Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Dublin commuter towns

Options
  • 30-08-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    Hoping to relocate to Ireland and that i will get a job in South Dublin. Please can you suggest places that are commutable to south Dublin for someone that doesn't drive and who has a budget of only 100k tops to buy somewhere. I was thinking of Blessington - any other ideas? I know some commute from South Wicklow but seems quite far to me.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Forget about Blessington if you can't drive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would look at the bus and rail links and then base your decision on that.

I would go to myhome.ie set your max as 150k and see what is on offer in each area.

Then I would see what both lists have in common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 radiohead1

Thanks. I thought there was a reasonable bus service - the no 65? no good, no?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Id use some of that 100k to rent for a year or two in somewhere like lucan or celbridge and see how that goes. After that if youre happy here you can think about buying somewhere.

Advertisement