Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longest run of consecutive minutes played?

• 30-08-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard the commentator of the Burnley v Man United game mention that Burnley's Jason shackell has played every minute of their last 92 consecutive games ( I think it was 92, and I'm not sure if that means competetive games only, it might well mean that).

I was wondering where I might find records about this kind of statistic about biggest number of consecutive games (or minutes) played. I'd imagine the a goalkeeper holds the record, but I'd love to see some records, for outfield players too if possible.

Any ideas where I could find this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Michael Devine had 118 consecutive starts for Cork City. It ended following a suspension in the Setanta Cup in May 2005. He must have started the run four or five years earlier, when he signed and became the starting keeper. I can't imagine him having ever been substituted for an injury in the that time, so I'd imagine it was 118 full matches he played. So, 10,620 minutes (177 hours), excluding injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Harold bell of tranmere rovers 401 concsecutive appearances

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_records_in_England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Michael Devine had 118 consecutive starts for Cork City. It ended following a suspension in the Setanta Cup in May 2005. He must have started the run four or five years earlier, when he signed and became the starting keeper. I can't imagine him having ever been substituted for an injury in the that time, so I'd imagine it was 118 full matches he played. So, 10,620 minutes (177 hours), excluding injury time.

I think this should only really be for outfield players. Goalkeepers are rarely subbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Matty Holland had a good run back in the day too I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

browner85 wrote: »
    Harold bell of tranmere rovers 401 concsecutive appearances

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_records_in_England
    The thread title is consecutive minutes played, not appearances as a player might have been substituted or not even started.

I'd be very interested to hear the answer to this. It might well be Harold Bell but it would be interesting to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

eagle eye wrote: »
    The thread title is consecutive minutes played, not appearances as a player might have been substituted or not even started.

I'd be very interested to hear the answer to this. It might well be Harold Bell but it would be interesting to find out.

Well if you use your "eagle eye" and read the second paragraph of the post you will see it was asked consecutive games or minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Brad Friedel had over 300 consecutive appearances. I assume he played every minute of those games.

Advertisement