Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse/Mice in Attic

• 01-09-2014 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this is the right forum for this topic.

I've just discovered that I have an invader in my attic.

Just as I was dozing off to sleep (my attic is a converted into a bedroom) I heard the crinkle of plastic coming from the storage area of the attic. I turned on the lights and opened the storage doors to see a grey coloured mouse staring back at me.

He was munching on a bag of dried malt extract that I use for brewing - which I forgot I had in there.

I tried to remove the food, but it was stuck to the top of a very large container which isn't easily moved. Presumably the mouse has soiled it and as a result it's now clued to the container (it's very sticky when wet).

My question is should I leave the food in there for the night, just to keep him in one spot until I can buy and set up traps tomorrow to catch the rogue? Or should I dump the food right now?

[Edit: The reason I'm asking this question at this hour is because my brother is not too happy about a critter wandering about the bedroom at night.. he's insisting to leave him with food.]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Put a pot of water with string and food above if still hungry one way to catch.

Make loads noise they will leave but if food present will keep coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

He is dead, got him with a mouse trap :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement