Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring video from old camcorder tapes to CD's?

• 30-08-2014 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi,

My father bought a Sony camcorder back in 2005 for a crazy price compared to what they are now. Anyway, it used them small cassettes to store video. We've got a lot of them. However, in about 2006/7, the camera fell about 6 feet and broke. When you try play the tapes on the camcorder they just mess up the whole thing.

Fast forward to today, and we'd like to see that footage from almost 10 years ago. We have the cassettes which are fine. How can I go about transferring the footage to a CD or USB or w/e is possible? I don't mind paying a shop to do it. Any places that do that sort of stuff?

It would be a shame to lose some of that footage. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 chrispin

Hi Stanlex ,I found a company that do that very thing and sent off a hi8 tape to them and they sent it back with a dvd of the contents edited to perfection.I highly recommend them.
    Search for Digisafe.ie. Boards won`t let me post the url.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

we bought a video recorder/dvd player in aldi years ago and it can do it. You put your wee cassette into a normal size video cassette (Special cassette)and press play and the contents are transferred onto the dvd. I havent used it in ages but must give it another go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Stanlex

chrispin wrote: »
    Hi Stanlex ,I found a company that do that very thing and sent off a hi8 tape to them and they sent it back with a dvd of the contents edited to perfection.I highly recommend them.
    Search for Digisafe.ie. Boards won`t let me post the url.

I'll send them an email as soon as I find out how many cassettes I have. Thanks!

Advertisement