Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester vs Arsenal (KO 16:00)

• 31-08-2014 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭

lei-ars-4-3280-1649270.jpg

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
    • Arsene Wenger has never lost a Premier League game against Leicester. However, he was in charge when the Gunners exited in the FA Cup fourth round in 2000 after a penalty shoot-out defeat to the Foxes.
    • Leicester have won just one of 16 Premier League games against Arsenal (W1, D5, L10). Their sole victory was 2-1 at Filbert Street on 23 November 1994.
    • Arsenal's last match against Leicester was their 38th and final game of the 2003-04 league season, when the Gunners' "Invincibles" ended the campaign unbeaten.
    Leicester City
    • The Foxes have won just one of their last 14 Premier League home games (D9, L4) - a 3-1 victory against Portsmouth on 8 May 2004.
    • However, Leicester had the best home record in the Championship last season, winning 17 of their 23 fixtures and only losing twice. They also averaged two goals per game at the King Power Stadium.
    • They have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 top-flight fixtures.
    • Kasper Schmeichel made eight saves against Chelsea, more than any player in a Premier League game this season (prior to this weekend).
    Arsenal
    • In each of Arsenal's two Premier League games this season their opponents have scored with their first shot on target.
    • Last weekend's 2-2 draw at Everton was the first time Arsenal have hit back from two goals down to claim a point away from home since doing likewise at West Brom in March 2011.
    • The draw at Goodison Park ended Arsenal's run of six successive Premier League wins.
    • Aaron Ramsey has netted in four of his last five Premier League games for Arsenal.

Line Ups:

Leicester City: Schmeichel, De Laet, Morgan, Moore, Konchesky, Mahrez, King, Hammond, Schlupp, Nugent, Ulloa

Subs: Hamer, Drinkwater, Vardy, Albrighton, Cambiasso, Wasilewski, Wood

Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Sanogo

Subs: Martinez, Chambers, Rosicky, Campbell, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski

Going for a 2-1 away win. Hoping for a performance to build on mid weeks European qualification.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Would like to see Sanogo start with Alexis in close position! 1-4 (hopefully!) :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Reckon it will be Alexis up top. Want too see Ozil in the middle but he'll most likely be started out on the left again. Hard to know which of Wilshire, Ox or Cazorla will make way for Ramsey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Reckon it will be Alexis up top. Want too see Ozil in the middle but he'll most likely be started out on the left again. Hard to know which of Wilshire, Ox or Cazorla will make way for Ramsey.

It's a tough one isn't it - our best performance was mid week I thought for this season so I would be tempted not to change it.

But then you have to start Ramsey, too influential to leave out. I say Cazorla will be left out even though he was brilliant in the last 20 minutes of the game mid week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Although I'd love to see Özil starting in the middle, I think this will be closer to the actual lineup.

Alexis
    Özil
    Ramsey
    Santi
    Wilshere---Flamini
    Monreal---Kos---Per---Debuchy

Either that, or we'll play a 4-1-4-1 with Flamini in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I see this being a really tight game, we are still finding form hoping for a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

3-0 Arsenal, no excuses, good performance mid-week finding our feet, quality is there, no need to struggle against Leicester, can see Wenger playing with a pacey team and Ozil/Carzola opening up the foxes. Clean sheet is a must and an early goal would mean a comfortable win.

3-0 Arsenal, no excuses, good performance mid-week finding our feet, quality is there, no need to struggle against Leicester, can see Wenger playing with a pacey team and Ozil/Carzola opening up the foxes. Clean sheet is a must and an early goal would mean a comfortable win.
    I'd normally agree but mid week would have taken a lot out of the team plus Leicester have been giving it a good go.

I hope it's as easy as you hope

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Team to play Leicester City: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Sanogo

Subs: Martinez, Chambers, Rosicky, Campbell, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sky saying Ozil is on the left.
    Sigh. What a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sky saying Ozil is on the left.
    Sigh. What a waste.

Sky know no more about where he'll play than my dog.

• Advertisement

Wilshere/Ramsey experiment over for now? Interesting to see how Ramsey will play away from Wilshere today.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Wilshere/Ramsey experiment over for now? Interesting to see how Ramsey will play away from Wilshere today.

I'd say it's a rest after mid week

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'd say it's a rest after mid week

Yeah probable. Personally I don't think they have played well together so far this season so it'll be nice to see with Ramsey occupying the space by himself rather than sharing with Wilshere what he will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cazorla left Ozil central and Sanchez on the right.

I really hope Sanogo comes good and turns out to be another Anelka cos otherwise AW is leaving himself up there to be shot at if we don't sign a striker.

Sanogo will link better with Alexis than Giroud did. Fancy he'll get his first premier league goal today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

fearrua wrote: »
    Team to play Leicester City: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Sanogo

That impact substitution bench :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Why play sanogo when podolski is on the bench?

id deff give him a run up front on hes own, mans clinical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

D_turbo wrote: »

Said this in the Arsenal thread - there's probably no better finisher in the league, but his movement and holdup play are awful, he can't be up there on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Sanogo :( really haven't taking a liking to this guy, very wasteful. Interesting to see Wilshere and Ox on bench, our bench looks great tho, can't wait to see Rosicky back in action still my fav player.

Sanogo should have been watching this last night for inspiration!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Ozil or Santi on the wing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

jonny666 wrote: »
    Ozil or Santi on the wing?

Ozil I would bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sanogo bothers centre-backs much more than Podolski can.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Said this in the Arsenal thread - there's probably no better finisher in the league, but his movement and holdup play are awful, he can't be up there on his own.

Surely better then sanogo doh? He doesnt even have the finshing criteria from what hes shown

Surely better then sanogo doh? He doesnt even have the finshing criteria from what hes shown

He needs a chance to show it. Maybe today will show something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

David Nugent with 10 goals to save my fantasy football week. Is that too much to ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Nigel Pearson is tactically naive, could be badly exposed today.

Debuchy in for a rough ride already. Possibly Leicester been watching tape of him in Champions League during the week and hoping to get a rise out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Great touch there Sanogo

• Advertisement

Ozil and Ramsey interchanging in positions.

Good to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Come on Arsenal! Hopefully a decent match thread too

David Pleat is co commentator on my stream. If you thought Niall Quinn was bad.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That_Guy wrote: »
    David Pleat is co commentator on my stream. If you thought Niall Quinn was bad.....

Absolute worst, I had to find another one

That_Guy wrote: »

Quinn was hurtful earlier. I suppose you have to admire his consistency.

Awful pun by Tyler- Escape to Victory and his was wrong about the reason for change strip- the shorts were the same colour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Chambers.

All so slow and ponderous, devoid of ideas it would seem. Hope Kos is ok

Disaster if Kos is out.

Kos is the rock- without which we'd perish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hope Kos is ok.
    Scrappy game so far.

• Advertisement

Is he off? Didn't see Chambers come on.

Think they're working on his head

Nice idea by Ozil over the top for Sanogo.

Lol Kos with his swim cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So Wenger signed Eminem to play CB :pac:

HazDanz wrote: »
    Nice idea by Ozil over the top for Sanogo.

Lol Kos with his swim cap!

Take on phelps in the Olympics

Yes!! Great stuff!!!

Get in Sanchez

Sanchez!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

ALEXISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Great poachers goal