Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving home

Options
  • 01-09-2014 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I have been living in Australia for 8 years and I am looking to move home with my two kids and partner. We will most likely looking to get a defacto visa. Does anyone know the cost? I gained my permanent residency through an australian defacto visa with said partner, will that make it easier to apply or will we need to provide all the letters, photos etc again. Also our children are Australian but are only 6months and three, do they need any type of visa?Any info would be fantastic. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

gill.con wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have been living in Australia for 8 years and I am looking to move home with my two kids and partner. We will most likely looking to get a defacto visa. Does anyone know the cost? I gained my permanent residency through an australian defacto visa with said partner, will that make it easier to apply or will we need to provide all the letters, photos etc again. Also our children are Australian but are only 6months and three, do they need any type of visa?Any info would be fantastic. Thanks in advance
    Assuming that you are an Irish citizen, your kids are too, so no problem there. Your partner, assuming she is not an EEA national, will need a visa. I am not up to date on what's involved - it's twenty years since I brought my Australian partner to Ireland. It will be a niusance, and bureaucratic, and it will take much longer than you expect it to take (so start now!) but it can be done. Head over to www.inis.gov.ie and start browsing.

The fact that you yourself have already obtained an Australia visa on the strength of your relationship with your partner is irrelevant; the Irish authorities will look at the whole thing afresh. And the information that was provided to the Australian authorites cannot now be provided to the Irish authorities, since it is out of date. The Irish authorities will want information proving your relationship during the two years prior to your application.

Advertisement