Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted dog theft Limerick

• 31-08-2014 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I just read a post by a mod in the Limerick forum. Apparently they found a guy trying to break in the side gate of their house where their 2 dogs were. The guy then pretended that he wanted to buy them etc. It was near the Ballysimon roundabout. Just thought I'd post here so any dog owners in the Limerick area might see it.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I just read a post by a mod in the Limerick forum. Apparently they found a guy trying to break in the side gate of their house where their 2 dogs were. The guy then pretended that he wanted to buy them etc. It was near the Ballysimon roundabout. Just thought I'd post here so any dog owners in the Limerick area might see it.

Saw that just now, scary stuff alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I had a rather traumatic weekend myself. A burglar stole my daughters ipad & my laptop, bank cards etc. My dogs alerted me & one is still traumatised.

Thank god they were safe in their crates or they may have been killed to shut them up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Knine wrote: »
    I had a rather traumatic weekend myself. A burglar stole my daughters ipad & my laptop, bank cards etc. My dogs alerted me & one is still traumatised.

Thank god they were safe in their crates or they may have been killed to shut them up.

I saw you'd posted elsewhere about this knine :(
    What a horrible experience. Bastards. I hope you're okay, it's just horrible to have your home and castle invaded like that.
    My car was broken into on Thurs while I was on the beach walking the dogs, they sliced the electric cables going to the driver's door to disable the central locking.
    They took nothing (not much to take :o) but have left me with a bill to repair it. Thinking of the slithery little scuzzers in my car is bad enough.... The thought of them in my house makes me shudder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

DBB wrote: »
    What a horrible experience. Bastards. I hope you're okay, it's just horrible to have your home and castle invaded like that.
    My car was broken into on Thurs while I was on the beach walking the dogs, they sliced the electric cables going to the driver's door to disable the central locking.
    They took nothing (not much to take :o) but have left me with a bill to repair it. Thinking of the slithery little scuzzers in my car is bad enough.... The thought of them in my house makes me shudder.

Knine, that's a horrible experience, it happened to my sister a few years ago, she's always so much more wary now. DBB, we were at the beach on Thurs and my friend was going to leave her raincoat in the van but I told her to take it with her, I've always been really wary since my car was broken into in the same place. And then when we walked a bit down towards the beach there was a pile of glass from a car window on the ground from a recent enough robbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

DBB wrote: »

Poor little L saw them take her ipad. I starting to disinfect now. I actually ignored the barking dogs. Kinda glad I did though. Inagine walking into them doing their dirty deeds.

However there is some fantastic people in this world & I have seen such kindness this weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement