Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Markets with local produce and goods

Options
  • 30-08-2014 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I have recently moved to Cork City, and would like to find out if there are any regular markets selling local items like clothing and handcrafts? I know the English Market (and thats great for food) but are there any markets that sell clothes and interesting things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

There is a flea market on McCurtin street every Friday- Sunday. I've never been in, but i walk past it a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mother-Jones-Flea-Market/100608443419871

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

It's small, but the blackrock market on a sunday from ten to two has a couple of stalls with handmade bracelets and wooden things. It's mainly food though, specifically the cure of all hangovers, the vegetarian breakfast burrito. Noms.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

There's a fair few markets listed here, though I'm unsure if they're all food or whatever. At least some have websites/contact details so you can check it out though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

There's a small indoor market on Cook Street or Marlboro Street on Saturdays (it's one of those streets, between St. Patricks and Oliver Plunkett). It's in an old building through a gates, there's a few stalls out the front of the building too. No food, just homemade crafts, clothing and random bits & bobs. Nice little market so it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Bacchus wrote: »
    There's a small indoor market on Cook Street or Marlboro Street on Saturdays (it's one of those streets, between St. Patricks and Oliver Plunkett).

Princes Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

evilivor wrote: »
    Princes Street.

It just had to be the one I didn't list :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have to say that one on princess street is pretty awfull, not very exciting.. Seems more like they gather in there to chat more than anything..

Was out in Wilton on Tuesday think it is just food. But if you are looking for quirky Mother Jones Flea Market is the place to go. They sell mostly vintage things but it is great fun to walk around and have a looksie

Advertisement