Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Shopping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I've been buying a few bits here and there. I think I need to sit down, take stock of what I have for various people, and then figure out what I still need to get. Should make it a lot easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I'm after completing my santa presents all ordered online.
    Delivered the next day postman checked to see if there were any young people about before he took out of the van there was so he held on to them until he passed by later in in the day
    Straight up to attic.

I have a 4 yr old 2 yr old and a 10 week old so goin out to shops is a nightmare!

Only discovered the joys of boots.ie too
    Got my wipes etc all to be delivered.
    Saves me such hassle of shopping with children!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

It was very nice of the postman to check before he delivered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

kitten_k wrote: »
    It was very nice of the postman to check before he delivered them.

Yes it was as there was a picture of barbie on the box and he used his head!!
    Fair play to him
    You don't get that often

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

OH MY GOD I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISORGANISED!!!!!!!!

I'm all over the place this year, it's going to be my first time ever out of the country (in London), with my in-laws, and we've just bought as house and are trying to get all the work done so we can move out of our flat and into it the week before Christmas.

I am already wrecked and it's only November!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

monflat wrote: »
    I'm after completing my santa presents all ordered online.
    Delivered the next day postman checked to see if there were any young people about before he took out of the van there was so he held on to them until he passed by later in in the day
    Straight up to attic.

I have a 4 yr old 2 yr old and a 10 week old so goin out to shops is a nightmare!

Only discovered the joys of boots.ie too
    Got my wipes etc all to be delivered.
    Saves me such hassle of shopping with children!

That was so nice of your postman.

We've a lovely postman too. He knows we both leave for work before 8:30 so he always makes sure to deliver any parcels around 8 to save us trekking into the depot as he knows we both drive bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Picked up a few more bits last night. I'm having a big lack of ideas this year, argh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Haha that post man's a legend.

Ordering a lot of stuff online but it's been taking longer than advertised for delivery for a lot of things lately

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We have our first baby due on dec 4th so this Christmas will be special but very disorganised! Of course money will also be tighter than we are used to.

I'm hoping that we can pick up a fake Christmas tree for a reasonable price soon enough and I'd like to pick up something special for my husband. Other than that I'd imagine that even Christmas dinner will have to take a back seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

After being unwell last week and laid up at home I'm itching to get going I've a couple in already but I just feel disorganised can't wait to hit the shops, I need to organise my weekends better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Phone arrived today (one of boyf's presents) so like I said the other day, I have two presents now.

I saved some money last week so this week I'll have double what I'd normally have, and I'm hoping to get a few more presents from Amazon with that.

I really have to keep reminding myself it's only November and that I do have plenty of time, but it's hard when the Christmas ads are on telly and all around you, the big day is being talked about.

Love it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Just cleared most of my list in one foul swoop, thanks be to jaysus for Amazon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Haha! :D

From Waterford Whispers:
    Woman With All Her Christmas Shopping Done To Spend November Being A Smug B*tch
    A KILKENNY woman is set to spend November pissing off her friends and co-workers having completed all her Christmas shopping since before Halloween.
    Mairead McGrath, a 27-year-old assistant in a local Cake Shop, will spend the remaining six weeks until Christmas being unbearably smug to both customers and co-workers, implying that they must not be as organised as she is and that they need to hurry up and not leave everything to the last minute.
    “It’s great to have everything done, you know?” said McGrath, for the thirtieth time that day. “It just means you can relax over the Christmas, you know, you don’t have to be running around the shops getting walked on by everyone. If you just buy a few things here and there over the year, like I do, then you’ll be able to chill out more and enjoy yourself”.
    In an effort to let everyone know how great she is for having all her shopping done, Ms. McGrath is to spend the next six weeks constantly asking customers if they “are all set for Christmas?”, in an effort to start a conversation which she can oar herself into.
    “I even have all the Santa Claus things taken care of”, the mother of two told WWN. “I got my girls them to write their letters in March, so I could buy the things in the sale at the Summer. And I got bath sets and things like that in Boots when they went on sale last January, and just put them in the attic for the year”.
    “If you plan it right, you can have all your Christmas shopping done by the end of February and just relax and enjoy yourself, like I do, which is the right way to do things, because it’s the way I do them”.
    Co-workers of Ms. McGrath in the busy bakery have agreed to let her waffle on as much as she likes, and are currently doing their best to just tune her out until January.

Every year I moan that I need to be more like the upstanding Young lady in the above article :p really though, christmas isn't Christmas without some last min dash.

Whispered wrote: »
    Every year I moan that I need to be more like the upstanding Young lady in the above article :p really though, christmas isn't Christmas without some last min dash.

It's part of the fun! :P

I've finally started! Bought an owl bag for a friend, along with an owl bracelet, and a Lego Back To The Future set for my grown-up brother, all from Amazon.

Tell me about it. I realised yesterday that I had left five people (yes, five!) off the present list. My wife's family are ridiculous, so in total as a couple we have 24 people to buy for, excluding gifts for each other. That's not normal! Of those, four are "mine" (my mum, step-dad, sister and kris kindle with my friends), the rest are her family.

Aw yiss, took a trip to the shops last night for kitchen roll, came back with presents for four people.

5s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ECB007

I always keep my eyes open year round for the bargains - but always end up rushing around on Christmas eve - having forgotten someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Bought nine presents online last night..felt so good getting them in a big chunk.
    So that's 11 presents I have now.
    Still will need to go to the shops for other things, so I'll have that Christmas festive feeling, but I'm glad I have the bulk of them now.

Just ordered my first two gifts. Feeling very proud.

Although one of the gifts is for me so I'm not sure if it counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Just ordered my first two gifts. Feeling very proud.

Although one of the gifts is for me so I'm not sure if it counts.

The gifts for oneself are the most important :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Debenhams have a sale until Sunday, got a good few bits for the husband and kids, a few books via The Book People that were great value so I'm almost done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

I'm starting mine the 1st week of December

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I've started!!! I bought one thing so far for my friend. We were in Penneys and they had an owl shaped cushion and she was like "I want that" so I got it. It was only €3 but its something she loves. :)

I'm planning on getting a few bits in Blanchardstown but if I can't/don't get anything there then I'm gonna do all my shopping online that weekend. I only know of two things my bf wants so far; an amazon voucher and a bottle of Hendricks Gin, so I'll get those and whatever else he wants :)

I was trying to look on the Boots website earlier but couldn't get it to work to look at the gifts on the 3-for-2 offer, all I get it a generic error page :(

Another present down. Got my Mum a puzzle, showing the Rockfellar Christmas tree. She loves Christmas and loves NYC so it'll go down a treat.

Thank god for my bro in London though. Postage to his address was free (from ebay) but £23 to get it delivered here! :eek:

I'm currently E-baying. No money til the end of the week but I can put things on watch, lots and lots of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Nearly finished now. I'm taking advantage of the discounts that are around. I got 10% off perfume today and I also had a €5 off perfume voucher from my Boots Advantage Card mailing that I nearly threw out because I don't wear perfume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I need to start asap!

I have 2 (soon to be 3 nieces) 2 nephews, 2 sister in laws, 2 brothers and a mother to buy for.

Everyone else will fall into place I hope

LALA go to ebay, choose something for a baby girl. Then tell me what it is.

/stuck :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

LOL!! Whispered I am stalking ebay for a handbag for my mother/sisters in law! !

Baby has to be born before I can buy her anything :(

Advertisement