Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet flyover?

Options
  • 30-08-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Did anyone hear that jet flyover artane/donnycarney there a few minutes ago? Is there an airshow on?

Was very loud and sounded like it was going very fast, wasnt able to get up off the couch quick enough to see it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Clungewellies

Yep just passed over the centre there, fly by for the american football probably

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shimmy Jimmy CocoPop

beefjerky wrote: »
    Did anyone hear that jet flyover artane/donnycarney there a few minutes ago? Is there an airshow on?

Was very loud and sounded like it was going very fast, wasnt able to get up off the couch quick enough to see it.

Yea apparently 2 US F-16's flying over Croker for the American football today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Think it was for the American football game, near gave me a heart attack on Parnell Street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JGEP

There were 2 of them, they flew over Ranelagh too. Pretty loud! No idea if there's an airshow, would love to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭VG31

Two American F-16s did a fly past at Croke Park at 13:22.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah two f-16's for the NCAAF match at croke park.
    Looked awesome over croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Ah cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Anyone get video?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Clungewellies

Was he inverted?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

'Tower, this is Ghostrider requesting a flyby.'

'No boy, de park is wedged laaad.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A bit underwhelming viewing it from the bridge on the North Strand. Still, it got me out of bed, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Heard it in Terenure, gave me a heart attack. My initial thought was ISIS think we're the UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Watched it from balcony beside croker, was unreal. All happened too quickly to get video. Unbelievable noise.

Pity they only came around once.

Car alarms all over the place going off in the aftermath.

Anyone know where they took off from?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Thought the house was collapsing or something like that, bit alarming for a few moments, house alarms went off in the area. Were the planes clearly visible?

Makes you wonder what it must be like in real war zones with planes like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Anyone know where they took off from?

Lakenheath where they overnighted. They are F-16s from the 22nd FS Spangdahlem AB Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

chinwag wrote: »
    Thought the house was collapsing or something like that, bit alarming for a few moments, house alarms went off in the area. Were the planes clearly visible?

Makes you wonder what it must be like in real war zones with planes like this.

I don't think they do many 'for the craic like' fly pasts at sports stadiums in war zones. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You'd think they would have at least announced it to the media before doing the fly over. If I had of known there was going to be two f16s flying over Dublin I would have made a trip into town to see it, its not often you get the opportunity to see an event like that so it would have been nice to see, even if only for less than a minute.

If we're going to open up our airspace for the US to do a flypast for a game of college football in Croker I dont think its much to ask that advance notice be given so the locals could have enjoyed the show too, rather than be shocked and frightened by it, which seems to have been the main reaction of those living underneath the jets flight path

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It was a reconnaissance mission. :eek: :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement