Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Note in OP, 1/09

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can't see that being a problem for them!

It will. They can only have a net spend this summer of 49m or so, and they are already at 25m net spend (rough figures). The restrictions are part of their FFP penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I can't see that being a problem for them!

I think he was talking about FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Maybe £20m for Negredo and then try get £10m by selling the likes of Richards, Scott Sinclair or Javi Garcia (is he still there?)

kfallon wrote: »
    Maybe £20m for Negredo and then try get £10m by selling the likes of Richards, Scott Sinclair or Javi Garcia (is he still there?)

All in 24 hrs

news-24.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

"Defensively, he was very good," Rodgers commented when asked about the Frenchman's return. "He'll get smoother on the ball the more he plays.

"When they come back [from the international break], we have got a lot of games. His aggression, tenacity and spirit was very important for us and I thought he did very well."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169983-boss-moreno-goal-was-born-on-monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Looking at Madrid on SS5, they were two up but are now behind......like Dublin, not invincible it seems.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Looking at Madrid on SS5, they were two up but are now behind

Good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

6 pts from a possible 9. Can't complain with that. Great to pick up those pts before cl kicks off.
    Today was a bit similar to last Monday night with defensive errors. Difference was today Spurs didn't have the killer instinct that Man City showed in punishing Liverpools errors.

Delighted to see Moreno get on the score sheet, especially after that f*cuk up Monday night. Should help him settle in nicely which I feared when you consider how broken up he was leaving Sevilla.

Gerarrds passing was simply cat. At one stage he attempted a short pass from a free and gave it straight to a Spurs place, think it was just before HT. I'd like to see some options explored for the base of midfield in League Cup or closing stages of comfortable league games. No way Gerarrd will be able for PL at the weekend, CL midweek and PL again at the weekend.

Here's hoping all return from the international break unscathed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Madrid they said...

Invincible they said....!

Bring it on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Now 4-2 behind, dreadful at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Madrid they said...

Invincible they said....!

Bring it on!!

Sensational attacking players, but there goalkeeper is bang average and I just dont rate pepe or ramos as central defenders.

They are playing Isco, Modric and Kroos in the middle who dont offer any real defensive work rate.

They can be got at absolutely but we will have to be at the very top of our game at anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Coates to Sunderland on loan by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

5starpool wrote: »
    You make it sound much worse than it was. Balotelli basically created the chance, it broke back to him and under pressure from Lloris 40 yards from goal he skewed it.

What do you mean I make it sound worse, I was noting the humerous moment when you could see Rodgers in a fit of laughter in the background. So what if Balotelli missed who cares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

To the victor the spoils.
    mUxNRok.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Coates to Sunderland on loan by the looks of it.

Interesting, 4 senior centre backs should be enough for the season. I wonder what will happen with him and ilori next summer when toure presumably leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

One thing I've noticed and must say I like about Moreno is that he's aggresive. Not afraid to get stuck in when trying to win the ball. Really like that in a player.
    Liverpool were fairly effective with possession today. Only around 39% I think yet created lots of chances. Also held Spurs to just a single shot on target and that was due to Lovren and Sakho going for the same ball.

Most pleasing aspect from a defensive pov was dealing with corners. Usually a heart in mouth scenario but by and large they were easily repelled today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hidalgo wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed and must say I like about Moreno is that he's aggresive. Not afraid to get stuck in when trying to win the ball. Really like that in a player.
    Liverpool were fairly effective with possession today. Only around 39% I think yet created lots of chances. Also held Spurs to just a single shot on target and that was due to Lovren and Sakho going for the same ball.

Most pleasing aspect from a defensive pov was dealing with corners. Usually a heart in mouth scenario but by and large they were easily repelled today.

Manquillo loves a tackle just as much. With the back 4 we had out today, they all love a to go to ground.

Great in some ways, terrifying in others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well that was wonderful today.

OT but Just in case anyone is living under a rock lads...jennifer lawrence lads:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Great to see someone calling him out on his bullsh*t

indykaila News @indykaila
    Hearing Lucas Leiva speaking to two English clubs. Maybe Aston Villa & Southampton. #LFC

@indykaila so you giving wrong information to your followers.
    - @LucasLeiva87

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Great to see someone calling him out on his bullsh*t

indykaila News @indykaila
    Hearing Lucas Leiva speaking to two English clubs. Maybe Aston Villa & Southampton. #LFC

@indykaila so you giving wrong information to your followers.
    - @LucasLeiva87

Indykailas reply was funny though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

rob316 wrote: »
    OT but Just in case anyone is living under a rock lads...jennifer lawrence lads:eek::eek:

Yes this is a great day ;)

I assume we can't post a link?

Nice :D

x43r0 wrote: »
    Yes this is a great day ;)

I assume we can't post a link?

Twitter is your friend for any filth on the net. She's perfect though ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Twitter is your friend for any filth on the net. She's perfect though ffs

Oh I've seen them all - was gonna share the wealth via the album link :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Really didn't think we would get any thing from todays game but they were great to watch & got a fantastic result.Sterling probably just edged Henderson for MOTM.So what's peoples thoughts on the new CB pairing,Skrtel to be dropped?

delw wrote: »
    Really didn't think we would get any thing from todays game but they were great to watch & got a fantastic result.Sterling probably just edged Henderson for MOTM.So what's peoples thoughts on the new CB pairing,Skrtel to be dropped?

