Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V Liverpool KO 13:30 SS1

1789101113»

Comments

3-0 FT

Easy enough

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who needs consistency eh Phil Dowd ya joker.

Should have been a penalty, but made no difference to the outcome anyhow.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

very happy with that. looked a lot better than we did at city

Happy No Glen Johnson Day everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Good win, a good watch. Makes up for the boring early game yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Great result Moreno and Sterling were excellent Balo had some very good play delighted:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Wish we could play spurs every week tbh :(

i bet ya wish dowd could ref ye ever week too:p

no heart ,fight, anger or pride in spurs today our own worse enemy at times:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Few dodgy moments aside, Liverpool were very impressive. Fair dues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Very happy with that.

Small moans with regards to the form of Gerrard, Sakho, Allen and ,to a lesser degree, Lovern.

But when you look at the excellent performances like those put in by Henderson, Sterling, Moreno, and Maquillo. Then look at the good to very good performances by Sturridge and the very promising stuff from Balotelli, Can, and Markovic, and it is becomes difficult not to feel like there is the guts of a very good starting XI and squad starting to come together.

Not to mention yet another important save by Mignolet that kept us ahead and prevented Spurs from getting a foothold back in the game when the score was only 1-0.

Plus it is a win against a direct rival for a top 4 slot, and against a team that did play well for the most part today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Our Year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Delighted to get the win going into the international break. Great performance, it was like watching the great teams of 2013/14 again

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The Mig wrote: »
    Our Year!

Multiple Migs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

3point lane again this season.

I like the way this team are developing.

Lovren very good bar diving into a few tackles too late but most were too far out to make any great difference.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Augmerson wrote: »
    Multiple Migs!
    On the phone in the dressing room bud

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

noodler wrote: »

SILENCE!

I KILL YOUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Delighted with that , a great team performance .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

V pleased with both fullback performances today for Liverpool. Moreno will take plaudits for a brilliant goal but Manquillo was very good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Redknapp summed up what i thought of spurs there he called them a "tippy tappy team". Easily outfought with no agression or purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

A reminder to everyone that Liverpool won't be going away.

rob316 wrote: »
    Redknapp summed up what i thought of spurs there he called them a "tippy tappy team". Easily outfought with no agression or purpose.

as bitter and biased the redknapp mafia are against us, that point is actually painfully spot on:(

Fescue wrote: »

"They haven't gone away you know"

• Advertisement

They were not easily outfought today. The third goal deflated them, but up until then they looked well capable of getting back into the game.

Think a quality finisher would make the world of difference to that team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kess73 wrote: »
    They were not easily outfought today. The third goal deflated them, but up until then they looked well capable of getting back into the game.

Kess if our centre backs werent so shaky they wouldnt have had a sniff, I can't remember many times they took the ball from the back and ran at our midfield and defence and created anything.

Spurs were lucky that could of been a whole lot uglier today, uglier than last season even. If Balotelli had a few games under his belt he wouldnt have missed those chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Agree with Kess - Spurs looked like they could get back into it until Moreno scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Kess73 wrote: »

Don't think too many other teams will get 3 points at WHL this season.

Kess if our centre backs werent so shaky they wouldnt have had a sniff, I can't remember many times they took the ball from the back and ran at our midfield and defence and created anything.

Spurs were lucky that could of been a whole lot uglier today, uglier than last season even. If Balotelli had a few games under his belt he wouldnt have missed those chances.

There were plenty of periods of pressure from Spurs during the first hour of the game and most of it came through our centre before being put out wide.

Yes Liverpool could have scored more, but think it is fair to say that Spurs playing as they did in that first hour would have had joy against most teams in the league.

What stood out for me when compared to the two games against them last season was how hard Spurs seemed to work at applying pressure when on and off the ball. They also look like they are becoming a much more organised team.

Today's win was a good one for Liverpool because it was against a team that I think will beat a lot of teams this season, and obviously because it was against a direct rival.

Still think a quality striker or two is what that Spurs team was missing today. They had no problems with their build up play and in their ability to apply pressure today, and I think that most teams would lose a bit of something after going three goals down to a Liverpool team that was attacking and playing well.

