Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carribean Restaurants in Dublin

Options
  • 31-08-2014 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

any Carribbean restaurants in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from old Jamaican food thread in F&D.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I think a good place to try would be the little mall on Moore St, you go down to the basement and there are about five places there at a food court. I have a feeling one may be Caribbean.

If you find one please do tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

One of the places in the Moore Street Food court is Martinique. Its pretty good compared to what's there. But it is what it is, an all you can eat for about 7 euro so the quality of the pre made dishes is only so good.

I think they do stuff to order also, though I have not tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

IMO the absence of Carribbean restaurants in Dublin is unfortunate. Hard to believe it hasn't taken off. I've never been to the Carribbean and only tasted the cuisine for the first time, two years ago, when I moved to the Canary Islands of all places! Have a lovely cafe nearby run by a "Soul Food Man". While Jerk chicken is perhaps the best known, I'm a big fan of Goat curry and the traditional Jamaican curry with chicken. Rice and peas made in coconut milk makes a delicious companion to it. And don't forget the Johnny Cakes...mmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

There is a place on Parnel St just before Gardiner St on the left it looks Like one to me Papa something or Bigs place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement