Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old dogs that no one wants near Meekstown cottages

Options
  • 31-08-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi I've heard of an old women who looks after old dogs that no one wants in this area.She relies on donation from the public and was wondering if anybody knows where she is based all I know is its near theses old cottages in Finglas.Maybe suited to animal forum but not sure.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

texas star wrote: »
    Hi I've heard of an old women who looks after old dogs that no one wants in this area.She relies on donation from the public and was wondering if anybody knows where she is based all I know is its near theses old cottages in Finglas.Maybe suited to animal forum but not sure.Thanks

If anyone knows the answer and the Mods don't mind I'd like some information on how to donate too, sounds worthwhile (but I'm not going to throw water on meself first :) )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Her name is Margaret. She started off with a flat in ballymun many many years ago and now thanks to her there is an animal shelter at Coldwinters. Go north through Finglas, and when you pass under the M50 take the next exit marked Coldwinters, it's down there.

Sorry, here's the link, you can donate online;

http://dogsaid.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Pretty sure that's Dogs Trust at Coldwinters, Maggie and Dogs Aid is down past Meakstown Cottages unless they've moved since I was last there?

OP, if you want to visit then give them a ring and they'll give you directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks for the replys yeah it might be dogs aid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Toulouse wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's Dogs Trust at Coldwinters, Maggie and Dogs Aid is down past Meakstown Cottages unless they've moved since I was last there?

OP, if you want to visit then give them a ring and they'll give you directions.

Thanks for that, I'm mixing the two up. The link is for Maggie's crowd, and they're still at Meakstown alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's Dogs Aid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Yep just back from my donation of 3kg bags of pedigree chum chicken with rice.Nice lady loads of dogs.Hard not to walk out with a couple of them.

Advertisement