Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I see the movement of the continents online

• 30-08-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Want to know is there a site or program online that can let me see the movement of the earths contintents starting with Pangea up to present day and also let me view the future movements of the earths continents in say the next 500 million years. Say could I input a date and then see what it would like? Could I see what it looks like in 10,000 years or 500,000 years or what it looked like any year in the past? In other words a program in which I put in a date past or present and see what I looked like or will look like?
    Also another question is the rate at which continental drift slowing down or will it slow down in comparison to the past or has it/will it remain constant?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

It is slowing down as the heat source which is the Earth's interior and the main driver of the continental drift slowly cools.

dbran

Advertisement