Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch RTE TV on windows phone 8.1

• 30-08-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to watch RTE TV Player on windows phone 8.1 and, if so, how?

It asks me to update Flash but that's not possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

The RTE Player website won't work on the phone, and there is no official app - so it's not possible at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

theothernt wrote: »
    The RTE Player website won't work on the phone, and there is no official app - so it's not possible at the moment.

Thank you! Great to get a straight answer - I'd spent about an hour on google before I asked.

Lissavane wrote: »
    Thank you! Great to get a straight answer - I'd spent about an hour on google before I asked.

This may change in the future, but no news from RTE just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Anyone working on an unofficial one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

You can only watch the RTE NewsNow channel through their official app.

Contact the developers and request them to develop the player app. They have told me they previously developed one but RTE decided not to release it. So they are now back at the planning stage.

Drop them an email to show your interest, it's the only thing we can do at the moment. They are good at getting back in touch.
    newsnow@axonista.com

• Advertisement

mark_m360 wrote: »
    Contact the developers and request them to develop the player app. They have told me they previously developed one but RTE decided not to release it. So they are now back at the planning stage.

Drop them an email to show your interest, it's the only thing we can do at the moment. They are good at getting back in touch.
    newsnow@axonista.com

You should also find someone to contact in RTE as they're the ones who make the decisions and pay for the apps to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

theothernt wrote: »
    You should also find someone to contact in RTE as they're the ones who make the decisions and pay for the apps to be made.

Unfortunately I don't have that access. ;)
    We will just have to rely on the developer to relay our feedback.

Advertisement