Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Shops in North East (need sticky rice)

• 31-08-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭

Just moved to Athboy and looking to get some sticky rice (calories rice). Had previously lived in Dublin and got all out Chinese ingredients in Parnell St but it's a long trek in there now. I know there's an oriental store in Navan near Aldi/GAA pitch but it doesn't have sticky rice. Any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

There is a shop on Brews Hill just down from the car park that is between Aldi & O'Flaherty's pub. It's more of a Middle Eastern shop but they do have big bags of Jasmine rice. They also do a reasonable selection of spices & a small Chinese section with bottles of Soy sauce etc. Not the cheapest for the rice but I suppose if you calculate in the cost of driving to Dublin, parking etc.....

I usually go to the Chinese shop in Drogheda if I'm stuck but then again I live closer to there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Got it. Didn't think they had it there but they did. €11.99 for 5kg which seems a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I think I paid €17 for a 10kg bag in Drogheda. I know I usually pay around €12-€15 in Parnell St, depending on the type of Rice I get (broken or whole). I know I definitely pad €25 for a 20kg bag of broken in Aisa Market on Drury St.

Advertisement