Im open to correction but i think rodgers pretty much always keeps the same eleven when they win, i dont see what skrtel would have offered today ahead of sakho and lovren. Hopefully the back 4 remains unchanged, really is an area that doesn't need alot of tinkering.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Oh I've seen them all - was gonna share the wealth via the album link :cool:

https://vine.co/v/MLI7ZMzInLQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

klose wrote: »
    I dont see what skrtel would have offered today ahead of sakho and lovren.

Maybe he wouldn't gift Spurs the ball numerous times in dangerous positions?

Today was largely a cracking performance & result, but we were still shaky as **** at the back. Sakho continues to be a problem IMO.

I'd like to see Sakho and Lovern get a good run of games together and develop a partnership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

MOTD2 Liverpool game on now BBC1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Gerrards FH we awful. I would of subbed him off for coutinho at HT.
    as much as we all love SG, time Is catching up on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Mr Alan wrote: »

Today was largely a cracking performance & result, but we were still shaky as **** at the back. Sakho continues to be a problem IMO.

Perhaps its my lack of footballing understanding but I just can't understand how people can look at Sakho and think he's better than Skrtel.

I actually think we were more shakey today at centre back than we were against City.

I can see Sterling and Balotelli going to the Christmas fancy dress as Kid 'n Play.

colors.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gerrards FH we awful. I would of subbed him off for coutinho at HT.
    as much as we all love SG, time Is catching up on him.

Because Gerrard is 34 anytime he has a poor half of football people will say his time is up which it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Sakho and Lovern get a good run of games together and develop a partnership.

Yep a run of games together is the only way to find out if they can click as a unit.

Today was the first time they played together in a competitive game, so would be pretty idiotic to claim that they are defo going to work or defo will not work on the back of it.

Skrtel looks like he will be out for three to four weeks anyway, so Sakho and Lovern will probably have that long at the very least to show signs that they can work well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Defense was a problem today, but Sakho is normally our best defender at passing. Still definite question marks over our defense though, so many individual errors

rarnes1 wrote: »

To be fair, I want to see the same too.

It's sink or swim time for Sakho. People have been making excuses for 6 months for him.

Rodgers on Sterling's run:

"In the box he was like Ricky Villa but his finish was like Ricky Gervais!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Moreno is a huge addition for the team. Someone like him is what we were missing against Chelsea when they defended very narrow. Sterling is an immense talent. Best teenager in the world imo. Manquillo has been excellent too & will only improve as he has had little gametime since his neck injury.

• Advertisement

Main thing about today is that we got three points, and against a good team that also happens to be a direct rival.

It also gives us some breathing room so that we can go into what is normally a very silly and fun day each season with having a bad result hanging over us.

Defense was a problem today, but Sakho is normally our best defender at passing. Still definite question marks over our defense though, so many individual errors

Our best defender at passing :p

Just admit it, to date he has not been very good overall

He did have some very bad passes granted but i think we just need to persist with it and see how we go, we have never been solid defensively but skrtel is a common denominator in that so we wont improve anymore defensively with him in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Some links to Victor Valdes tonight from Paul Joyce(Who is reliable). When fully fit he would be our #1 easily. Hope it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Our best defender at passing :p

Well, he is.
    Just admit it, to date he has not been very good overall

I think he's been ok. Hasn't set the world alight, but it was his first season in England and had some injuries. Had a good world cup, first choice for a France side that have loads of defensive options, like Varane who is one of the best in the world and Mangala who City have just paid £30m for.

He had a very dodgy game today, but the biggest defensive cock-up was Lovren's doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

MD1990 wrote: »
    Some links to Victor Valdes tonight from Paul Joyce(Who is reliable). When fully fit he would be our #1 easily. Hope it happens.

That would be a real step up in quality. Hope it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I think Sakho/Lovern has great potential.
    Would like to see them get a good run of games together.
    Sakho's a bit of an enigma, flashes of incredible brilliance interspersed with brain-farts.

My gut says he's going to become a beast of a defender.

I'm hoping my gut is right.

To be fair, I want to see the same too.

It's sink or swim time for Sakho. People have been making excuses for 6 months for him.

Best ship out every player who does not set the world alight after 18 first team games in a year then.:P

Henderson was muck for the best part of his first 40 or so games for the club, now he slots into the first team like he belongs there thanks to the massive effort the player has put in since Rodgers looked to get rid of him.

Lucas had the best part of two seasons being called crap (unfairly for the most part as in his early days with the club he was steady but not spectacular) before coming really good until his injuries over the past few years.

Both Skrtel and Agger had shakey starts to their Liverpool careers in terms of form.

Sakho last season was solid more often than not but he only played 17 games spread over the course of the season so nowhere near enough to figure out whether or not he will settle in. The fact he was out injured twice seems to get overlooked as well. I think it is the fact that he looks ungainly on the ball that has people writing him off more anything he does wrong.

The obvious thing is for him to get an actual steady run of games as part of a settled back four. Then we will find out if he can transfer the form that he showed at PSG and for France to his Liverpool career.

Personally I think he will turn out to be a beast at the back for Liverpool, but he does need to step up his form and perform better than he did today if he is to get there.

Well, he is.

I think he's been ok. Hasn't set the world alight, but it was his first season in England and had some injuries. Had a good world cup, first choice for a France side that have loads of defensive options, like Varane who is one of the best in the world and Mangala who City have just paid £30m for.

He had a very dodgy game today, but the biggest defensive cock-up was Lovren's doing.

Yep it was, and it was another somewhat maligned player that bailed Lovern and the team out after that cock up.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »

Saw last night hes a free agent, snap him up at 32 he still has loads left in the tank.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement