Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grant Vortex Condensing Boiler Service Question

• 31-08-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I had a Grant Vortex Condensing boiler installed last October - does anyone know what the recommended service intervals are for these boilers, please?
    Usage is approx. 5 hours/day, total running hours since installation approx 1300 hours.

Is it recommended to have an annual service or is it dependent on usage etc.?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It should be serviced annually by an oil heating technician who will also use a Flue Gas Analyser to ensure everything is in order when finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

K.Flyer wrote: »
    It should be serviced annually by an oil heating technician who will also use a Flue Gas Analyser to ensure everything is in order when finished.

and just to add to what k flyer has said above its also a condition of your boiler warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Many thanks for your responses K.Flyer and jimf - much appreciated. Will arrange a service mid-October or thereabouts. I wonder is the cost of servicing similar to a non-condensing boiler or is it more expensive? I had a Firebird boiler previously, I forget the brand of burner that was attached but I think it cost approx. €60 to service every two years or so.

you would be looking at 100 eu

may I suggest if you go to the stickies on this forum have a look at the thread started by billy bunting re oil boiler servicing
    have a look at post 3 by shane 0007 this is what should be done at a service and nothing less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Many thanks jimf. I underestimated the cost of servicing of the previous boiler - it was €75 for each of three neighbouring houses, which we considered was a good deal.

I will have a look at the stickies on this forum as you suggest. I will be getting the guy who installed the system, who is SEAI registered and a qualified plumber and electrician to do the service. I am sure he will be familiar with the recommended servicing detail but will double check to be sure. Again, many thanks.

• Advertisement

Maidhci wrote: »
    Many thanks jimf. I underestimated the cost of servicing of the previous boiler - it was €75 for each of three neighbouring houses, which we considered was a good deal.

I will have a look at the stickies on this forum as you suggest. I will be getting the guy who installed the system, who is SEAI registered and a qualified plumber and electrician to do the service. I am sure he will be familiar with the recommended servicing detail but will double check to be sure. Again, many thanks.

theres a simple question to ask and that is does he use a flugas analyser if he says no get somebody else as for the cost £ 80 would be about the average for a se boiler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

jimf wrote: »
    theres a simple question to ask and that is does he use a flugas analyser if he says no get somebody else as for the cost £ 80 would be about the average for a se boiler

€80 is CHEAP but reasonable if two other neighbours are also getting a service at the same time, less time & travel.
    I'd be more expensive, but I replace nozzle, FGA, guarentee, no call back charge and give a VAT receipt at 13.5%

Read the posts JIM highlighted.

Advertisement