Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microchipping

• 31-08-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Im buying a dog from england.just waiting for it to be old enough to travel. The breeder has microchipped it for its pet passport, what must i do to reregister it to me and how do i register it with irish kennel club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

OP it depends on which database the breeder has registered the chip with. The breeder should be able to tell you. The microchip number will be on the pet passport, and you give this to the database, plus all your contact details. You will probably need to pay a fee to the microchip database to change the ownership details. It shouldn't be any more than €15, which is what IKC, FIDO and Animark charge here.

I would also then register the microchip with one of the Irish databases. I'd actually register with FIDO as they are the easiest for vets/pounds/rescues etc. to use when looking up a microchip number, which means your pet will get home faster than if your contact details are on the IKC database. If you do want to register the chip with the IKC I guess they will look for proof of pedigree. You could email and ask?

Advertisement