Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

18Bet

• 31-08-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I have a query relating to this shower.

I deposited €25 and opted for the 100% bonus of €25. So I have €50 to bet with. Checked my bonus and the total outlay must be €300 in order for the withdrawal to be made.

So off I go and placed my first bet on over 1 goal FH in the Everton/Chelsea game which comes in.

I went to live help to query why the rollover was still at €300 and nothing had been taken off, and was told that €12.50 max goes towards the rollover which I wasn't happy with so with my balance at €240 I requested to opt out as it would take too long to reach rollover €300 with 12.50 going towards it. They said my balance would reset to €25 if I did so i continued with it.

Anyway to cut to the chase i got my balance up to €312 and suddenly my account is suspended.

Get into live chat and ask them why, their response is that I placed an ineligible bet (over under/handicap) which is bonus manipulation. This is in their terms of the bonus but I didn't read them.

I then login to see my balance reset to €25! I emailed them and awaiting a reply. I have requested 2 chat sessions to be emailed to me and nothing yet. The first person I was talking to said nothing about the bets I was doing and didn't suspend my account I continued betting on over under.

Surely they can't wait until I get to €300+ then suspend and reset it? Yes I know I didn't read the terms but I hardly expected over/under bet to be ineligible.

Do I have a case?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

paulb06 wrote: »
    I have a query relating to this shower.

I deposited €25 and opted for the 100% bonus of €25. So I have €50 to bet with. Checked my bonus and the total outlay must be €300 in order for the withdrawal to be made.

So off I go and placed my first bet on over 1 goal FH in the Everton/Chelsea game which comes in.

I went to live help to query why the rollover was still at €300 and nothing had been taken off, and was told that €12.50 max goes towards the rollover which I wasn't happy with so with my balance at €240 I requested to opt out as it would take too long to reach rollover €300 with 12.50 going towards it. They said my balance would reset to €25 if I did so i continued with it.

Anyway to cut to the chase i got my balance up to €312 and suddenly my account is suspended.

Get into live chat and ask them why, their response is that I placed an ineligible bet (over under/handicap) which is bonus manipulation. This is in their terms of the bonus but I didn't read them.

I then login to see my balance reset to €25! I emailed them and awaiting a reply. I have requested 2 chat sessions to be emailed to me and nothing yet. The first person I was talking to said nothing about the bets I was doing and didn't suspend my account I continued betting on over under.

Surely they can't wait until I get to €300+ then suspend and reset it? Yes I know I didn't read the terms but I hardly expected over/under bet to be ineligible.

Do I have a case?

8. Any bets placed on any type of Handicap (except 3 Way Handicap) or Over/Under bet will not count towards the rollover requirement. Customers with an active bonus ARE NOT ALLOWED to place bets with ineligible bet types (such as Asian Handicap, over/ under, etc.), neither with real balance nor with virtual one. Bets placed on ineligible bet types will be considered bonus manipulation. 18bet reserves the right to cancel those bets and any winnings generated from them, and/or to reclaim all bonus and winnings money accumulated by a manipulative customer at any time and at our sole and absolute discretion .

You have no case because you didn't read the terms .they may be poor terms but the book is covered because you ticked a box when you signed up saying you agree to them.

It's almost impossible to challenge any of these bookies that confiscate money by going to the regulator or court . Mostly the regulator just agrees with the bookmaker . Every year I have had confiscations for over 10k it's cost of doing business , only once ever have I bad money reinstated after an out of court settlement with a bookmaker.

Try read the terms clearly or just stick with mainstream bookies that are on oddschecker

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Yes but my question to them also was that if I placed that bet on under 1 goal in the Chelsea game instead and it lost, would they reset my balance as the bet was an inelgible one? Bloody sure they woudn't.

I 100% agree its my fault but from a company who says they 'value our customers feedback' I thought they would at least take my case into consideration and realise that it was a genuine mistake and I clearly didnt know and maybe come to some sort of agreement but nothing!

They are not going to build a reputation if they go on like that. Anyway lesson learned , on the principal of things I havent placed any bet since and god knows how long it's going to take to be eligble to withdraw my initial €25. :confused::rolleyes:

Also why on earth are they allowing me to place these inelgible bets if they are not allowed as per the rules? Surely they shiuld just not let the systme allow me to place them. It's pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As clickerquicklic said, stick to "main street" bookies.
    Most bookies stop people abusing the bonus by sticking in off the wall T&C's.
    The rollover is normally around 3 times the bonus & the stake so for a bonus of €25 it's €300 and €200 it's €1,200.
    Not easy to do but that's how they get you.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    As clickerquicklic said, stick to "main street" bookies.
    Most bookies stop people abusing the bonus by sticking in off the wall T&C's.
    The rollover is normally around 3 times the bonus & the stake so for a bonus of €25 it's €300 and €200 it's €1,200.
    Not easy to do but that's how they get you.

I will do in future, yeah in my case it was €300 rollover and the max that can go towards the rollover in any bet regardless of the amount was €12.50 (50% of the deposit bonus) which meant I had to place 24 (ELIGIBLE!) bets of at least €12.50 to reach my rollover which is ridiculous.

I would have been better just starting with €25 and no bonus if I had've known the hassle this would have caused.

They said if I opted out of the bonus promotion (this was before the balance reset) that I would go back to €25 anyway as the bonus 'contributed towards the profit I had made' but I also explained that so did my own €25 deposit but they were having none of it. I dread to see what procedures I have to go through to get my €25 deposit back.

Steer clear of 18Bet to anyone reading this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

paulb06 wrote: »
    I will do in future, yeah in my case it was €300 rollover and the max that can go towards the rollover in any bet regardless of the amount was €12.50 (50% of the deposit bonus) which meant I had to place 24 (ELIGIBLE!) bets of at least €12.50 to reach my rollover which is ridiculous.

I would have been better just starting with €25 and no bonus if I had've known the hassle this would have caused.

They said if I opted out of the bonus promotion (this was before the balance reset) that I would go back to €25 anyway as the bonus 'contributed towards the profit I had made' but I also explained that so did my own €25 deposit but they were having none of it. I dread to see what procedures I have to go through to get my €25 deposit back.

Steer clear of 18Bet to anyone reading this!

I withdrew 4k from these the amount of hoops I had to jump through was ridiculous sent all ID and they asked for more , bank statements utility bill , passport , passport next to face then I had to wait for a phone call from them and was quizzed on the phone think they where looking for anything any reason not to pay but they paid in be end took about a month .

• Advertisement

I withdrew 4k from these the amount of hoops I had to jump through was ridiculous sent all ID and they asked for more , bank statements utility bill , passport , passport next to face then I had to wait for a phone call from them and was quizzed on the phone think they where looking for anything any reason not to pay but they paid in be end took about a month .

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they are like that.

I'm waiting on a reply 2 days now to see if they will come to some sort of resolution with me. Live chat keep telling me that I'll receive an email soon.

This was their reply to a previous email when i threatened to take it further if they didn't credit me back the money I had won:

"Pease know that we have all the proof and resources to easily back up our decisions and rules, so take this under consideration before you take any negative actions"

They have everything covered. From a customer service point of view I would have at least expected them to offer me something with the threat of losing a customer but nothing yet!

Passport next to face haha that's mental!

Advertisement