important midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

It's funny that Ferguson slagged Henderson off because he's exactly what United are missing at the moment.

Well, he's one of the few exact things that United are missing, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Well balls anyway, I have missed over three hundred posts, paint me sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Knex. wrote: »
    Well, he's one of the few exact things that United are missing, anyway.

3748968.jpg

Did I just hear on Sky Spanish football that Negredo has gone to Valencia? :confused:

Loan deal?

Did I just hear on Sky Spanish football that Negredo has gone to Valencia? :confused:

Loan deal?

Falcao on the way to City so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

The concern is more about the way Lille play, they are ultra defensive/dour. We have the two French loans the wrong way round - Origi would flourish at Bordeaux while Ilori would be better employed at Lille. But there we are.

Kalou gone now so he will get more game time.

• Advertisement

Yeah and am I right in saying that Valencia have a wad of cash from new owners now so prob a permanent move for Negredo!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not unless they can rustle up an additional 30m in incoming money.

5starpool wrote: »
    Not unless they can rustle up an additional 30m in incoming money.

I can't see that being a problem for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I can't see that being a problem for them!

Wasn't Negredo left out of the CL panel because of the home player rule, unlikely they need to bring anyone else in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Was really worried about this game but came through it very well. Very impressed with the performance.

A standout 'play' for me was Morenos goal. Even though Enrique was ok going forward and Flannagan was solid last season, we didn't have a real goal threat over lapping from LB for quite a while (Riise?). Nice to see another outlet for attack.

Coates going to Sunderland is a good move too!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement