Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erik Dier

Options
  • 31-08-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd start a thread for our new English central defender. This lad kind of came out of nowhere for me. Instantly worth the 4 million paid for him. Fantastic bargain.

Anyway..
    Eric Dier is the first defender in Premier League history to score in his first two appearances.

Great he's scoring, even better if he can be a rock at the back.

Lets hope he is capable of replacing Dawson as our new resident English centre half. Maybe go even one better and replace The King.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Penalty a side I thought he was decent enough today. Well as decent as any defender who conceded 3 goals can be I suppose.

Cracking tackle against Boletelli in the first " welcome back to the epl" as the commentator said. The fans in the ground where eating it up. Looks like he could be the new fan favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

He was poor today I felt. Shocking for the first goal. I would the pen down to inexperience and hope it won't happen again. Defining moment of the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

First goal was caused by Kaboul playing Henderson onside and then failing to deal with an ordinary cross from it.

Think Dier should play at CB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Dier was ball watching badly. Kaboul even pointed for him to watch Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Everyone was ball watching. Seeing Rose jog back, oblivious to what was going on around him really pissed me off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement