Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescued hens?

• 30-08-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to get ex battery/rescue hens in Co Galway?

The mother in law keeps hens, wants some new ones, we thought it would be nicer if we could get some ex batts, good food and arsing around on the farm all day and a nice bed at night time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

We got battery rescues from a couple in Galway some years back - I can't for the life of me remember where they were based but it was out in the country. (Not much help sorry) Maybe you might find some rescues online who would know.

Just to say it was a pure joy to watch the hens come back to condition (they were in an awful state) and enjoy a new found freedom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bulleyes

Wrong side of the country from me but if you post on Irish Fowl.ie I'm certain someone over there could point you in the right direction.

Advertisement