Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry v Donegal All Ireland football final 2014 - Mod warning Post #598

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

niallo27 wrote: »
    Clare were the only team to give Kerry a game.
    Donegal were an inch or two from beating them today.

Ridiculous comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Congratulations Kerry, the better team won.

Deplorable from Keane though that being said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

A dark day for gaa, rotten final and so much cinical stuff, Keane should be ashamed of himself for the blackarding he did kicking that ball away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Well done Kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Was it not the Donegal lads that started the fighting. Why would the Kerry boys start it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Brutal game. Poor reffing again. Feel sorry for durkan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

God i hate Donaghy. Loves himself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

So when James O'Donoghue rolls around feigning and wasting time it's clever but when Keane kicks the ball away to waste time it's terribly unsporting behaviour :confused:

He's the golden boy who didn't score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

A dark day for gaa, rotten final and so much cinical stuff, Keane should be ashamed of himself for the blackarding he did kicking that ball away

Why are you saying that?

Did you see the Donegal lads do the same against Armagh and Dublin???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

lol... Use the opportunity to have a shot at Joe Brolly... brilliant.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Really it came down to the goals

Plus McHugh, Murphy and McFadden were just poor from play

Arguably Christy Toye man of the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

LOL @ Donaghy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

A win for cynicism & thugery. Well done Kerry and the GAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭megadodge

Oh Jesus, having to listen to Donaghy is just sickening.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Donaghy having a go at Brolly :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

vetinari wrote: »
    Horrible game.

Donegal keeper completely cost Donegal the game.
    Gave away a stupid goal and then didn't have the nerve to continue the short kickouts.
    There was at least three that didn't make it past the 21 yard line, should have been called on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Some disgusting bias from the commentators all through the match. Very much pro Donegal. Real begrudgery going on there at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Sour taste after that final

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

O Donhoue rolling around pretending he is injured is just as bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

It was obvious that Donegal wouldn't be able to raise themselves to the level they played against Dublin. Kerry were always odds on to win this.
    I am always surprised when people write off Kerry's chances of winning the AI at the start of the year. I had them down as dark horses at the start of the year (and that's not being wise after the event).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

padd b1975 wrote: »
    There was at least three that didn't make it past the 21 yard line, should have been called on it.

they don't have to go past the 21, as long as the players are outside the 21 when it is kicked and the ball travels 13 metres

lol... Use the opportunity to have a shot at Joe Brolly... brilliant.. :D

Yeah, very classy......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Donegal didn't deserve to win, they were sh1t. Kerry were just a shade better.
    Thank god we have the hurling again next weekend, that football lark is hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

niallo27 wrote: »
    Clare were the only team to give Kerry a game.

As a clare man I am embarssed by that comment. Did you miss Galway, Mayo, Mayo and Donegal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Check the Rule book, Once the player is outside the 21 when the balls kicked it only has to go 13metres!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

they don't have to go past the 21, as long as the players are outside the 21 when it is kicked and the ball travels 13 metres

for at least one the Donegal man wasn't outside the 21.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Again, that's not the rule any more.
    The ball has to travel 13m and all players must be outside the 21 when the goal kick's being taken. Once it travels 13m, it's fair game whether it's inside the 21 or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Terrible game. I feel sorry for Durcan but he was the difference between the two sides today, his kickouts were horrendous and not just that kickout.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 markel

James Horan must be sickened - missed chance :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Congrats to Kerry.

It'll be a final remembered for all the wrong reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Be hilarious if Lyster jumped up and screamed, well Joe....."WHAT DO YA THINK OF THAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

It wasn't pretty but they did the job they came to do.

Ciarraí Abú

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭DK man

Poor match... Donegal looked very one dimensional and flat. Christ's toye played brilliantly but he was on his own. Leery deserved it but don't look like all Ireland champions

Bit of a sour taste on my mouth having witnessed the end of that game. You had theatrics from James O'Donoghue and very unsportsmanlike behaviour from BJ Keane. That said Kerry were fully deserving of their win. Was a terrible game quality wise but they wont give a fúck about that the length and breadth of Kerry as they celebrate tonight and tbf why would they. Id take winning a stinker next Saturday right now if i was offered.

I think the most disappointed today will be the Dubs watching on. They'll be kicking themselves they succumbed so easily to Donegal especially when they had so much space in the opening minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Congrats to Kerry. The better team won in a very dour and disappointing final. Donegal can have no complaints, that Durcan mistake was criminal ....and very costly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Sour taste after that final

Sour taste at the way this thread is descending into anti Kerry begrudgery. And no, I'm not from Kerry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Feel sorry for Durcan, made some incredible saves and did very well with the kickouts throughout the year - yet will be remembered for that kickout

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Time to forget this final already. Utterly forgettable. Bring on the hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Donegal didn't deserve to win, they were sh1t. Kerry were just a shade better.
    Thank god we have the hurling again next weekend, that football lark is hard to watch.

Take out the mistake by Durkin and the subsequent opportunistic and classy finish by Donaghy and it would have been a draw game.

I'm glad it's not going to replay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Sad ending but Kerry deserved it. They missed several chances while Donegal were clinical, Durkan's kickouts really killed them in the end.

So 3 different winners in 3 years. Everyone though Jimmy and his 5 year plan would dominate after 2012, then everyone thought it was Dublins to lose after 2013. Now we have a young Kerry side who've beaten a variety of opposition before winning in 2014, will they dominate for years? Think twice, it's very competitive at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Bit of a sour taste on my mouth having witnessed the end of that game. You had theatrics from James O'Donoghue and very unsportsmanlike behaviour from BJ Keane. That said Kerry were fully deserving of their win. Was a terrible game quality wise but they wont give a fúck about that the length and breadth of Kerry as they celebrate tonight and tbf why would they. Id take winning a stinker next Saturday right now if i was offered.

I think the most disappointed today will be the Dubs watching on. They'll be kicking themselves they succumbed so easily to Donegal especially when they had so much space in the opening minutes.

O'Donoghue's face was raked by the Donegal 8, fingers in eye area is despicable in any sport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

That was like some kind of WWE speech from Donaghy. I cringed hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Well done Kerry.

Worst championship I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Horrible match for the neutrals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Feel sorry for Durcan, made some incredible saves and did very well with the kickouts throughout the year - yet will be remembered for that kickout

Cost them when it mattered, and not just with the 1 kickout

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Good game from Kerry here and congrats to them . Over 90 mins I thought they were the better team .
    Fairly proud of Donegal but far far from their best today(McFadden should have got that in in the last minute!) and maybe this system can be modified & become a little more adventurous in the future.

Not the greatest final I've seen but I actually thought Kerry won fair ..definitely no complaints.

SS3 just took a break after he thanked the medical staff!

The players weren't outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Did Brolly get another mention there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Good game from Kerry here and congrats to them . Over 90 mins I thought they were the better team .
    Fairly proud of Donegal but far far from their best today(McFadden should have got that in in the last minute!) and maybe this system can be modified & become a little more adventurous in the future.

Not the greatest final I've seen but I actually thought Kerry won fair ..definitely no complaints.

:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement