Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rainbow_02.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We got stick from the United fans last year about the 3-3 with palace. Well this is a hell of a lot worse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just wait till Leicester play Liverpool, that's all I'm saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What a time to turn on the United game just as Leicester score their 3rd lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What a time to turn on the United game just as Leicester score their 3rd lol

You mean their 5th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We got stick from the United fans last year about the 3-3 with palace. Well this is a hell of a lot worse :D

Couldn't give a flying **** tbh. We have our own issues to be worrying about. Still won't stop them obsessing about Liverpool though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The United result has nothing to do with our problems. We're in the **** and we have to start putting together better performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The United result has nothing to do with our problems. We're in the **** and we have to start putting together better performances.

No-one is disagreeing.

Rodgers needs to update his tactics, its no longer "give it up field to Suarez"

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Couldn't give a flying **** tbh. We have our own issues to be worrying about. Still won't stop them obsessing about Liverpool though

Do you honestly believe that it's only United that's obsessed? Seriously? Both sets of fans are as bad as each other. In fact, all football fans are as bad as each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just wait till Leicester play Liverpool, that's all I'm saying

I for one am terrified of Paul Konchesky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Do you honestly believe that it's only United that's obsessed? Seriously? Both sets of fans are as bad as each other. In fact, all football fans are as bad as each other.

The results today (Spurs & Utd) have cheered me right up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Just proves that you cant integrate 6+ players into a team without having problems, no matter who you bring in.

T-K-O wrote: »

Missed opportunity yesterday.....very annoyed still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

T-K-O wrote: »

A small crumb of comfort but a very small one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Picked a good weekend to be horrendous spurs united and one of Chelsea/city/ both will drop points. Still ****ing pissed off with yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

As crumbs go, it's really tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spurs lost, Utd lost lets how Everton lose now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

NukaCola wrote: »
    Just proves that you cant integrate 6+ players into a team without having problems, no matter who you bring in.

a team that finishes 2nd shouldn't be integrating 6+ players into a team..therein lies a big part of the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

as much as it shouldn't....

that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fescue wrote: »
    They were making the point on Sunday Supplement this morning that teams are now targeting Gerrard. For me he isn't contributing enough in the role to justify shaping the team around him. He was by no means the big problem against West ham but I think we need to look to others now with Gerrard not being so integral to everything.

All of a sudden teams are targetting Gerrard? And why are they not targetting Lucas or the likes of Allen/Henderson? Because Gerrard has the quality to control a game and hurt opposition, its the midfielders around him that need to raise their game to a level where they would also be justifiably "targetted".

Every time we go through a bad patch its Gerrard who is slated, its like GroundHog Day every time it happens. Gerrard needs to be complemented in midfield with fast players who are comfortable on the ball and can get turned- you saw the difference Llalanna made yesterday.

Having said that, I would prefer not to see Gerrard start 2 games in 4 days, its not fair to expect high performance levels without adequate rest between matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

klose wrote: »
    Picked a good weekend to be horrendous spurs united and one of Chelsea/city/ both will drop points. Still ****ing pissed off with yesterday

They are of no real relevance to us, they will be 1st and 2nd, we won't be challenging for a league title, no way!

Missed opportunity yesterday.....very annoyed still.

In keeping with the thread, I like it. If we won yesterday half the guys on here would still be complaining about some player.

Yesterday was awful but we have players to come back - as a previous poster mentioned, we have decent players capable of a lot more.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    a team that finishes 2nd shouldn't be integrating 6+ players into a team..therein lies a big part of the problem

Our squad needed depth, especially with more games in Europe....only the incredibly stupid can not see that.

Soton to win the league at a canter

Anyone seen Washington Irvine or has he changed his name?

• Advertisement

Our squad needed depth, especially with more games in Europe....only the incredibly stupid can not see that.

Spot on, we had 1 sometimes 2 viable subs last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

If that has shown us anything lads is that we should all keep it buttoned til at least 10pm on a Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Yeah, we're still shyte but that has perked me up slightly. I'm sure when utd were up 3-1 they were gonna win the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

aramush wrote: »
    Bit harsh on Sterling there, only player who tried to make something happen in that second half imo.
    great goal but lost the ball on numerous occaisions...not sure if that was becasue he had not optiosn or just concentration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Whatever you say about United being rubbish defensively, at least they're scoring goals and look decent going forward. We're rubbish defensively, rubbish in midfield, and rubbish in attack.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation...

garra wrote: »
    All of a sudden teams are targetting Gerrard? And why are they not targetting Lucas or the likes of Allen/Henderson? Because Gerrard has the quality to control a game and hurt opposition, its the midfielders around him that need to raise their game to a level where they would also be justifiably "targetted".

