If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG UE48H6400 ?

Options
  • 31-08-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi . I'm looking at getting this tv .  Can you beat the price as listed from CPI ,the price includes delivery to Dublin at €651.40 all inc.

Thanks.

http://www.computerpartsireland.com/products/SAMSUNG-UE48H6400-%252d-48-%252d-6-Series-3D-LED-TV-%252d-Smart-TV.html
    Jonerkinsella,

Unfortunately not in this instance - this 48H6400 that is listed by CPI isn't the same model that we sell - if you look carefully at the CPI listing it does state that its an imported model ( this is a mid European product) and it doesn't have a DVB T2 tuner on board. ( their description does also say that this TV is an imported item and provides a link to explain what this means for UK / IRL residents, but unfortunately the link does not work!)

The best price we can currently offer on the UE48H6400 is £599.95 / €759.99..

Thanks again for the post - its not often that we don't do a price-beat!

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Thanks for the reply John.

No worries . I'le get the tv from Cpi . 

I miss the Dublin RS store...I used to spend hrs in there ;)

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Are CPI good to deal with ? Never heard of them , just wondering if you have had any dealings with them as their prices seem pretty good. Have been looking at ibood for something suitable to come along , but this could be an alternative.
    Cheers.

cathalj wrote: »
    Originally posted by jonerkinsella

Are CPI good to deal with ? Never heard of them , just wondering if you have had any dealings with them as their prices seem pretty good. Have been looking at ibood for something suitable to come along , but this could be an alternative.
    Cheers.
    To be honest we are probably not the people to ask - this is a commercial forum for Richer Sounds and we also sell electrical kit so I'd guess that CPI are a competitor - their TV listings appear amazingly like Pixmania and many of the TV's are imported and are not Irish/UK spec - most of their TV specs do say that ' this is an imported item' and give a link to 'learn more' about this - unfortunately the link doesn't work!

There is an address on the site as 'Portlaoise, Co.Laois - their is a phone number and an answering machine where you can leave a message and it says that they are under new management since May 2014.

To be fair to them in their returns policy they do say that 'Every product you buy from Computerpartsireland.com is backed first by the product manufacturer's or supplier’s warranty. Computerpartsireland.com's 30 day limited guarantee may also apply.'

I've no personal experience of them and maybe if you are looking for advice on something you want to purchase from them you could give them a call directly of pop a post up elsewhere on Boards.[/font][/size]

If you are chasing a quote on anything that we stock as well - do give us a shot, its unlikely, but if we are more expensive we will happily price beat any cheaper price..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John , was thinking of a 46" smart tv ... looking for one with Netflix app , and a decent web browser ... obviously picture quality is important, but I'm not too bothered about 3D. Anything in stock that's good value at the moment ?
    Regards.

• Advertisement

Hi . I'm looking at getting this tv .  Can you beat the price as listed from CPI ,the price includes delivery to Dublin at €651.40 all inc.

Thanks.

http://www.computerpartsireland.com/products/SAMSUNG-UE48H6400-%252d-48-%252d-6-Series-3D-LED-TV-%252d-Smart-TV.html
    Jonerkinsella,

Unfortunately not in this instance - this 48H6400 that is listed by CPI isn't the same model that we sell - if you look carefully at the CPI listing it does state that its an imported model ( this is a mid European product) and it doesn't have a DVB T2 tuner on board. ( their description does also say that this TV is an imported item and provides a link to explain what this means for UK / IRL residents, but unfortunately the link does not work!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  
    Hi John Mc ,
    I see that this model is now on sale on Amazon for £548 (fulfilled by amazon prime with free delivery).
    Could you match this , or is £599.95 still the best you can do ?
    Also, does your price include delivery?
    Regards,
    Cathalj

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks.

Jonerkinsella,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  
    Hi John Mc ,
    I see that this model is now on sale on Amazon for £548 (fulfilled by amazon prime with free delivery).
    Could you match this , or is £599.95 still the best you can do ?
    Also, does your price include delivery?
    Regards,
    Cathalj
    Hi Cathal,

Thanks for getting in touch.

For us to price beat it would need to be a like for like deal.  As Amazon are not offering a 5 year guarantee we'll not be able to beat that price.

The extra few quid is well worth it for our 5 year guarantee, it covers your TV against any fault it may develop for 5 years.  Any screen 39" and above we'll have an engineer come out to your house so no need to worry about having to cart the TV around anywhere.

Chris

For us to price beat it would need to be a like for like deal.  As Amazon are not offering a 5 year guarantee we'll not be able to beat that price.

The extra few quid is well worth it for our 5 year guarantee, it covers your TV against any fault it may develop for 5 years.  Any screen 39" and above we'll have an engineer come out to your house so no need to worry about having to cart the TV around anywhere.

Chris

Hi Chris ,
    Thanks for the reply. Thats a fair enough point about the guarantee I guess. So to clarify , is £599.95 still your best price - on Richersounds.com its showing up as £650 odd now ? Also does this include delivery (to Kildare) ?
    Cheers
    Cathalj

Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Chris

Hi Chris ,
    Thanks for the reply. Thats a fair enough point about the guarantee I guess. So to clarify , is £599.95 still your best price - on Richersounds.com its showing up as £650 odd now ? Also does this include delivery (to Kildare) ?
    Cheers
    Cathalj
    Hi Cathal,

Thanks for getting back to me.  

