Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycle lights knog blinder

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I got a front and rear in Liffey Valley at the weekend. I didn't see any more. They had them in a bargain bucket. They had a "first charge before.." august or sept I can't remember. I'll only be using them for short journeys, so I didn't think it matters that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

muggles wrote: »
    I suppose I'm hoping against hope that anyone might have spotted a front Knog Blinder at the reduced price left around the country at this stage??

Picked up a front & rear when OP posted the bargain alert a few weeks back (thanks once again!). Unfortunately my front light met an unhappy end the other evening. Rang Halfords in Limerick, was told they had the last one in stock but when I went in it only had the one LED light rather than the four. I picked it up for a tenner but would love to get my hands on the four LED Blinder again.
    Mind if I ask what the unhappy end was? Did it fall off the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Well you could say that....but not before the bike fell off the car.....or to be more precise, flew off the car and out across the motorway. There's a good chance the light is still there somewhere and might even be working but I'm not going back to look for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

Knog Blinder 1 Front Light, Gold Cog or Red Heart £8.00

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knog-Blinder-Front-LED-Gold/dp/B009CFV3V4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

little bit disappointed (in fact very disappointed) with the rechargeable battery life on this. Even though its off, it seems to run out of battery after 3/4 days.

anyone else having this problem?

Which ones. The original 4 led blinders or these 1 led lights?

I got the 4 led blinders. Though I've just charged them the once and not used them. As its not been dark enough yet. So I couldn't tell you how ling they last for. I charged mine probably on the 3 or 4th and I think they still work. I'll check them later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

little bit disappointed (in fact very disappointed) with the rechargeable battery life on this. Even though its off, it seems to run out of battery after 3/4 days.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue with the front set I picked up. If I don't cycle for 3 days then the battery just continues to discharge.

When its out of battery doesn't the led on the switch go red?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

SteM wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue with the front set I picked up. If I don't cycle for 3 days then the battery just continues to discharge.

Not sure what the attraction of these lights are? 42 quid normal price!!!!? I currently have an impressively bright LED light set on my bike from Dealz.. 3 quid for the two and cycle every morning with them. Havnt changed the batteries in three weeks, nor does it look like they need changing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

ando wrote: »
    Not sure what the attraction of these lights are? 42 quid normal price!!!!? I currently have an impressively bright LED light set on my bike from Dealz.. 3 quid for the two and cycle every morning with them. Havnt changed the batteries in three weeks, nor does it look like they need changing

well 15 quid and when its in action, its seriously bright. I've had cheap lights and unfortunately they dont cut it. Normally I would only change battery probably once every 6 months, but I only have a 15 minute cycle home.

Its no problem charging it every few days to be fair, but it shouldnt discharge that easily...might get onto them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Yep - I bought the front and rear for €15 a piece. I used the rear one for a few days and ... low and behold ... it needed charging after 3 days (around 3 hours in total). I'm hoping it will improve with use.

Look out for the little warning light letting you know it needs a recharge.

Mine still seem ok. no red light.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

Mike1961 wrote: »
    Yep - I bought the front and rear for €15 a piece. I used the rear one for a few days and ... low and behold ... it needed charging after 3 days (around 3 hours in total). I'm hoping it will improve with use.

Look out for the little warning light letting you know it needs a recharge.
    same thing happened to me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Im thinking they need to be treated like a phone and keep them on charge when not in use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

There is an Eco mode which is supposed to last a lot longer(10 hours or something) but I don't think it's supposed to last much longer than a few hours on the normal modes.

• Advertisement

The manual says hold 2secs to turn off but hold longer 5secs and it goes into long storage mode. Maybe thats what I've been doing by accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I bought these five weeks ago, did the double charge as recommended in the manual when I got them and have used them five days a week since in and out of work, a 10-15 minute cycle on the eco mode. This morning the rear one indicated it needed a recharge for the first time. Very happy, much brighter and more durable than my previous rechargeable Blackburn Flea 2.0. Great bargain OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There is 1 blinder in blanchardstown in a basket at the bottom of a shelf behind the bike counted for 10€. I got 2 for 8 each:)

There's also a frog but don't know the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Just been to halfords in Tralee and needed a rear light .I purchased the blinder at €38 with 10% off so not too impressed having read this.But I just looked at the little red sticker, which by the way was covered over with a barcode but managed to get it off.June 14 recommended first charge so bringing it back tomorrow.Should of known better with halfords .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

codie wrote: »
    Just been to halfords in Tralee and needed a rear light .I purchased the blinder at €38 with 10% off so not too impressed having read this.But I just looked at the little red sticker, which by the way was covered over with a barcode but managed to get it off.June 14 recommended first charge so bringing it back tomorrow.Should of known better with halfords .

just get it here £15.78 + €6.46 delivery to Ireland or £15.78 + €3.95 (using parcel motel)

• Advertisement

Bit of thread revival. Are all yours still working. My rear has stopped charging. I didn't use them over the summer. Now the front on is still working ok. The rear one has though won't charge to a green, stays red. Only lasts about 10 mins before. I bought mine in Sept. Pity. Kinda puts me off USB lights now. I suspect the 2yr warranty won't cover the battery part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Both sets of mine are running great. Getting two to three hours out of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭terencemc

yeah mine are working fine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Mine are running so well, I can't find them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

You might have to repeat the charging cycle, I did when I first got mine.
    ectoraige wrote: »
    I picked a pair up in Sligo, there were another two sets still there. Noticed in the instructions it said to repeat the charge if they had been unused for six months so given the sticker on them I did that. The front set seemed to go through a second charge, the rear one turned green within a minute. Bands stretch pretty well, quite happy with mine so far. Thanks OP.

Lights are still running great, think I've only had to recharge each a handful of times, use them daily.

Tks. I've tried it. Left it on the charger for a hours. Left it on for the 10 mins its takes to turn off. Then repeat. Might have another go.

Maybe its faulty rather than simply the battery.

Same issue here beauf. No hope of a revival I'd imagine. The second one I had I found on floor the other day having fallen off the bike. When I looked at it the rubber had just worn away. I thought these were great when I got them first, now not so much. Of course I've no receipts kept either. Glad I got them at sales price. I'd be fairly peeved if I'd paid full whack and both redundant within a year.

You might be able to swap the housings and put the rubber from the non working one into the working one?

beauf wrote: »
    You might be able to swap the housings and put the rubber from the non working one into the working one?

I might actually. I'll have a look this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭friso59

There's actually a fix online using o-rings for when the rubber band snaps. It's not the most elegant of solutions but I've used it and it does work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement