Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Shopping

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I couldn't get into the city this weekend at all. I went to the shop though yesterday afternoon and popped into a local craft gallery and picked up two lovely handmade candle holders & candles for a gift. I hope to pick up some cellophane, ribbon & bows next weekend and get crafty with the wrapping of them. I also popped into a Christmas craft fair and picked up another candle holder. All in all everything came up to 40 euro and I was delighted with them. I think I saved money by remaining local because I don't think I'd have much luck in the city and for the price. And I definitely saved myself a headache for next weekend because that's sorted.

I think I'm nearly there now with the gift buying. The couples are sorted. The kids are sorted. Just the teenager to but for now and I have a fair idea what to get her.

I saw online that debenhams has gift wrapping paper. A box of 4 rolls with ribbon and bows down from 10 euro something to 5 euro something (I forget). I'm going to order online tonight and hope it comes before the end of the week. Debenhams online has info saying they aim to deliver within 4 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

All done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Deliveries rolling in! :D
    Just paid €36 to customs for a bloody harry potter hat and feather quill! Worst part is, that's the small package from thinkgeek, god knows how much the next one will be D:

Deliveries rolling in! :D
    Just paid €36 to customs for a bloody harry potter hat and feather quill! Worst part is, that's the small package from thinkgeek, god knows how much the next one will be D:

That customs charge is steep. Last week and the week before, I had a load of packages coming in the mail. Stuff that I ordered and there's two more on the way this week. Custom charges is the reason I mainly go for Irish or uk online shops. Irish online shops are handy. Like last night I ordered rolls of wrapping paper from debenhams. It will save me from battling in the shops next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I think I am just about done, I will have to get my list out and double check, tried to get an Alex and Ani bangle for a pal at lunchtime today couldn't get the one I wanted rang another jewellers that I used before they were out of stock also so went online to the first jewellers website and ordered it online I am baffled as to why they didn't say check our website in the first place or that they had a website, hopefully the site is working properly my order did go through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was in town yesterday and I really wanted to try and pick up another extra gift for my other half (he spoils me through the year, so I want to spoil him for a change), but it started raining and it put me off.

I'm hoping to pop into a few shops at the weekend and maybe just pick him up a top or something.
    It's feeling really Christmassy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Clarie29

Actually I finished my Christmas Shopping because next week it will be crazy and impossible to buy something because all the shops will be so busy! Now just waiting for Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Got the last of my Christmas shopping done last Friday. Haven't had a chance yet to sort through everything and wrap them. I know when I look through them I am going to realise I forgot someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I pretty much have all of mine done, I just have the only part I don't like left to do......wrap them all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just have to get a gift for a friend who I didn't think I was doing gifts with :o and then must pick up a petrol voucher for my dad (bless him, he's great :)) and then I'm done! Hope they have the petrol vouchers now - I remember one year, a few days before Christmas, they were out of them :eek:

• Advertisement

I'm nearly ready with my gift shopping. I would like to add dad to my list though who I didn't budget for because he did mom and me and my sister too a huge favour by fixing the boiler last week when it broke down otherwise we'd be sitting in the cold and without a drop of hot water for a shower. My mam is keen on chipping in with me but my sister is full of stinge. We're talking about chipping in 15 euro each. All of the gifts now so far has been on my back. I got my granny's present and my aunt and uncles present and my sister never chipped in. She's unemployed with full rate of dole, living at home, so no rent to pay, no debt, bills are minimal, no one else to consider buying for this Xmas and she's just too stingey. She'll be happy to put her name to the cards though.
    BDJW wrote: »
    I pretty much have all of mine done, I just have the only part I don't like left to do......wrap them all :(
    I love wrapping.

Clarie29 wrote: »
    Actually I finished my Christmas Shopping because next week it will be crazy and impossible to buy something because all the shops will be so busy! Now just waiting for Christmas :D
    I'd say this weekend in towns will be mental. I'm not looking forward to going in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

my sister never chipped in. ... She'll be happy to put her name to the cards though.

Don't let her. Or let her sign the card if you're giving a card, but put a tag on the gifts that only you (and whoever else contributed) sign. Put her on notice, I had to do this with a brother who was just a bit scatty tbh but I said "I bought the presents. I've wrapped them, picked them out and paid for them. The total cost was €X - do you want to split that cost and put your name on the tag or do you want to buy your own presents for them?"

Advertisement