Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hailo in Birmingham Airport

Options
  • 31-08-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Has anyone used Hailo or Uber in Birmingham airport?
    I want to be able to pay by credit card but even though the taxi says they take them they nearly always pitch a fit when you don't pay cash.
    Hailo solves this problem but their website doesn't show where it works any help one this would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

mrbig wrote: »
    Has anyone used Hailo or Uber in Birmingham airport?
    I want to be able to pay by credit card but even though the taxi says they take them they nearly always pitch a fit when you don't pay cash.
    Hailo solves this problem but their website doesn't show where it works any help one this would be appreciated. :)

Hailo. Birmingham not an option.

Uber. Birmingham not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

Hailo. Birmingham not an option.

Uber. Birmingham not an option.

Thanks KillBill will have to get some cash :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Why not ring a local hackney company, get met in arrivals and tell them when booking that you'll be paying with a CC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

Agree with the hackney co. Got a hackney on Bristol recently and paid by paypal in advance.

There must be a similar service there. They also took credit cards and met me at arrivals and brought me to the car.

coylemj wrote: »
    Why not ring a local hackney company, get met in arrivals and tell them when booking that you'll be paying with a CC?

That could work, but wouldn't be as convenient as Hailo , the guy has either to wait for you or you wait for him, the taxi rank outside the front door has taxis that say they take Visa but there is always a problem, the Hailo is great in Dublin I call for one when I get to passport control and he is pulling up as I get to the front of the car park , no cash and I get a receipt by email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

THe hackney company I used had my flight number and was tracking it on line. He was there within a couple of minutes of my arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Just explain to the driver in the normal taxi queue that you can only pay by CC before you get into the car, and let them pitch their fit there in public, rather than at your destination?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

mrbig wrote: »
    That could work, but wouldn't be as convenient as Hailo , the guy has either to wait for you or you wait for him, the taxi rank outside the front door has taxis that say they take Visa but there is always a problem, the Hailo is great in Dublin I call for one when I get to passport control and he is pulling up as I get to the front of the car park , no cash and I get a receipt by email.

What was the purpose of that post? We know that you can't get Hailo in BHX and are trying to give you alternatives yet all you can do is come back with another whinge about not being able to use Hailo.

Good luck.

coylemj wrote: »
    What was the purpose of that post? We know that you can't get Hailo in BHX and are trying to give you alternatives yet all you can do is come back with another whinge about not being able to use Hailo.

Good luck.

Actually I only asked if Hailo worked and didn't ask for any suggestions about hackneys so if you feel I am not grateful for your unsolicited advice it is because it isn't very helpful, I don't want to use a hackney , thank you for your suggestion.

Advertisement