Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry v Donegal All Ireland football final 2014 - Mod warning Post #598

1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

and by the way, this claim that donegal out numbered kerry by 3 to 1 is just more bulls*IT.

kerry sold out all 16000 tickets, the exact same number as Donegal. for it to be 3 to 1, Donegal would have needed to have gained another 32,000 fans in there (ie getting all the neutral/premium/corporate tickets) without Kerry gaining any tickets - not happening.

a huge portion of the tickets go to neutrals and while some of these would go for Donegal, majority of them would support anybody, just sit back and enjoy the game. Donegal had marginally more supporters there, but it could have been 5000-8,000 more, but not more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah that 3:1 statement was the most bizarre post in a few pages full of bizarre posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

nicepoint wrote: »
    Hi Bonnie,

Can you name the best teams over the year who were better than Kerry this year and why ? Just interested.
    Thanks & Rgds.

Based on the entire intercounty season you would have to say Dublin. Without a doubt.

In the end we don't have Sam to show for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

it would appear that the only way you win a proper all ireland, is by beating kerry. even in the years we beat the dubs (2004, 2007, 2009) it wasnt enough to keep the begrudgers happy. our wins over Armagh in 2000 and 2006 were also ignored.
    Ye were unreal in 2009. How anyone can say otherwise is a joker. As well for ye in 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Based on the entire intercounty season you would have to say Dublin. Without a doubt.

That's just nonsense really.
    Knocking the bollix out of Division 2/3 standard teams in Leinster doesn't make you the best team in the country.
    The first decent team they met, they were beaten and that team went on and were also beaten.
    Dublin are a great team and I think with a bit of tweaking will be the team to beat next year and will probably win the All-Ireland, but there is no way they are the best team this year. They were not robbed of an All-Ireland, but deservedly beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Without a doubt ye were not the best team as ye were well beaten by the one good team ye met in donegal .I would go as far to say that mayo were better than ye as they could have/should have beaten kerry who went on to win it but keep telling yourselves ye are the best anyway as it keeps the spotlight off the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

Ye were unreal in 2009. How anyone can say otherwise is a joker. As well for ye in 2006.

We were far from unreal in 2009, we struggled over Sligo and Antrim and took a bad beating in Munster.

We turned it on against Dublin and Cork so we were unreal in one game Dublin and good against Cork.

As for this year how Dublin are considered the best is beyond me.
    Hammering division 2 teams and walking a weak Leinster would make anyone look good.

Kerry beat Cork/Mayo/Donegal 3 of the top 5
    teams in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

There has been some quite hilarious horsesh*t thrown at this Kerry team (and suppporters) since the final in various online fora and by a few select WUMs like Brolly etc...most of it, nothing to do with the actual game of course as Kerry were well deserving winners on the day.

Just on the supporters thing, there is no way in hell we were outnumbered 3:1. Surely people have copped onto the fact that Kerry fans aren't as loud as their northern brethern by now? You also have a far lesser proportion of middle aged or older Kerry fans wearing jerseys, I never wear a jersey to games myself. Somebody mentioned, not seeing a lot of Kerry fans around after the game...all I can say is, you must have avoided Barrys, Delahuntys/Findlater/Mayes (all Dorset Street), the Palace of Fleet Street, Kehoes etc...as all these places were full with Kerry fans. Also, the team hotel was choc full from around 9pm onwards.

As to the "Brolly" theory that Kerry played a mirror system of Donegal and somehow "lowered themselves" to win this All Ireland..anybody who watched the game can clearly see the differences between the way the sides set up. Kerry half forwards and midfielders certainly don't turn their back on the ball and rush headlong towards their own goal for a start..but of course Joe knows this and is just trying to perform a volte-face(having predicted Kerry wouldn't win an All Ireland for 5 years +) in the only way he knows how, by coming out firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

There has been some quite hilarious horsesh*t thrown at this Kerry team (and suppporters) since the final in various online fora and by a few select WUMs like Brolly etc...most of it, nothing to do with the actual game of course as Kerry were well deserving winners on the day.

Just on the supporters thing, there is no way in hell we were outnumbered 3:1. Surely people have copped onto the fact that Kerry fans aren't as loud as their northern brethern by now? You also have a far lesser proportion of middle aged or older Kerry fans wearing jerseys, I never wear a jersey to games myself. Somebody mentioned, not seeing a lot of Kerry fans around after the game...all I can say is, you must have avoided Barrys, Delahuntys/Findlater/Mayes (all Dorset Street), the Palace of Fleet Street, Kehoes etc...as all these places were full with Kerry fans. Also, the team hotel was choc full from around 9pm onwards.

As to the "Brolly" theory that Kerry played a mirror system of Donegal and somehow "lowered themselves" to win this All Ireland..anybody who watched the game can clearly see the differences between the way the sides set up. Kerry half forwards and midfielders certainly don't turn their back on the ball and rush headlong towards their own goal for a start..but of course Joe knows this and is just trying to perform a volte-face(having predicted Kerry wouldn't win an All Ireland for 5 years +) in the only way he knows how, by coming out firing.

I called the ,3/1 ratio but I could have been wrong.
    Just seen lots of yellow!
    The pints wouldn't have helped either...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

No way was it 3:1, and I'm from Donegal.

Can this thread just be let die?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Most Dublin people would be quite confident of their standing in the game. If you want to condense what transpired this year into them walking Leinster and getting beaten by the 1st decent team they faced this year then fire ahead - you can postulate whatever you like based on that ....

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Most Dublin people would be quite confident of their standing in the game. If you want to condense what transpired this year into them walking Leinster and getting beaten by the 1st decent team they faced this year then fire ahead - you can postulate whatever you like based on that ....

Monaghan are no bad team and Dublin blew them away. After 20 mins of the semi final I thought it would be a massacre.
    I would say, the current Leinster championship is doing Dublin no favours, but there's no doubt you will be serious contenders next year and anyone thinking otherwise needs their head examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nicepoint

DoctaDee wrote: »

I agree with you, I think Kerry / Mayo and Donegal have been better than Dublin also THIS year.

nicepoint wrote: »
    I agree with you, I think Kerry / Mayo and Donegal have been better than Dublin also THIS year.

No problem, its all about opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Monaghan are no bad team and Dublin blew them away. After 20 mins of the semi final I thought it would be a massacre.
    I would say, the current Leinster championship is doing Dublin no favours, but there's no doubt you will be serious contenders next year and anyone thinking otherwise needs their head examined.

Agreed, they have the best panel of players around and were simply caught out for having no plan b when their swashbuckling approach didn't work against Donegal. That game reminded me a bit of Kerry when we came up against Tyrone's 'system' for the first time in the noughties, we simply didn't know what to do and the game passed us by.

Dublin will probably start 2015 as favourites and will take some stopping I would think.

mickeyk wrote: »
    Agreed, they have the best panel of players around and were simply caught out for having no plan b when their swashbuckling approach didn't work against Donegal. That game reminded me a bit of Kerry when we came up against Tyrone's 'system' for the first time in the noughties, we simply didn't know what to do and the game passed us by.

Dublin will probably start 2015 as favourites and will take some stopping I would think.

Dublin are pretty much evens for next year already shur!!

Be interesting to see how Gavin tweaks things alright..needs a few defenders in the half back line..either that or the likes of McCaffrey need to be coached intensively HOW to defend. Attack is not always the best form of defence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭FlashR2D2

mickeyk wrote: »

Most betting people would be hoping that.... so they can get their money and better odds on the real contenders. Never stick your neck out too far or you'll be first to lose your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Dublin are pretty much evens for next year already shur!!

Be interesting to see how Gavin tweaks things alright..needs a few defenders in the half back line..either that or the likes of McCaffrey need to be coached intensively HOW to defend. Attack is not always the best form of defence!

True. We were ruthlessly exposed in that area.

Dublin have defenders who can do a job in the half backs though. When Gilroy was in charge we were very solid. Nolan won an All Star in 2011 but imo Brennan and McCarthy had better campaigns as defenders.

Brennan, McCarthy and COS would be formidable unit around the right gameplan. All good natural defenders. McCarthy and COS very capable attacking WBs too obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Just on the supporters thing, there is no way in hell we were outnumbered 3:1. Surely people have copped onto the fact that Kerry fans aren't as loud as their northern brethern by now? You also have a far lesser proportion of middle aged or older Kerry fans wearing jerseys, I never wear a jersey to games myself.

Remember talking to someone a few years back and his opinion was that no Kerry Supporter should ever wear a Kerry jersey - wear green and gold all day long but wearing a Kerry jersey was something that was a privilege not a right.

Was a bit extreme I thought but I wonder if there's others who have a similar approach.

Never wear a Kerry jersey to a watch myself either but nearly always would be in green - to match my eyes like;)

I do think there were more Donegal folk on the Hill but that's because a lot of Kerry supporters have links/connections for a few years in terms of getting tickets and so got the better seats in the stands:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I'm Kerry fan and got a ticket from Donegal so that's one dent in the stats

• Advertisement

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Remember talking to someone a few years back and his opinion was that no Kerry Supporter should ever wear a Kerry jersey - wear green and gold all day long but wearing a Kerry jersey was something that was a privilege not a right.

Was a bit extreme I thought but I wonder if there's others who have a similar approach.

Never wear a Kerry jersey to a watch myself either but nearly always would be in green - to match my eyes like;)

I do think there were more Donegal folk on the Hill but that's because a lot of Kerry supporters have links/connections for a few years in terms of getting tickets and so got the better seats in the stands:p

This is my view on things, pretty much. Bought the adidas jersey in 1998 as a young fella but haven't bought once since and don't intend to. Polo shirt all the way for me.

I think old fellas wearing Kerry jerseys are a kind of unedifying sight myself.

the last green and gold jersey i bought was in 2000, so im another who doesnt wear it to games.

i have the white 2001 and the 2009 navy ones and i tend to wear those. one other thing about kerry gaa is that over the course of 10 years, weve probably had 14 or 15 different jerseys (keepers also commonly sold), along with multiple tops, t shirts and polo shirts. the variety in our kit sales is huge and its clear on match days that it differs from others.

I'm Kerry fan and got a ticket from Donegal so that's one dent in the stats

I'm Donegal and got my ticket from Kerry so we're even!

This is my view on things, pretty much. Bought the adidas jersey in 1998 as a young fella but haven't bought once since and don't intend to. Polo shirt all the way for me.

I think old fellas wearing Kerry jerseys are a kind of unedifying sight myself.

Football jerseys generally. Anyone over the age of 20;s just looks silly. Younger even.

Polo's/normal wear for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is a tendancy in some counties to behave after a rare win in a very vulgar way towards the defeated side by chanting in their face etc which is akin to how some people react to "new" money ie not used to it and unable to handle it. Very unclassy. When a game is over you do not see winning players dance around the defeated players and deliberately rub salt in the wounds.
    321541.jpg

321541.jpg

Gormley by the looks of it? Such a lack of class. We just won the All Ireland, lets roar in the face of a sub from the opposing team..:rolleyes:

In 2012 in Killarney when he got a jammy goal, he retrieved the ball from the net, came up behind Tomás and slammed it into his gut in an attempt to wind him..Tomás didn't flinch of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Tomas didn't flinch 'of course'? What, was he an angel? When Kerry players have a dirty streak it's almost romanticised. Tomas was a dirty enough player, leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

I stand corrected in my view that players are always gracious in victory towards the other side. Clearly, from the evidence of that picture,not all players are although that is hardly a compliment to them. Thank God they are in the minority. Ugly behaviour & poor sportmanship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

good post,

If i was a Donegal man id be thrilled over the past 4 years.

I do have some observations on yesterday which will have to be addressed in Donegal.
    1 - why was Murphy not put on the square? You don't need a man in a tree to know we struggle with high ball.
    2 - How was McFadden left on for so long.

3 - Why was there jelly legs after 40/50 mins, I wonder if the 5 day fermanagh camp backfired.
    4 - Kickouts consistently kicked short.
    5 - Once Donegal conceeded the second goal they went up the field took Kerry on and kicked 3 scores , why not push on from that rather than drop straight back again in defence mode.
    Finally in any sport surely there comes a time when you should impose yourself on your opposition rather than trying to stop them playing.
    EXACTLY. After you size them them up

This is where I have been coming from for ages.

In 2011 Murphy and McFadden were the 2 best forwards in Ireland yet against Dublin they were picking up ball 70-80yards from the Dublin goal. Gilroy setup as Kerry did and Dublin won the All-ireland They should have won that all-ireland. Murphy on the edge of the square in practically unmarkable. And when Donegal play a traditional game they are great to watch and very hard to stop but for 5 or 10 minutes in a game is not enough.

McFadden was woeful but he usually has Murphy close by to feed him.

On the treatment Murphy got from Aidan O'Mahony. Murphy came up against a guy he could not "bully" and I mean that in the nicest way possible. He is a massive man, so hard to stop but O'Mahony was up for it as were his team mates. O'Mahony done nothing that is not going on in most inter county and club games. Look at Neil Gallagher, he put himself about in the game against Dublin, fair p[lay to him as did Neil McGee who was constantly in O'Gara's face which is clearly seen on camera. He in my opinion physced O'Gara out of the game. Donegal stamped their authority on Dublin and Dublins failure to put in place a plan a plan B was their downfall. Kerry had the natural intelligence and ability change their style and point of play/attack that threw Donegal a bit.

In the cold light of day Kerry can be very happy with a great tactical win for them. I can Eamon Fitzmaurice and his crew really upset at how they won;). Fact is Kerry delivered.

Jimmy has question to answer and was slow to make changes. Why was Martin McIllhenny left off for so long? Why was McNeillis not left in the forwards? In my opinion these were big errors. McIllhenny is big and strong and had an immediate impact and rejuvenated Donegal. McNeillis I felt was sacrificed for the system but he is a good forward who gets scores off either foot and his aerial ability would have been very important but he was too deep. McIlhenny most importantly would have let Donegal keep Murphy where he can do most damage, close to goal and McFadden would also have benefited from this.

This Kerry team I think will do back to back. They have developed a very big and talented panel and with Colm Cooper due back and Tommy Walsh they are in a very strong position

• Advertisement

aveytare wrote: »
    Tomas didn't flinch 'of course'? What, was he an angel? When Kerry players have a dirty streak it's almost romanticised. Tomas was a dirty enough player, leave it at that.

I meant Tomás didn't flinch as in, he isn't easily winded, that's all. I love the way you try to deflect it and make no comment on Gormley..says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

I meant Tomás didn't flinch as in, he isn't easily winded, that's all. I love the way you try to deflect it and make no comment on Gormley..says it all.

What am I supposed to say? "Oh that was bad." I've seen that incident discussed before, there's another pic from a different perspective where he wasn't standing over Galvin so I don't know. Wouldn't surprise me if he did do it because he's a dirty player, is that good enough. Just thought the 'of course' comment was a bit weird considering Tomas was a dirty player, that's all. Plenty of players are dirty, I don't mean to sound harsh and I enjoy his articles in the indo and what not.

I don't get this sorta scale of cynicism. If something's a crappy thing to do, it's a crappy thing to do, whether it's before, during or after a match. Like everyone says "oh Ricey's a great guy irl", maybe he is but that's not that relevant. Personally I can't stand sledging, it's a curse. Serious pet hate of mine. But oh we're supposed to have a laugh at Ricey, at Eamon McGee winding up Eoghan O'Gara, at O'Mahony mocking Murphy, it's an embarrasment and seriously unsporting (ok obviously not everyone laughs at it but some people seem to find it vaguely amusing or acceptable or part of the game or whatever). Just not gonna pretend that Gormley winding up Galvin is somehow on a different level of moral abhorrance to the other **** that goes on.

aveytare wrote: »
    What am I supposed to say? "Oh that was bad." I've seen that incident discussed before, there's another pic from a different perspective where he wasn't standing over Galvin so I don't know. Wouldn't surprise me if he did do it because he's a dirty player, is that good enough. Just thought the 'of course' comment was a bit weird considering Tomas was a dirty player, that's all. Plenty of players are dirty, I don't mean to sound harsh and I enjoy his articles in the indo and what not.

I don't get this sorta scale of cynicism. If something's a crappy thing to do, it's a crappy thing to do, whether it's before, during or after a match. Like everyone says "oh Ricey's a great guy irl", maybe he is but that's not that relevant. Personally I can't stand sledging, it's a curse. Serious pet hate of mine. But oh we're supposed to have a laugh at Ricey, at Eamon McGee winding up Eoghan O'Gara, at O'Mahony mocking Murphy, it's an embarrasment and seriously unsporting. Just not gonna pretend that Gormley winding up Galvin is somehow morally abhorrent relative to the other **** that goes on.

There's throwing a punch (as Tomás has done..several times) and the like and then there's stuff like in the photo above. There are very few players I've seen who's first thought upon winning any big game, let alone and All Ireland, would be to goad an opponent like that. That's my final word on the matter.

There's throwing a punch (as Tomás has done..several times) and the like and then there's stuff like in the photo above. There are very few players I've seen who's first thought upon winning any big game, let alone and All Ireland, would be to goad an opponent like that. That's my final word on the matter.

Devils advocate time. Full time whistle a lot of reactions are clenched fist and almost hunker in on yourself.

could it not be that Gormley has just heard the whistle and is going into himself for a second before running off with the rest of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

sammy37 wrote: »
    Why were you down in kerry to see the celebrations or are you just making that up cos you would have seen a different picture and anyway all ireland medals are not handed out to the team that celebrates the most.

I'm talking about at the match obviously. They could have 100k people going mad down in Kerry and it would mean nothing for me if they weren't at the match. Fact is Kerry are not as exciting for neutrals like me and obviously a lot of people on here can't handle that fact.

That's the difference between us so, you'd prefer soccer chants and taunting opposing fans.

We don't and have been brought up to win with a bit of class. Take our victories and defeats with grace.

They're not soccer chants only. Loads of sports fans sing them and it's harmless fun. Were the Dubs moaning about DOnegal fans singing it this year? NO. Because they can handle a bit of craic unlike a few on here.

