Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Meter - Yellow Graffiti

Options
  • 31-08-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I've had my water meter installed very quickly, efficiently and with minimum bother - yeah!

They put lots of yellow markings on the footpath - "ESB -->", "Gas <--", "Drain <>", you get the idea :).

At the time, I didn't bother; I assumed the marks were chalk or dye and would get washed away when it rained. But now, a month and many wet days later, it's still there and looks like graffiti.

I have checked their website and FAQ etc but apparently this is not a FAQ.
    It's Sunday so I'll phone them tomorrow unless someone knows the answer or how long this eyesore will last.

Anybody know, do they use paint or chalk or what?
    and will it go away without me getting out my powerwasher and using expensive water and electricity?

Looking forward to my first bill. Roll-on Christmas :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

I've heard Tippex works well on it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭GFish

wazky wrote: »
    I've heard Tippex works well on it OP.

Cool!
    Any idea where I can buy Tippex by the gallon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Its the hobo code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Report it to local council/litter warden same as any graffiti.

Does anybody know the answer?
    Is it chalk or paint, and does it go away after a while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

it'll be sprayed on I reckon and will be there for an age. Pressure washer might shift it or simply report it to the council for removal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Pass it off to visitors as Banksy original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I would bet you €50 that if you opened the round shore and looked inside...there will be no meter inside ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

www.graffitiwipeout.net...

25 quid a bottle... works on all graff.

split the cost with the neighbours...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Sprinkle some sand on it to help it on it's way, if there's reasonable foot traffic it should be scrubbed off by next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Is that you Mrs Bucket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

IT'S BUKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭HelenV

GFish wrote: »

I've a town house property and Irish Water have literally destroyed the lovely brick footpath with their yellow markings. It looks terrible and has been annoying me for weeks. There's not a hope in hell of this fading for years yet. To add insult to injury our particular street has made enormous efforts to make the street pretty this year - most properties freshly painted with window boxes and hanging baskets and not a bit of litter in sight with a view to increasing our tidy towns profile.

Along come Irish Water and make a dogs dinner of the footpath.

I intend to ring the offenders asking them to clean up their act. We'll have to live with the big ugly cement boxes dotted all along a newly laid brick footpath but their 100's of yellow lines is a step too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

is this all you're worried about regarding this irish water nonsense?

is this all you're worried about regarding this irish water nonsense?

No, not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

No, not at all.

Did you edit out the line that said "A shower of bastards"? You can tell us. You're among friends here. :D

Mickey H wrote: »
    Did you edit out the line that said "A shower of bastards"? You can tell us. You're among friends here. :D

Note to self:
    do not edit out the curse words when talking about Mono Poly Ishke.
    Ah F*** it!
    I just can't help it. Apologies to all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Spray "No consent no contract " beside or in even bigger letters, that'll learn them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

A month, you're a saint OP! Ring them, if no joy then report the cnuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Cool!
    Any idea where I can buy Tippex by the gallon?

I bought 2 Litres of Tippex a while ago.

Big mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

OP if all you have to worry about are a few yellow marks on the ground then I'd say your problems are few.

exact same thing has happened to me. I got a pink line spray painted 6 inches into my driveway. All the bad weather has not washed it away. I called them and they said they have heard this alot but there is nothing they can do. I have to contact the people they use to install the meters .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

HelenV wrote: »
    I've a town house property and Irish Water have literally destroyed the lovely brick footpath with their yellow markings. It looks terrible and has been annoying me for weeks. There's not a hope in hell of this fading for years yet. To add insult to injury our particular street has made enormous efforts to make the street pretty this year - most properties freshly painted with window boxes and hanging baskets and not a bit of litter in sight with a view to increasing our tidy towns profile.

Along come Irish Water and make a dogs dinner of the footpath.

I intend to ring the offenders asking them to clean up their act. We'll have to live with the big ugly cement boxes dotted all along a newly laid brick footpath but their 100's of yellow lines is a step too far.

Vandalism to use cement on a brick footpath.I've seen brick manhole and other covers about the place.
    Couldn't be arsed to make an effort or spend the bit extra I suppose.

Advertisement