Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera failure

Options
  • 30-08-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys...I have a Canon EOS Rebel XTi and a second hand Canon EOS 1Dn mk2.
    My problem is that BOTH cameras have stopped working at the same time...and both were working fine before. The EOS 1Dn has a flashing empty battery symbol on the display sometimes when I switch it on...sometimes not...The Rebel is just plain old dead.
    I have tried recharging the batteries for both overnight but the problem remains.

Would anyone be able to help with my predicament...I have a nieces wedding coming up next in October and the Dublin Port Rally at the end of September.

Any help would be great
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

As above, check with Zerohamster. Knows his stuff and is a good guy to deal with.

Meanwhile, is it possible that both batteries are just goosed? Be unlucky to happen to both at the same time but batteries do have a finite lifetime. Anyone that you can borrow matching batteries from just to rule that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 the eternal journeyman

I have four batteries for each camera...with one of the EOS 1d batteries I get a flashing empty battery on the display...nothing else...so I thought there might be hope there...no result after leaving it charging overnight...The Rebel just won't do anything...the little LED on the back doesn't even flash as it should when you put a fully charged battery in...I'm stumped...I use both cameras regularly...I have the Rebel from new and it has been faultless...The 1D is second hand with about 23000 or so shutter clicks on it...but again it has been going faultlessly...I don't understand how both camera stop working at the same time and ALL batteries give up the ghost at the same time too?...I don't know.

I've contacted Zeromaster but I'm still waiting for a reply....don't know anyone with similar batteries unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Do you have two chargers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

I've contacted Zeromaster but I'm still waiting for a reply....don't know anyone with similar batteries unfortunately

Just saw your PM there and replied. Hopefully I can sort you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement