Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry v Donegal All Ireland football final 2014 - Mod warning Post #598

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

nm wrote: »
    All he did was point out they'd proven the naysayers wrong, big deal

And made himself look like a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Numan wrote: »
    Stopped watching it after 10 minutes, just awful, I despair at the future of football. Roll on the hurling final so I can forget that 10 minutes....

That means for all you know, you just missed an absolute classic 60 minutes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Only Kerry could win an All Ireland while 'in transition' a lot of some counties best teams wouldn't make the Semi's.

Some of Kerry's antics were unsavoury, but like the RTE Soccer panel said during the week, you need some arseholes on your team to grind down your opposition

I would rather be from Kerry and everyone hate me than be from Mayo and everyone feel sorry for me.

Being from Mayo that's a fair point. We dont want your sympathy. Next year we're going to kill all your grannies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Ah stop, what BJK did was nothing short of a disgrace. He should hang his head in shame and I'm confident when he sees it back that he will feel the same. I can't remember any player from any county doing that before!

lol take the blinkers off,

Donegal v Armagh this year in Croke Park, Armagh have a side line in the last few seconds, Donegal player boots the ball 40 yards away.

Donegal V Dublin - Donegal had the game won, but ref gives Dublin a free, Donegal lads runs with the ball, ref blows whistle 3 times, and the Donegal lads keeps going and boots ball about 60 yards away from the foul.

Donegal have been guilty of this, but when others do it a big deal is made out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I always had the feeling that Donegal would hand Kerry the AI by beating Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I'm not from Kerry or Donegal either. Because of Donegal's anti-football style I was up for Kerry before the match. But is it not ok for me (and others) to say we didn't enjoy the way Kerry played?

Of course you're allowed to say you didn't enjoy the way Kerry played, but some of the comments were not constructive and if it was any other jersey I reckon the comments wouldn't be made.
    It was a shi*te game, don't get me wrong, I'd take hurling any day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ah stop, what BJK did was nothing short of a disgrace. He should hang his head in shame and I'm confident when he sees it back that he will feel the same. I can't remember any player from any county doing that before!

Did you watch Dublin V Donegal. Donegal player done it near the end!
    Ive seen it many times, Ive even seen club games were forwards **** the keepers tee over the wall behind the goals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

At least the minor match earlier involving both counties was more skillful and had better flowing football, its just a shame that those natural qualities that those young minors have will been coached out of them by the time they reach senior level, the way the game has gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

"Championies Championies O Way O Way O Way".

Original.
    Yeah, you'd think they would have sang God Save our Queen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭FlashR2D2

If the chips had fallen right it should have been a Kerry v Mayo final. They were two best teams this year. Kerry deserved Sam when they beat Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What did Donaghy say about Brolly anyway? My stream cut out just after the final whistle

'Brolly said the production line was finished in Kerry...WHAT YA THINK OF THAT Brolly!!!!'. - think it was a very teenagery thing to say myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I hope Spillane has the strength of character to call that Kerry style of football for what it was - "puke"

Donegal weren't much better with this so called "system"

A truly pathetic game of football. Kerry spent more time hitting and hoping. Donegal would have had to play another hour out there to score a few more points.

I was a neutral watching that and it was hard to pick a team you wanted to see win. Awful stuff.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Only Kerry could win an All Ireland while 'in transition' a lot of some counties best teams wouldn't make the Semi's.I

Some of Kerry's antics were unsavoury, but like the RTE Soccer panel said during the week, you need some arseholes on your team to grind down your opposition

I would rather be from Kerry and everyone hate me than be from Mayo and everyone feel sorry for me.

I'd still rather been from mayo than been a cock from kerry. Your embarrassing yourself and the decent kerry people with a statement like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Brolly is so full of it. Saying that "football is the real loser today" because of the way the game was played.

But if Donegal had won playing that way, you can bet he'd be calling it another McGuinness tactical masterclass.
    His Ulster-tinted spectacles are just ridiculous :(

'Brolly said the production line was finished in Kerry...WHAT YA THINK OF THAT Brolly!!!!'. - think it was a very teenagery thing to say myself.

Something you'd hear a brash young townie shouting. Not a brash old townie like Donaghy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

padd b1975 wrote: »
    You can always tell the character of a man by the manner he celebrates victory.

You'd swear he slagged off Donegal or something when it was nothing of the sort or near as bad, big deal being made out of nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

threeball wrote: »
    Kerry not new to that sh*t either. Aidan o mahony started the ball rolling years ago.

Barry John Keane should feel priviliged to be on that field on such an occasion besides pulling one of the most unsporting strokes in finals history. Never seen such a token bit player hang to a spot in a squad as long as this lad.

What did he do?? He always seemed like a bit of toe rag..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Being from Mayo that's a fair point. We dont want your sympathy. Next year we're going to kill all your grannies

I'm actually from Sligo but I would rather be hated and successful then have everyone feel sorry for us when we lose

I was neutral for the match, I didn't have any strong feelings either way about who I wanted to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

What did Buckley get the black card for at the end ??

Seems refs are much happier to have them in the last minute than the first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

FlashR2D2 wrote: »
    If the chips had fallen right it should have been a Kerry v Mayo final. They were two best teams this year. Kerry deserved Sam when they beat Mayo.

Nothing between the top 4 teams this year tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

It was such a frustrating game, it never got off the ground. I can't say that any one team was any better than then other. Donegal handed it to Kerry in the end. I wish Kerry hadn't been so unsporting in the end though. Anyways, roll on next year and hopefully a young, talented and unsuspecting team out of the ordinary teams will come through and get to the final :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Keeper was about to kick the ball out and he kicked the ball away....People have never seen anything as bad EVER BEFORE

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Numan

That means for all you know, you just missed an absolute classic 60 minutes!