Every time we go through a bad patch its Gerrard who is slated, its like GroundHog Day every time it happens. Gerrard needs to be complemented in midfield with fast players who are comfortable on the ball and can get turned- you saw the difference Llalanna made yesterday.

Having said that, I would prefer not to see Gerrard start 2 games in 4 days, its not fair to expect high performance levels without adequate rest between matches.

My point is even if you do get the right balance in midfield for Gerrard to perform, is he contributing enough to have two players doing all the work for him.

For me Allen could do a really nice job in Gerrards role. Less long passes but he is an excellent passer who is much more mobile. Henderson and whoever else can then concentrate on their own performances.

Whatever you say about United being rubbish defensively, at least they're scoring goals and look decent going forward. We're rubbish defensively, rubbish in midfield, and rubbish in attack.

Sure they have RvP, Rooney, Falcao and Di maria all playing today Liverpool have Sterling and Balo right now. Plus er Borini and 5 mins from Lambert. When Studge gets back it'll look better up top but the other issues will remain live ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As great as that was it just shows how much we pissed away the last 2 games I really thought we would have 4 more points right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sure they have RvP, Rooney, Falcao and Di maria all playing today Liverpool have Sterling and Balo right now. Plus er Borini and 5 mins from Lambert. When Studge gets back it'll look better up top but the other issues will remain live ones.

They'll be far less prevalent if we play the best players available in a system that suits them.

We mightn't have the best back 5 in the league and our style might lead to leaving them exposed even if they were, but a lack of quality in the squad isn't what has caused our mostly poor performances this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Soton to win the league at a canter

Anyone seen Washington Irvine or has he changed his name?

Still here! Been a hectic few weeks and haven't had much time or regular internet access for posting. Should be set for the derby match thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Gerard is the problem. The tactic is always for the defenders to give the ball to gerard. He isn't particularly quick at releasing the ball. You stick a man on him and we become very perdestrian and slow moving up the field.
    He won't be playing on Tuesday night and it will be interesting to see how we get on. Team for tuesday

Mignolet
    Toure Skrtel lovren Enrique
    Lucas henderson
    Coutinho
    Lallana Lambert Lazer

Gbear wrote: »
    They'll be far less prevalent if we play the best players available in a system that suits them.

We mightn't have the best back 5 in the league and our style might lead to leaving them exposed even if they were, but a lack of quality in the squad isn't what has caused our mostly poor performances this season.

What do you put it down to?

A hangover from last season perhaps?

ByECCtbIYAAvPxi.jpg

Not very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

garra wrote: »
    All of a sudden teams are targetting Gerrard? And why are they not targetting Lucas or the likes of Allen/Henderson?
    Becuase Gerrard's lack of pace and movement make him easy to target. His game has been reduced to being a DM with a "quarter back" element to the role receiving the ball and pinging long passes. The problem is this isn't American Football and it's too easy to simply man mark him when our defence get the ball thus preventing him doing the one thing he's still amazing at. Henderson and Allen or any other midfielders can do all the running they like, it won't result in Gerrard not being man marked will it?

Would any other player in any other team in the PL, especially a 34 year old makeshift DM with the following stats for their last 90 minutes be a guaranteed starter next week?

- 82% pass accuracy
    - 0 through balls
    - 0 shots
    - 0/5 crosses completed
    - 0 tackles won

Seriously, 0 tackles won for a DM in a game we were trounced in :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

My point is even if you do get the right balance in midfield for Gerrard to perform, is he contributing enough to have two players doing all the work for him.

For me Allen could do a really nice job in Gerrards role. Less long passes but he is an excellent passer who is much more mobile. Henderson and whoever else can then concentrate on their own performances.

With Allen in for Gerrard I fear we'd be even more tippy tappy than yesterday's first half, happily playing in front of teams until a full-back makes a mistake and we get taken on the counter. I see your point but I don't think Allen is the answer, his passing is neat but not penetrative enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Those 130pm games went pretty perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

SlickRic wrote: »
    Those 130pm games went pretty perfectly.

The last time West Brom won on a sunday was against Liverpool in April 2012

Hello Kolo

I think Rodgers will figure it all out. He's been so brilliant so far. He's got the ability to knit this all together. I think we might have to be a little less exciting going forward for the sake of defensive resilience. Looking forward to Sturridge, Balotelli and Sterling ripping teams apart.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I have no idea why any high profile people would seriously use twitter as it allows any type of filth to essentially communicate directly to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

ByECCtbIYAAvPxi.jpg

Not very nice.

That is absolutely disgraceful. Pretty vicious. How they aren't banned off Twitter I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ByECCtbIYAAvPxi.jpg

Not very nice.

Craig Sainsbury seems like a nice chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Twatter is such a waste of time, full of muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Twitter.....giving a voice to arseholes everywhere!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement