Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Bras.

Options
  • 31-08-2014 6:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Can anyone please suggest the best place to be fitted? And where might have the best stock? And when to get measured? Not a huge fan of M&S! Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i found Debenhams great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

I prefer m&s but it does depend on who you get IMO
    I think it's pointless before 36 weeks but the longer u leave it the better as your boobs do change a lot in the last few weeks. Also, if practical I'd get just 2/3 now and a month or so into feeding get remeasured and stick up then
    I was measured a week before having my third and fit was fine for the first couple of weeks but I noticed when full then I needed another cup size up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Change is probably the best place .

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

I got mine in Mothercare, the bras were grand and the staff were very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I've tried a lot of brands (currently bfing my fourth- fed the other three to around a year) and for longevity, quality and style you cannot beat Cake. It's an Australian label, make lovely stuff- the only ones that have lasted. All the others- M&S, dunnes, topshop, mothercare, Elle mc Phearson, lost shape and elasticity after one or two babies. They get a lot of wear and tear as you are always opening and closing the cups to feed. I got mine at Cup Cakes Lingerie in Ranelagh. It's gone now but I thought I saw it reopened somewhere off Grafton Street. They did a really thorough fitting and were generally lovely. Hot Milk are pretty good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Boob fast food bras are fantastic. The sizes are S, M, L. I bought two L after my daughter was born, two M when she was around 5 months and two S when she was around 8 months. They're feminine but also really comfortable.

M&S are horrible and the staff measured me wrong almost every time. I bought some hot milk ones which were lovely but then my size would change and I needed to buy more. Somehow the Boob ones fit perfectly without having to be measured. Even though they're expensive I'd say I saved money because I only bought 6 bras in 12 months.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I found the mother care ones the worst and the M and S ones OK but the Change one was brilliant and underwired :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Mothercare sizes are ridiculous. They 'measured me' and when I got home I realised they wouldn't have fitted me when I was 13 never mind postpartum!

For smaller busts the elastic bra tops are supposed to be brilliant .

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Moonbeam wrote: »
    For smaller busts the elastic bra tops are supposed to be brilliant .

I wish they were smaller, currently a 38DD!!

Thanks for all the suggestions, will check them out in a couple of weeks when I start M/L..

• Advertisement

Anita brand are supposed tobe good too. They are switching from the normal sizes to a small/medium/large etc .they come under wired too which can be a help for those that need the support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I thought nursing bras weren't meant to be underwired as they can cause blocked ducts etc?

Just looking at the brand I'm wearing now called "Anita"... They are fab! Give great support. But very expensive.

I didn't think they were under wired either - think they use a different kind of wire? Yeah they are expensive but with a larger bust I'm used to paying extra for decent bras anyway :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I didn't think they were under wired either - think they use a different kind of wire? Yeah they are expensive but with a larger bust I'm used to paying extra for decent bras anyway :-(

Lol... Yea same as that. Penny's is just a no go area for me. I'm slim with big boobs so im lucky if I get away with €50 per bra... It's usually more! Anyways these Anita ones I have we're I think €70-€80. I only bought 2 but they've lasted me for 6 months breastfeeding and I can see them lasting for another baby or 2 (if we are lucky :)). The last ones I bought for my last baby are all
    Stretched and wouldn't support me at all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Try http://www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk/ - I got tired of trying to find a bra that fits and I got a couple of Bravado bras from here. They come in S/M/L etc instead of bra and cup sizes and stretch to give a bit of flexibility. Very comfy, delivery takes 4/5 days :)

Advertisement