Unfortunately the price has gone up :(  But what we can do for you is offer the TV at £625.00 with delivery at £29.95.  This still includes your 5 year guarantee :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Chris,
    Im thinking its a bit steep when you take into account the delivery.
    Can I ask you for your verdict on these ones:-
    1. Samsung 46H6203 @ £500
    2. Samsung 46F6320 @ £580
    3. Panasonic TLX47ET60B @ £550
    4. LG 47LB650V @ £600
    Numbers 2&3 above are in selected stores, so dunno if you can supply them or not ?.
    My main priorities would be picture quality, sound quality, Netflix App and ability to watch movies from usb stick, casting  etc. , ease and speed of web browsing.
    Don't really think 3D is really that vital to me.
    Thanks for any help/advice.
    Cathalj

• Advertisement

Hi Chris,
    Im thinking its a bit steep when you take into account the delivery.
    Can I ask you for your verdict on these ones:-
    1. Samsung 46H6203 @ £500
    2. Samsung 46F6320 @ £580
    3. Panasonic TLX47ET60B @ £550
    4. LG 47LB650V @ £600
    Numbers 2&3 above are in selected stores, so dunno if you can supply them or not ?.
    My main priorities would be picture quality, sound quality, Netflix App and ability to watch movies from usb stick, casting  etc. , ease and speed of web browsing.
    Don't really think 3D is really that vital to me.
    Thanks for any help/advice.
    Cathalj
    Hi Cathal,

Unfortunately both 2 & 3 aren't available to us anymore :(  Both older models.  

The Samsung 6203 and LG are both current screens, they aren't bad.  There is much better out there though.  They would do what you need but for picture quality there is better.  Out of the TV though the LG would be the best.

Would you be willing to go down to a 42"?  You could get a cracking screen in that budget.  

Chris

Hi Chris ,
    Ideally I would like a 46 or 47" screen. Any other recommendations ? .... as a matter of interest which 42" would you go for ?
    Regards
    Cathal.

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the reply. Ideally I am looking for a 46 or 47" screen. (or 48" if I can convince Mrs C!). What 42" would you recommend? ... Any other ideas ?
    Thanks again,
    Cathal.

Hi Chris ,
    Ideally I would like a 46 or 47" screen. Any other recommendations ? .... as a matter of interest which 42" would you go for ?
    Regards
    Cathal.
    Hi Cathal,

In that size the best deal would defiantly be the Samsung 6400.  Putting aside all the smart features etc it's a really good screen for overall picture quality.  Couldn't fault it at all.

The 42" I would go for is the Panasonic TXL 42AS650.  Fantastic screen with excellent motion handling, it would be my choice at the moment:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx42as650b/pana-tx42as650b

Chris

Thanks for all your help Chris.
    I'll mull it over.
    Cheers
    Cathal.

Hi again,
    Just wondering if theres a way around the "in store only" clause ? It makes no sense to me , I mean what's the difference between me giving my creditcard details over the phone or personally instore? I'm covering the cost of courier anyway , so your margins are exactly the same either way. Are you not doing yourself out of potential business ?
    Cathal.

Hi again,
    Just wondering if theres a way around the  "in store only" clause ? It makes no sense to me , I mean what's the difference between me giving my creditcard details over the phone or personally instore? I'm covering the cost of courier anyway , so your margins are exactly the same either way. Are you not doing yourself out of potential business ?
    Cathal.
    Cathal,
    many thanks for the post - 'the in-store only' is used for various reasons - the main reason is if stocks are tight, in this instance we do try to restrict on-line sales so that Customers who travel to the store get the best opportunity to get the hot deals, also some TV's are not suitable for shipment due to their packaging as on occasion Couriers can treat some products with less than due care :( - also on occasion some products are not suitable for certain regions or we may have agreements in place with distributors or manufacturers restricting distribution to in- store only.

Which product were you looking at specifically as we do always try to 'bend the rules' for Boardies if possible,

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Unfortunately the price has gone up   But what we can do for you is offer the TV at £625.00 with delivery at £29.95.  This still includes your 5 year guarantee 

Hi guys,
    I have settled on the Samsung 48" 6400. if you can do it for £625 and throw in free delivery I will ring you & order this morning. (its now down to €770 in powercity)
    Thanks
    Cathalj

Hi Guys,
    Well ? (see my previous post!)
    Anything you can do ?
    Thanks
    Cathal.

Unfortunately the price has gone up   But what we can do for you is offer the TV at £625.00 with delivery at £29.95.  This still includes your 5 year guarantee 

Hi guys,
    I have settled on the Samsung 48" 6400. if you can do it for £625 and throw in free delivery I will ring you & order this morning. (its now down to €770 in powercity)
    Thanks
    Cathalj
    Hi Cathal,

Thanks for getting back to us :)

I'll have a word with my boss and see what we can do for you.

Will be back in touch asap!

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,
    Well ? (see my previous post!)
    Anything you can do ?
    Thanks
    Cathal.
    Hi Cathal,

The best we can do is the TV and £625 and £20 delivery.  You're also getting the free 5 year guarantee as well there.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

The best we can do is the TV and £625 and £20 delivery.  You're also getting the free 5 year guarantee as well there.

The tv AND £625 !! - Thats some deal !! ..... €645 all in sounds good , when would I be looking at delivery ? ... whats the best way to do this , phone or email ?
    cheers
    cathal.

The tv AND £625 !! - Thats some deal !! ..... €645 all in sounds good , when would I be looking at delivery ? ... whats the best way to do this , phone or email ?
    cheers
    cathal.
    Hi Cathal,

Haha!!  If only you could get deals like that.  But yea we can do the TV for £625 and then £20 delivery :)  I'm looking into how fast we could get one now for you.  I couldn't see it being too long.

If you'd like to PM me your contact details I can get one of the guys to give you a bell.  Once we have your address etc it'll make things a bit easier to work out delivery times etc.

Chris

Thanks Chris, pm sent (I think) !

Hi all,
    Tv now up and running , and I'm really happy with it. Thanks for all help & advice. Great service. I'll be back!
    Cheers , Cathal.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.