Would be no more disheartened by that Spurs performance today if I were a Spurs supporter than I was by our own loss to Man City last Monday night. We came up against a team that was that bit better than us last Monday and we shipped three goals despite doing well enough for the first 45 to 60 mins. Pretty much the same thing happened to Spurs today.

djPSB wrote: »
    Don't think too many other teams will get 3 points at WHL this season.

Reckon it was actually a good time to play them, as despite all our new players we have a fairly settled style of play under Rodgers, whereas Spurs are still adapting to what their new manager wants.

Am happy that we caught them for three points early in the season, and that our other rivals for a top 4 place will be going to White Hart Lane when Spurs will hopefully have had a bit more time to settle more into how Pochettino wants them to play.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Fescue wrote: »

The only people who think Liverpool are going away are Liverpool "supporters".

Struth.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The only people who think Liverpool are going away are Liverpool "supporters".

Struth.

Are you saying it's impossible to support your team and think they won't be successful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Spurs were absolute shite today.

Adebayor was their only threat in the whole game.

Vertonghen needs someone other than Kaboul beside him.

I actually though Lloris could have done better with for Sterlings goal.

Steven Gerrard had an atrocious game and the Tottenham midfield didn't have the ability or the hunger to punish him.

Liverpool were there for the taking today with Lovern making air tackle after air tackle, an entire back four thats never played together and Gerrard having his worst game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Spurs were absolute shite today.

Adebayor was their only threat in the whole game.

Vertonghen needs someone other than Kaboul beside him.

I actually though Lloris could have done better with for Sterlings goal.

Steven Gerrard had an atrocious game and the Tottenham midfield didn't have the ability or the hunger to punish him.

Liverpool were there for the taking today with Lovern making air tackle after air tackle, an entire back four thats never played together and Gerrard having his worst game ever.

Were you in the Jacks for the three or four interceptions that Gerrard made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Were you in the Jacks for the three or four interceptions that Gerrard made?

Nope, just like i wasn't in the jacks when he gave away the ball time after time. He was useless today and other players would have been ripped apart by observers of the game if they'd played like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Spurs haven't conceeded a goal yet this season.

14 thanks for this, I take it none of you have actually watched any spurs games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Oranage2 wrote: »
    14 thanks for this, I take it none of you have actually watched any spurs games.

We watched today. Liverpool won 3-0. Did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Today represents progress for Tottenham hotspur.

Last 3 results vs Liverpool:
    5-0

4-0

3-0

So all in all not a bad result for Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Today represents progress for Tottenham hotspur.

Last 3 results vs Liverpool:
    5-0

4-0

3-0

So all in all not a bad result for Spurs.

You must be gutted, b2b, given your history of rooting for Spurs against us :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Does this mean it's going to be Liverpool's year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

We haven't had a Moreno v Shaw debate in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Knex. wrote: »
    You must be gutted, b2b, given your history of rooting for Spurs against us :pac:

Pool vs Spurs is a win win for me knex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We haven't had a Moreno v Shaw debate in a while.

I've a feeling there won't actually be one, Shaw's got to lose about 3 stone or summat before he can play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Oranage2 wrote: »

But it was not true they may have not conceded in premier league but the did in the Europa league

• Advertisement

But it was not true they may have not conceded in premier league but the did in the Europa league

yes up til today we had played 4 games 2el ,2pl and had conceded 1 goal in the away leg of our el qualifier . which we came from behind to win 2-1.;)

showed no desire today and as much as i hated redknapp if he was in charge we kept fighting and gotten a goal or 2 back and had some pride in the display

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I enjoyed watching us make a show of Spurs again, but we really should have pushed harder for more goals when they had given up all hope. At least Moreno saw the slump and walked one in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

davycc wrote: »
    yes up til today we had played 4 games 2el ,2pl and had conceded 1 goal in the away leg of our el qualifier . which we came from behind to win 2-1.;)

showed no desire today and as much as i hated redknapp if he was in charge we kept fighting and gotten a goal or 2 back and had some pride in the display

Why did you hate Redknapp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I've a feeling there won't actually be one, Shaw's got to lose about 3 stone or summat before he can play.

lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement