Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dj Controller laptop and hdtv combo

Options
  • 30-08-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey, being looking at getting a dj controller and will probably go for the Pioneer DDJ-WeGO2
    if it will do the job i need it to. My current set up is Virtual dj installed on laptop with laptop connected via HDMI to a HDTV and headphones out from the laptop jack out. The HDTV displays the laptop screen and gives master audio out through its own speakers. What i need to know is, if i connect up a DDJ-WeGO2 via usb will i still be able to hear the master out from the tv or will this setup re route everything for me? I want the controller to simply take over the controls and leave everything else as is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

You have a master out on the controller you will need to run an Rca/Phono cable from that to the audio input on your Tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ptallant

i read around after posting and reckon you are right that the dj controller will take over master but i am hoping that the sound card on the laptop i have will maybe split the output between usb and hdmi so i may still be able to hear it on the tv.

EDIT: Posted the same question in the VirtualDj forum and got the following answer from a VDj rep.

"If you just try to operate VirtualDJ with the bundled VirtualDJ 7 Limited Edition (which comes with newly purchased WeGO2), then it will only allow you to have Master Output and monitoring (Headphones) through the outputs of the WeGO.
    If you upgrade to Pro Infinity or purchase a PLUS License (version 8 only), you will be able to route both Master Output and Headphones channel to whatever sound output you want."

So it turns out if i get the pro version i can route the master via hdmi straight to my tv speakers which thankfully incorporate a small sub. Options open again...

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement