Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much should my bike be worth

• 30-08-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Just a quick question
    thinking about buying a new bike and wanted to know if its worth trading in my old bike
    2010 bordman team comp full 105
    any idea how much would it be worth?
    or should i keep it as winter bike?
    thanks for any input

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

8119tm wrote: »
    Hi Just a quick question
    thinking about buying a new bike and wanted to know if its worth trading in my old bike
    2010 bordman team comp full 105
    any idea how much would it be worth?
    or should i keep it as winter bike?
    thanks for any input

Keep it...

It's probably worth 1/3rd of what you paid for it, it would kill me to sell my bike at
    for that kind of money.

I sold a Giant rapid 6 months old here a while back and got less then half of what it cost, looking back now I should have held on to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Depends on condition. Maybe €500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Is it the carbon framed boardman? If so If its in good condition you could get more then €600

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Circa € 150 - €200

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭8119tm

aluminum with carbon fork good condition iv always looked after it washed ad lubed after every use small tear on bar tape after it rubbed against a wall at a food stop on a Sportive also scratch the rear derailleur iv been very lucky never came off and only had 3 Puncture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

Put it this way its worth alot more to you than somebody will be willing to pay, you should keep it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I bought one of those on here about 18 months ago for 350 euro (I think), about the same age and slightly lower spec - 105/tiagra/fsa mix.
    The paint on mine is falling off around the bottom bracket and is bubbled on the top tube, so it looks terrible now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It should sell for 500 if it's in good condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Advice my LBS gave me when I was selling mine was to half the original price and add 50 to it. That should be your asking price and if you can get close to it you'll be doing well.

Advertisement