Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Tab S & Pro

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Pulled the trigger on a Samsung Pro 10.1. They are hard to find but new ones are on eBay (yeah, I know... buyer beware). Got mine for €340 and claims to be new w/ warranty. Just seemed like an incredibly good spec tablet for the money (very light, expandable storage, retina display, and silly but I like the hardware buttons whereas the others lose precious screen space to display them).

Couldn't bear the price of a 32gb Nexus 9 (no sd slot so need the 32gb) and briefly flirted with the idea of a Nexus 10. Storage aside, the announcement that Android Lollipop would be rolled out to the Nexus 10 was a big plus. While the Nexus 10 is 2012 and the Samsung Pro is 2014 really there is only 15 months between them and their specs are similar. So the Bargain Alert here is that the Nexus 10 might still be a good option for some and can be picked up for €200 used. But the Pro is just a bit lighter and has the external storage option so hopefully is worth the stretch.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/171425362767?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Nexus-10,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Pro-10.1,Google-Nexus-9/phones/7551,8275,8926

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Pro-10.1,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-10.5/phones/8275,8662

Best of luck to all those still on the hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Pulled the trigger on a Samsung Pro 10.1. They are hard to find but new ones are on eBay (yeah, I know... buyer beware). Got mine for €340 and claims to be new w/ warranty. Just seemed like an incredibly good spec tablet for the money (very light, expandable storage, retina display, and silly but I like the hardware buttons whereas the others lose precious screen space to display them).

Couldn't bear the price of a 32gb Nexus 9 (no sd slot so need the 32gb) and briefly flirted with the idea of a Nexus 10. Storage aside, the announcement that Android Lollipop would be rolled out to the Nexus 10 was a big plus. While the Nexus 10 is 2012 and the Samsung Pro is 2014 really there is only 15 months between them and their specs are similar. So the Bargain Alert here is that the Nexus 10 might still be a good option for some and can be picked up for €200 used. But the Pro is just a bit lighter and has the external storage option so hopefully is worth the stretch.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/171425362767?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Google-Nexus-10,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Pro-10.1,Google-Nexus-9/phones/7551,8275,8926

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Pro-10.1,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-S-10.5/phones/8275,8662

Best of luck to all those still on the hunt.

was thinking of buying my Tab S 8.4 from these guys. Their ads are completely misleading however. There is no 'Original Samsung warranty' included. The warranty is 1year with the company themselves, which I would be very wary about. This is because all their stock is sourced internationally, most of it from Hong Kong.
    This was confirmed by the company via eBay messages.

You are getting the same item from them as you would from eGlobal or SimplyElectronics.

★TOP-RATED PREMIUM SELLER✓✓SAMSUNG ORIGINAL WARRANTY✓✓★
    They did say original Samsung warranty, but I'm sure you're probably right. Being I was looking at used tablets the fact this is new and comes in a box is still a treat for me. Great thing about solid state hardware is if it works fine the first week it will probably work the same the 52nd week.

Got my Tab S 8.4 for £270 from flubit, UK stock too! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

What are Flubit like on returns these days?

bidiots wrote: »
    What are Flubit like on returns these days?

FREEPOST address, or reimbursement of postage costs if you need to return anything sounds good to me. All UK stock too, none of that HongKong no-warranty ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Tab pro has a vastly superior screen, much much faster cpu and better cameras front and rear. It also weighs a LOT less and is significantly smaller despite having the same screen size.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys where is the cheapest place to buy a tab 4?

Tragedy wrote: »
    Tab pro has a vastly superior screen, much much faster cpu and better cameras front and rear. It also weighs a LOT less and is significantly smaller despite having the same screen size.

Well it had to be worth the extra punt now didn't it? It's actually really similar in size to my HP Touchpad which is a lovely size so well pleased. I didn't realize the Pro was a UK thing so no wonder I had a hard time sourcing one from the US (had a buddy coming over so was shopping there primarily).

My point was, for the money and with Android L rolling out to it well before the Pro, the Nexus 10 is still a very relevant machine.

• Advertisement

Well it had to be worth the extra punt now didn't it? It's actually really similar in size to my HP Touchpad which is a lovely size so well pleased. I didn't realize the Pro was a UK thing so no wonder I had a hard time sourcing one from the US (had a buddy coming over so was shopping there primarily).

My point was, for the money and with Android L rolling out to it well before the Pro, the Nexus 10 is still a very relevant machine.

It isn't in any way relevant.

Screen quality is very poor, it takes forever to charge, noticeably slow and very bulky/unwieldy.

Considering the price up until recently (Google have withdrawn it from sale, so it must be relevant!) it did not in any way offer any competition to any tablet released in the last 9 months.

(I should note, my brother has a Nexus 10 and I used it for two weeks in July right before I purchased a Galaxy Tabpro)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

I have a tab S 8.4 and it's really good! So happy with my purchase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

eoin1539 wrote: »
    I have a tab S 8.4 and it's really good! So happy with my purchase.

What's it like in terms of multitasking?

Would it be laggy because of TouchWiz?

Definitely a great tablet!

What's it like in terms of multitasking?

Would it be laggy because of TouchWiz?

Definitely a great tablet!

It's a great tablet in terms of multi tasking, it has 3gb of ram, TouchWiz takes up about 1gb usually so you've 2gb left which is good for multitasking.

It's a great tablet in terms of multi tasking, it has 3gb of ram, TouchWiz takes up about 1gb usually so you've 2gb left which is good for multitasking.

Good to hear, how much did you pay for it? Ordered mine on Friday, will be receiving it this coming week. Set me back €340 odd.

Is there really any use for that much though?

TouchWiz takes up way too much.

If there was a Tab S with stock Android Lollipop then that'd be perfect for me!

• Advertisement

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Good to hear, how much did you pay for it? Ordered mine on Friday, will be receiving it this coming week. Set me back €340 odd.

I got mine for 300 on pixmania, they had an offer on but sadly it's gone now :( I love this tablet though it was so worth the money.

I got mine for 300 on pixmania, they had an offer on but sadly it's gone now :( I love this tablet though it was so worth the money.

Since it was PixMania I'm guessing it was an imported version?

Since it was PixMania I'm guessing it was an imported version?

Ye I think it was a French version but they're the same I think. Only downside is that I got the French plug which is different from ours but it came with an adapter.

Ye I think it was a French version but they're the same I think. Only downside is that I got the French plug which is different from ours but it came with an adapter.

Is your Samsung warranty valid here then or whats the story? I wonder if it is since its within Europe, but I am not 100% certain how Samsung operates their warranty service. I know that a lot of the tablets you see on eBay for around the €300 mark are all Asian/Hong Kong imports, and the warranty wouldn't be valid over here.

Is your Samsung warranty valid here then or whats the story? I wonder if it is since its within Europe, but I am not 100% certain how Samsung operates their warranty service. I know that a lot of the tablets you see on eBay for around the €300 mark are all Asian/Hong Kong imports, and the warranty wouldn't be valid over here.

I'm not too sure how that would work. I guess you just contact pixmania if anything goes wrong but I doubt anything will happen anyway because it's a great tablet :)

• Advertisement

I'm not too sure how that would work. I guess you just contact pixmania if anything goes wrong but I doubt anything will happen anyway because it's a great tablet :)

+1,

PixMania are great to deal with!

+1,

PixMania are great to deal with!

Ye they're great, I've bought my tablet and a Samsung SSD so far from them and they're great.

RAM >2gb will only become relevant when 64bit Android is a thing. Obviously none of our tablets have 64bit processors so that doesn't matter to us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

urgently looking for a case for this before or on wednesday before flying off. any ideas where i could get one?dont want an expensive one to be honest as i dont travel with it usually.

Spipov wrote: »
    urgently looking for a case for this before or on wednesday before flying off. any ideas where i could get one?dont want an expensive one to be honest as i dont travel with it usually.

Try and find an Irish seller on eBay. Usually when ye buy from Irish sellers you get it in about 2 days, that would be your best bet. :pac:

Spipov wrote: »

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_tab+s+case/

adverts maybe? order it tonight and get it in the post tues or wed?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

ordered a belkin Bluetooth keyboard for the tab s today.
    i found there are hundreds of good bluetooth keyboard cases for ipads but very few for android and especially for the tab s 8.4. And if there are any decent ones, they are really expensive.

Advertisement