• Advertisement

I dont remember doing this.

I'm sure you will jump to the defence of that man's accusation that all meath fans would rather sing soccer chants and celebrate in the oppositions faces.

I obviously didn't mean all but there were easily enough to hear it loud and clear.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    I'm talking about at the match obviously. They could have 100k people going mad down in Kerry and it would mean nothing for me if they weren't at the match. Fact is Kerry are not as exciting for neutrals like me and obviously a lot of people on here can't handle that fact.

FACT my dear man, is not something you do very well..but as you mention it, contemporary evidence (media coverage, neutral interest on and offline etc) would seem to suggest that Kerry had quite a large share of neutral support for this final.
    Given the fact you felt the need to make a dozen or more posts in an attempted wind up, I assume you aren't one of them, but it's getting boring now..as is the thread.

FACT my dear man, is not something you do very well..but as you mention it, contemporary evidence (media coverage, neutral interest on and offline etc) would seem to suggest that Kerry had quite a large share of neutral support for this final.
    Given the fact you felt the need to make a dozen or more posts in an attempted wind up, I assume you aren't one of them, but it's getting boring now..as is the thread.

Most neutrals I knew were up for Donegal. The one's that weren't were because of Donegal's style of football. Fair enough.

I assure you I'm not trying to wind anyone up and if you look through the hundreds of posts I've made on the GAA forum I'm not one to troll.

But I recognize the fact that some people were wound up by my opinions on here. Sadly there's nothing I can do about that.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Most neutrals I knew were up for Donegal. The one's that weren't were because of Donegal's style of football. Fair enough.

I assure you I'm not trying to wind anyone up and if you look through the hundreds of posts I've made on the GAA forum I'm not one to troll.

But I recognize the fact that some people were wound up by my opinions on here. Sadly there's nothing I can do about that.

If we all sang Cheerio at you would you go away? You seem to like the idea of that.

from a Donegal perspective, ive seen it mentioned a few times how stale they were or how the legs for the running game just werent there - 5 or 6 of their top players played nowhere near full belt....

my theory would be perhaps they should look at the fact that the county championship is only starting this weekend. thats not an issue in itself, but the fact that it appears the club set up was totally neglected over the past 8 weeks, suggests there was too much focus on the final.

did the team over train? for instance, between August 10th and September 20th, Donegal played 1 senior championship game - thats one game in 42 days, the Ulster final was on July 20th.

had perhaps the players been allowed to play one round of county championship in there, it would have helped to put a bit more balance in the training and maybe as they turned into mid september, the players were starting to burn out, after a long year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

We don't need a picture to know that Tyrone teams are scum since Mickey Harte took over. It is etched in the memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

This idea that fans baiting other fans is good for amosphere is stupid. If Kerry started singing cheerio to other teams you have journalists and posters speaking about how ungracious they were in victory.

I go to a lot of matches, I am involved in underage coaching. Stupidity like that can get out of hand. Would'nt it be beautiful in an U16's match for the supporters 10 minutes from the end of a match startinfg to sing cheerio, cheerio to the opposing fans. The next thing it gets onto the pitch. The last thing we need is sh!te from soccer being hailed as goo for amosphere. Everthing that happens at intercounty level is transfered back down to club and underage level.

After a match I am the first onto the pitch telling young players shake hand, telling opposition good gàme win lose or draw. Yes I teach players to play to the letter of the law and beyond it. I speak against sledging, however have no issueing witha bit of slagging/banter. Saw a young player recently after he caught a few ball against a bigger opponent look at him, ask him his height( the young lad was about 6'3'' and said it proudly) to which the smaller lads( and he was just shy of 6') replied ''All I know you cwould not catch a lump of sh!t''. I hjave no issue with that but sledging about girlfriends, parents etc is a step beyond the pale. Fan baiting is the same.

It amazes me the amount of lads that cannot control there emotions on the sideline. The last thing they need ti a smart alec baiting them. It is hard enough at underage controling youngesters alot that now have the strenght of grown adults, without having other issue with the sideline as well. Just so an idiot can have a bit of amosphere.

I do not go to football matches for amosphere. I go to watch a match, to see tactics, to watch inovation that I can teach underage players ( I no longer live in Kerry) who are not from a traditional football area. That is not to say I do not enjoy cheering and a bit of heckling going on but baiting is a different matter.

Does anyone else think we should play the chorus from Chelsea Dagger every time a team gets a point, just to get the fans into it like :rolleyes:

OK Lads I think we'll close the door on the 2014 Championship season. Congrats to Kerry and thanks to everyone for their contributions good and bad over the last 5 months - Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement