Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LLM in Criminology & Criminal Justice

Options
  • 30-08-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm about to start the LLM in Criminology & Criminal Justice (wow, that's a bit of a mouthful!) in UCD and I was just wondering if anybody on here has any experience of the course that they could share.

I have a Law degree and so I'm coming at it from a Law background, but I've never studied any Criminology-related subjects, with the exception of a Criminal Law course taken in my second year.

Unlike a lot of my peers, I'm not interested in a career in Commercial Law and so the argument that 'You will be unlikely to gain a job with a big firm from this' does not apply to me as I've no interest in working in the corporate sphere.

I'm purely interested in the course from an academic perspective as I have ambitions to lecture in the future. I'd just be interested to hear whether it's a course that people would recommend. Did they enjoy it, was it a course that they would recommend, et cetera?

Thanks for any help in advance! :pac:

Advertisement