Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madonna.

• 31-08-2014 2:05pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

I've always wondered why so many people express admiration for her.I can give or take her music really I like some of it but its the fact that she comes across as such a horrible person.Her rudeness,excessive diva like demands,bullying behaviour make me wonder why she commands such adoration in so many people.The business with her adoption of the African baby seems to have turned quite a few people off her allright though. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

I agree, she comes across as utterly awful, but gawd, some of her 80s stuff is great.

My main problem with her is that she comes across as utterly, utterly humourless. No warmth there at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

One of the reasons shes been so successfull is she is utterly ruthless.She will use people and discard them when theyre of no further use.And her constant championing of trends and issues of the month(a few years ago it was crunking and more recently Pussy Riot) shows shes probably constantly in fear that she'll appear as outdated or irrelevant as she gets older.I'd agree with the op that shes probably a pretty horrible person and I'd say she'd be a nightmare to work for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

No talent to speak of really but totally ruthless merciless and shameless. Also prepared to work like a navvy day in night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Damp squib of a woman, wouldn't want to be anywhere near her. Very little talent but willing to do what it takes, whatever it takes.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

And lets nots forget that Kabbalah baloney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

And lets nots forget that Kabbalah baloney.

Loads of them into that craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Is she any more diva-ish than the likes of Prince? A man who orders his lawyers to track down and get rid of any examples of his music that find their way onto Youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

porsche959 wrote: »
    Is she any more diva-ish than the likes of Prince? A man who orders his lawyers to track down and get rid of any examples of his music that find their way onto Youtube.

Yes but Prince is a gifted pioneering one of a kind never to be repeatedGod given entertainment icon breathtaking musical genius. Madonna is none of these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Not particularly talented, but a knack for picking a great tune, particularly during the 80s. Perhaps crucially though, she's a smart business woman who knew exactly how to turn controversy into a brand. She's the reason people like Miley Cyrus carry on the way they do, they all want to be the next Madonna and make money off being a polarizing and shocking pop star, except it's not all that shocking any more.

Advertisement