Errr, no, pretty obvious the way this game was going

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I'm actually from Sligo but I would rather be hated and successful then have everyone feel sorry for us when we lose

Like everyone felt sorry for sligo and the tan in a can ohora after the last croke park experience...
    .god a sligo gaa fan able to slag any other gaa team lol.

Cant help what people feel for Mayo. I think Mayo have been very successful over past 10 years. Plenty of great days for our supporters that other counties would kill for. There is an all ireland coming soon, people underestimate or plainly dont know how the mentality of Mayo football has slowly changed. Will be back in the mix next year with nothing to fear.

Fair play to Kerry today. They had to set up the way they did. If Donegal played a traditional system then Kerry would have too. The only way to beat Donegal is at their own game irregardless of how good or bad that looks. Kerry have 38 odd all irelands, they're winners and they did what it took.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

We need a forum: Donaghy's comments justified v Donaghy's comments childish, pathetic and classless.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mfceiling wrote: »
    I hope Spillane has the strength of character to call that Kerry style of football for what it was - "puke"

A truly pathetic game of football. Kerry spent more time hitting and hoping. Donegal would have had to play another hour out there to score a few more points.

I was a neutral watching that and it was hard to pick a team you wanted to see win. Awful stuff.

I think Spillane will say Kerry played to win Sam...they did. He'll be a happy boy tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Keeper was about to kick the ball out and he kicked the ball away....People have never seen anything as bad EVER BEFORE

Haha, didnt see the game, but that sounds just normal par for course. Major over reaction.

From the sounds of it this forum was more entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Declan O'Sullivan has reached the "Scholes Years" - confused looking kid on the shoulders while doing the lap of honour

Scholes' son has autism...

Spillane is probably the most biased GAA commentator on TV. You'll get good odds on him calling Kerry Puke.

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Scholes' son has autism...

I did not know that. Nothing offensive meant whatsoever. Thanks for telling me twice though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Threw a punch at the linesman, took a leak in the corner of the field then fought a granny in the crowd. Lifetime ban I say!

Spillane is probably the most biased GAA commentator on TV. You'll get good odds on him calling Kerry Puke.

He should join boards so.

We need a forum: Donaghy's comments justified v Donaghy's comments childish, pathetic and classless.....

We don't pander to what some so call experts say... Would have been a more mature comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Worse things have happened, but I don't know why you are so determined to play it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

There lucky they werent beaten by 1 Donegal, that umpiring decision in the first half when the Kerry defender kicked it out for a 45 and he gave a goal kick was beyond shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I did not know that. Nothing offensive meant whatsoever. Thanks for telling me twice though :D

No problem.

Bloody 3 Internet.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Also as a neutral, don't understand why you're attacking Kerry there - they saw what Donegal did to Dublin and knew that to win they'd have to beat them at their own game. Fair play to them I say.

If you want someone to blame for the pukiness of it, blame Jim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

No it wasnt?? Bit clear you arent a proper GAA fan if you turn off an All Ireland final after ten minutes! The first ten minutes werent even that bad in my opinion, just slowly stagnated! You going to watch the hurling? What sort of game will it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

seanhynes wrote: »
    There lucky they werent beaten by 1 Donegal, that umpiring decision in the first half when the Kerry defender kicked it out for a 45 and he gave a goal kick was beyond shocking
    Yeah sure, that was the real turning point. Shocking....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭FlashR2D2

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Nothing between the top 4 teams this year tbh

I wouldn't have Dublin in my top four, they coasted into a semi-final by playing weak opposition, when they finally came up against serious contenders (Donegal) they crumbled like a sand castle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

That was some catch and run by Murphy at the end, and lay off to McBrearty, nearly snatched a draw despite everything

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Worse things have happened, but I don't know why you are so determined to play it down.

It's the anti Kerry Brigade, if you think there bad - you should see the anti Dublin one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

freddiek wrote: »
    well done to Kerry team and management, proved many doubters wrong.

looking at the presentation here, not sure why Fitzmaurice went up the steps and lifted up the Sam Maguire. That should be for the players only. Seemed like limelight-hogging

also why is Colm Cooper stripped as if he was involved somehow?? he should be in a tracksuit keeping a low profile. John Terry was rightly ridiculed for doing the same thing a few years ago.

a minor point though on a great day for the Kingdom.

I very much doubt it was intentional limelight-hogging by Fitzmaurice, I never would have considered it the preserve of players only anyway. May be just me though.

Gooch and Terry did not do the same thing. Gooch was listed as a sub, Terry was suspended. Completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I wouldn't have Dublin in my top four, they coasted into a semi-final by playing weak opposition, when they finally came up against serious contenders (Donegal) they crumbled like a sand castle.

Dublin not in the top 4 teams?! :eek:

Man, this forum just continues to surprise me.

We better not start on some of his antics as it could be assumed to be Kerry bashing. He has a nickname of 'sniper' in some parts though as he went down with no one near him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

TheCitizen wrote: »

Because nobody.died

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

hahaha yeah , a goal within the first minute just screams Borefest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

What odds you offering on Spillane calling it? I figure with a few hours to calm down and have a rethink, he knows he'll be under pressure to be consistent and call it for what it was. Might try and do a brolly and have it both ways, but i'd be surprised if he didn't have a go and make a few more headlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You probably didnt have them in your top four last year either :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement