Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab S & Pro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

ripcord wrote: »
    Hi - what was the number you called? I'm waiting to hear back from them but if I don't hear anything I might call them and ask to speak to this Dianne. Thanks!

would like to know this too please! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I hope this number is allowed as it's a public number: +44 330 7267467.

The number is on their eStore website, near the bottom left:
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/estore/

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

I hope this number is allowed as it's a public number: +44 330 7267467.

The number is on their eStore website, near the bottom left:
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/estore/

Yep that's the one I called before. Guy wasn't much help. If I don't hear from then soon I'll call and ask for Dianne. She'll be sick of us! I wonder is she aware of all the people who were affected..

I wonder is she aware of all the people who were affected..

She was.

Ok so Dianne just rang to tell me some bad news. Contrary to last night's news that the Parcel Motel address would be approved and my order would be processed I'm now being told it will be cancelled after all. She was reading a legal sounding email which came from the head of the store which mentioned T&Cs including issues with the signature for the parcel and it not being in the UK. I started to argue but it was clear it was beyond her control and my current discounted order would be cancelled no matter what.

So the talk came around again to getting another voucher code for the 20% off and posting to an alternate address. To whoever asked, I don't know of another Parcel Motel service but hopefully you know someone in the UK and can paypal them the shipping cost to post it on to yourself.

She said she had hoped to have a code to give me tonight but all the codes in her book were expired. The person who should have plenty of new codes is back on Monday and she didn't foresee a problem getting a new code. We left it that she would call me by Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

just to let anyone know that was unlucky not get via Samsung uk .. I ordered my tab s 8.4 via expeditelectronics.com. having read a few reviews about website they seem to be ok also comes in cheaper than Samsung were offering.. my order has been shipped so hopefully will have this week I will update when received. if you do order sign up to newsletter and they will give you £5 coupon jic anyone is still looking for one

just to let anyone know that was unlucky not get via Samsung uk .. I ordered my tab s 8.4 via expeditelectronics.com. having read a few reviews about website they seem to be ok also comes in cheaper than Samsung were offering.. my order has been shipped so hopefully will have this week I will update when received. if you do order sign up to newsletter and they will give you £5 coupon jic anyone is still looking for one

I would be wary of shopping there. Great prices but the Samsung warranty is not valid here as their products are sourced from Hong Kong stock. Hence their cheap prices. They only offer a 1 year warranty with themselves which I would not be comfortable with relying on, should anything go wrong with the tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

There will be a risk of customs duty and VAT on top of your purchase

zarquon wrote: »
    There will be a risk of customs duty and VAT on top of your purchase

I think they guarantee no customs or they will pay it back to you, or else they may ship from within UK.

who got their discount code?

• Advertisement

Sam Mac wrote: »
    who got their discount code?

I haven't heard anything back from them yet. I'll be calling Dianne later if I haven't heard anything by 5.

I haven't heard anything back from them yet. I'll be calling Dianne later if I haven't heard anything by 5.

They just told me on FB that no discounts will be offered as T's and C's have been broken.

This is after being promised by two agents last week that I would get the discount no matter what.

''Hi Sam, I'm sorry for the miscommunication. As previously stated, we have completed a full investigation and I'm afraid this is the final decision given by the e-commerce manager. Thank you.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I think they guarantee no customs or they will pay it back to you, or else they may ship from within UK.

They can't make that guarantee unless they ship it to you from within the EU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

They just told me on FB that no discounts will be offered as T's and C's have been broken.

This is after being promised by two agents last week that I would get the discount no matter what.

''Hi Sam, I'm sorry for the miscommunication. As previously stated, we have completed a full investigation and I'm afraid this is the final decision given by the e-commerce manager. Thank you.''

Are we not yet at the conclusion that they really have poor regards for customers? what kind of repeat customers will they attract with these kinds of attitudes.

i am so glad i didnt buy from them.

so glad.

I just got a call from Dianne about a new voucher code. Bad news, I'm afraid.

She said she put in a request and it went as high as the store manager. They're saying we broke the T&Cs, specifically that we're not available to sign for it where it is being sent. She said she was surprised by the decision but she has taken this matter as far as she could. The only recourse is to submit a complaint, which she recommend I do. I don't see what this could hope to accomplish but I might fire off an email. Funny thing is my order still hasn't been cancelled. I might wait it out in case it somehow it still goes through.

In the meantime, I'm looking at the LG G Pad 8.3 (£169). Not the same spec but near enough and for the money saved it's tempting. Does anyone have a better Plan B?

I just got a call from Dianne. Bad news, I'm afraid.

She said she put in a request and it went as high as the store manager. They're saying we broke the T&Cs, specifically that we're not available to sign for it where it is being sent. She said she was surprised by the decision but she has taken this matter as far as she could. The only recourse is to submit a complaint, which she recommend I do. I don't see what this could hope to accomplish but I might fire off an email. My order still hasn't been cancelled.

In the meantime, I'm looking at the LG G Pad 8.3 (£169). Not the same spec but near enough and for the money saved it's tempting. Does anyone have a better Plan B?

I had an LG GPAD 8.3 for a few days and had to send it back. If you plan to use it outdoors or watch movies while travelling the screen is too dark. I tried to watch a movie on plane (high-res and good quality) and it was pretty hard to make out darker scenes (with the brightness up full).

It you generally only use it indoors then it's great and to be honest I would have preferred it over the tab S. Less android customization.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I just got a call from Dianne about a new voucher code. Bad news, I'm afraid.

She said she put in a request and it went as high as the store manager. They're saying we broke the T&Cs, specifically that we're not available to sign for it where it is being sent. She said she was surprised by the decision but she has taken this matter as far as she could. The only recourse is to submit a complaint, which she recommend I do. I don't see what this could hope to accomplish but I might fire off an email. Funny thing is my order still hasn't been cancelled. I might wait it out in case it somehow it still goes through.

How much do you want to spend?
    If you want speed the Nvidia Shield tablet will p#ss on everything out there at the moment.
    The new Nexus is on the way and should be cheaper and faster than the competition.
    The Z3 Tablet Compact should be on sale soon as well and looks like a nice little package.

54kroc wrote: »
    How much do you want to spend?
    If you want speed the Nvidia Shield tablet will p#ss on everything out there at the moment.
    The new Nexus is on the way and should be cheaper and faster than the competition.
    The Z3 Tablet Compact should be on sale soon as well and looks like a nice little package.

Personally my main requirements were light weight, external storage and 8.3/8.4 screen. For some reason, that extra half inch makes a big difference. The Z3 is only 8' and I find that a little small.

The new nexus might be between 8 and 9 inches, but it won't have an expandable SD card slot.

The GPad and Tab S were my best options. I might try the Tab Pro 8.4 - but after the hassle here, I'd rather not go with Samsung.

Personally my main requirements were light weight, external storage and 8.3/8.4 screen. For some reason, that extra half inch makes a big difference. The Z3 is only 8' and I find that a little small.

The new nexus might be between 8 and 9 inches, but it won't have an expandable SD card slot.

The GPad and Tab S were my best options. I might try the Tab Pro 8.4 - but after the hassle here, I'd rather not go with Samsung.

What 8" tablet were you using to find the 0. 3" made such a big difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

I also had a nightmare experience. Will never again buy from their e-store.

Borderline has put me off samsung products full stop.

• Advertisement

54kroc wrote: »
    What 8" tablet were you using to find the 0. 3" made such a big difference?

All of them! :) Every 8-inch I got my hands on just seemed a bit too small for watching movies. Maybe because I was used to using a 10 inch one before. For some reason the G Pad was just right. And really fast. Pity about the dark screen. :(

I was willing to spend around €300 and have similar requirements to ripcord. I'm coming from a 9" HP Touchpad. The SD slot is a big plus. The Sony may be too expensive for me. The Nvidia doesn't seem to be available yet. However the new Nexus 8 looks tempting and is being released this month.

If you find a good price on the Tab Pro 8.4 let me know. I find it very annoying that the default sellers on Amazon ship from HK. In my mind that shouldn't be allowed as who wants to deal with customs when buying from the UK? The best price for a UK seller on Amazon in £212 for the white version. To get a black version you have to buy from a dodgy company in greece (bad ratings) or pay £270!

I was willing to spend around €300 and have similar requirements to ripcord. I'm coming from a 9" HP Touchpad. The SD slot is a big plus. The Sony may be too expensive for me. The Nvidia doesn't seem to be available yet. However the new Nexus 8 looks tempting and is being released this month.

If you find a good price on the Tab Pro 8.4 let me know. I find it very annoying that the default sellers on Amazon ship from HK. In my mind that shouldn't be allowed as who wants to deal with customs when buying from the UK? The best price for a UK seller on Amazon in £212 for the white version. To get a black version you have to buy from a dodgy company in greece (bad ratings) or pay £270!

The Shield is available, dabs.ie, ocuk and scan.co.uk have it.

I stand corrected, but really not sure if I want a gaming tablet. I have no interest in that sort of thing at all. It also sounds a bit heavy. Similar price to the discounted Tab S 8.4 though and sounds really fast.

Thanks for the recommendations but I think the G Pad or possibly the new Nexus 8 might suit me better.

I'm also working the US angle to see if someone would bring a Tab S over. The everyday price on Amazon.com is still less than the 20% discounted UK price.

The HUDL 2 is being released in a few days. Obviously not as good as the others, but not bad for £129!!

• 8.3 inch 1920 x 1200 (Full HD) screen
    • Intel Atom quad-core processor up to 1.83 GHz, 2 GB of RAM
    • Android Kitkat 4.4.2 operating system
    • Stereo speakers with Dolby optimised audio
    • 5 Mp rear facing camera and 1.2 Mp front facing camera
    • 16 GB storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
    • 8 hour battery life
    • Dual band Wi-Fi, micro-HDMI
    • 8 colours: Jazzy Blue, Zesty Orange, Slate Black, Rocket Red, Tropical Turquoise, Dreamy White, Perky Purple and Bubblegum Pink.
    • Pre-loaded with Parental filter and controls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭droidman123

I stand corrected, but really not sure if I want a gaming tablet. I have no interest in that sort of thing at all. It also sounds a bit heavy. Similar price to the discounted Tab S 8.4 though and sounds really fast.

Thanks for the recommendations but I think the G Pad or possibly the new Nexus 8 might suit me better.

I'm also working the US angle to see if someone would bring a Tab S over. The everyday price on Amazon.com is still less than the 20% discounted UK price.

the new nexus 8 or 9, is strongly rumoured to be 8.9 inches and is apparently going to be a premium priced tab, 400-500 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

For those interested in a high-res 10" tablet, the Gigaset QV1030 is 200 euro at Amazon DE. Delivery cost is about a tenner to Ireland. Processor is a Tegra 4 which is not bad. It's 2560x1600 like the Samsung though it's(IPS) LCD, not AMOLED. And only Android 4.2, not 4.4, it was meant to get an update in April but apparently this has never happened.

I was thinking of buying this myself as it's half the price of the Samsung 10.5 even when this deal was on. Obviously the screen is not as nice (the Samsung's is the best on the market today) even though the resolution is the same. It's also said to be more reflective and prone to fingerprints. And heavier. But for the price it's not bad.. Still on the fence whether to buy it.

Also, there are rumours of an update to the Samsung Tab S series with a faster Exynos to alleviate some of the UI lag criticism it has received.

I'd have that Gigaset tab over a Samsung tab, great value.
    At that price it's worth getting just to mess around with, must try to resist this, have a Z2 tab already.

Samsung finally cancelled my order. And the feckin case I ordered arrived today to rub it in.

• Advertisement

Samsung finally cancelled my order. And the feckin case I ordered arrived today to rub it in.

I've ordered on Amazon anyway. I was going to buy the tablet anyway, just a pity I couldn't avail of the discount. Shameful customer service from Samsung too.

Advertisement