Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips to prevent study burnout

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Don't do to much to early. Gradually increase the amount work you do as the year progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Unfortunately everyone burns out towards the end of 6th year. Even if you do very little at the start, the year itself is extremely tiring anyway. Study is only one thing contributing towards that tiredness.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rockerdude15

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 teach432

Build up to the exam with a well-structured study plan. Don't do too much from day one.

But on the other hand, don't use burnout as an excuse to go out every weekend! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Listen properly in class and ask questions. Much easier to top up something that is already understood than trying to do it yourself at home later.
    Don't miss days at school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

From now until Christmas take it easy, just do your homework and stay on top of everything, maybe do an extra hour a night an just look over a subject. After Christmas up the intensity, and then after the mocks up it again. The leaving cert is a marathon not a sprint, you have to pace yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Sorry to say but you will burn out at some stage!

I never did anything on a Sunday for the LC and I think that day kept me sane! You need a day of rest to look forward to at the end of the week :)

Advertisement