Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Nib wrote: »
    "fuck her right in the pussy"

:D

Yeah, hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is it my imagination or are there a lot more tossers hanging around outside the grounds this year?

Why broadcast in front of them though. What do they expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

dobsdave wrote: »
    Yeah, hilarious
    Had the 12 year olds in stitches behind him.

I'd have found it hilarious too, when I was 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

niallo27 wrote: »

The sad thing is most of them aren't even fans just some fools trying to get a little attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Idiots.
    Yeah, hilarious
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Had the 12 year olds in stitches behind him.

I'd have found it hilarious too, when I was 12.
    Cheer up lads.

Arsenal fans by any chance?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Looper007 wrote: »
    The sad thing is most of them aren't even fans just some fools trying to get a little attention.

A fella standing behind you in black sunglasses at night time is always a bit dodgy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Cheer up lads.

Yep, but if I was a Chelsea fan I'd still think they're idiots tbh.

niallo27 wrote: »

Think the idea is mainly to have kids there for the "look" they are going for (odd that all the kids have their hair done perfect, faces for TV, etc by the way...), and it would be a pretty cool way to spend the night at that age. But a bunch of older kids, even some around 18-24 or so seem to have nothing better to do all night. That's when it goes from "cute" to kind of weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

3 things that are certain in life:
    - Death
    - Taxes
    - Harry Redknapp signing Niko Kranjčar

Cheer up lads.

I'll give you a hint, it's not been a good day.

Tom Cleverley is still at my club. Even Falcao won't help me feel better after that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

hughes doing a redknapp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

syngindub wrote: »
    hughes doing a redknapp

320670.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Cheer up lads.

No, did you find that funny? really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Lol...they really need to rethink reporters outside the grounds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Idiots, they are just ruining reports now, its not funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ha ha 'fcuk her right in the pu**y'

Nobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Surely this is the end of it now!
    Dildos
    "Fúck her in the pussy"
    Blow up dolls

They can't do it anymore but tbh they have been asking for it :rolleyes:

NUTZZ wrote: »

Yep, that's the end of SSNs current format, which is a shame because I felt the younger fans they had a few years ago was a nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

yeah, they will put an end to reporters outside the ground. shame, few memorable moments in the past year but it's fine to put an end to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Transfer Deadline Day Summary:
    - F*** Her Right in the P****
    - Transfer Dildo
    - Just Banter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Jim White is a horrible horrible media creation. Just utterly fake, totally narcisstic, resoundingly humourless and a bewilderingly over inflated sense of self worth.

If he was on fire I wouldnt p1ss on him, instead I'd punch him in the face repeatedly, to such an extent that I get 3rd degree burns.

I am not a fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Jim White is a horrible horrible media creation. Just utterly fake, totally narcisstic, resoundingly humourless and a bewilderingly over inflated sense of self worth.

If he was on fire I wouldnt p1ss on him, instead I'd punch him in the face repeatedly, to such an extent that I get 3rd degree burns.

I am not a fan

2866113-leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-face.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Ah it is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The Mig wrote: »

What an absolute ****ing moron.

No "internet" things have bothered me as much as that one...there's no fun or mirth to it, it's just this nasty, horrible, misogynistic thing that has somehow gained a following.

Sometimes I just really hate people.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

No, did you find that funny? really?

I did . Each and every time .In fact I replayed it for the missus too.
    The dildo was better though.

If you don't find that shenanigans and the pot faced "if you are offended" apology from the presenter funny then you should lighten up

I am not a fan

Good point , natelie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I did . Each and every time .In fact I replayed it for the missus too.
    The dildo was better though.

If you don't find that shenanigans and the pot faced "if you are offended" apology from the presenter funny then you should lighten up

I would say you should grow up if you find this moronic pathetic display amusing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Yeah, because they were mostly great reports.

About nothing.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit allergic to some of the Sky Sports stuff, like Soccer AM. Women walking around in skimpy jerseys while fellows shout "Tekkers" and laugh, as if it's remotely funny. Depressingly lowbrow.

Can they be that surprised when they send reporters to grounds and morons turn up?

The whole day is one big farce.

Manufactured excitement, reporters stationed nowehere near anything of any consequence and maybe...just maybe the odd shot of a car with tinted windows driving by with the possibility that a player that the reporter knows is inside.

I would say you should grow up if you find this moronic pathetic display amusing

too old to grow up and no real desire to either.
    sorry.

now don't get me wrong it's infantile but the repeated disrupting live tv is quite funny.

The dildo was priceless.

Hope whoever was responsible for the shambles of a day was seething

You must be great craic.

bq6u9_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Not sure if posted here. Palace lads had a protest outside the ground. The Sky Sports reporters legged it when they saw them coming leaving behind all their equipment
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azdycWHhvsQ&feature=youtube_gdata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

6781 wrote: »
    Not sure if posted here. Palace lads had a protest outside the ground. The Sky Sports reporters legged it when they saw them coming leaving behind all their equipment

It would have been pretty terrifying to see that coming towards you. That's only a 5 minute walk from my house too, glad I didn't come across them. No need for it though. The sign would have been enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Bunch of morons. Worse than the people that think they are funny although those Palace fans are a bit more sinister. You do see that group in the bottom corner of one of the stands at Selhurst Park. The abuse that corner takers get is unreal. Not funny stuff either, just nasty for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Whats up with the Palace Ultras ?

Lapin wrote: »
    What do you mean? Is it why did they protest against Sky or something else?

I think they want a return to the halcyon glory days of late 80s/early 90s football in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They want to go back to the late 80s/early 90s before Sky. The glory days. Banned from Europe, empty and dilapidated grounds, mediocre players, hooligans still running amok and one live game a week. What Serie A has pretty much become.

If you ever hear somebody say "football grounds have become sterilized" you know what type you are dealing with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

They want to go back to the late 80s/early 90s before Sky. The glory days. Banned from Europe, empty and dilapidated grounds, mediocre players, hooligans still running amok and one live game a week. What Serie A has pretty much become.

If you ever hear somebody say "football grounds have become sterilized" you know what type you are dealing with.

Why?? :confused:

Just heard of them now.

Such cringe:

18014.jpg

• Advertisement

Just heard of them now.

Such cringe:

18014.jpg

Personally I find them a breath of fresh air to the sterile stadiums and passionless fans that are in the majority in England. I cringe at armchair fans who think supporting their club is subscribing to Sky Sports or people who go to games stuffing their gob on over priced crap food, sit in silence and get their iPads out when their team score. But each to their own :)

Personally I find them a breath of fresh air to the sterile stadiums and passionless fans that are in the majority in England. I cringe at armchair fans who think supporting their club is subscribing to Sky Sports or people who go to games stuffing their gob on over priced crap food, sit in silence and get their iPads out when their team score. But each to their own :)

Meh, I find following foreign teams quite cringeworthy in general, don't ask me why I still do it. If only we could be as passionate about stuff that actually matters :rolleyes:

*signs off with token YNWA/GGMU/CTID*

:)

Danger781 wrote: »
    Why?? :confused:
    Less foreigners.

While I am saying that taking the piss out of them, it is also in large part the truth.

I would imagine a large portion of them are the type that think the UK should withdraw from the EU but at the same time complain about Scotland possibly wanting independence. Basically, because they are idiots pure and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Pre-Sky era football? Have to say that I kind of agree with them.

The first thing to go should be that "ultra" fuckwittery. Piss off with your flags and drums and crap.

Bellends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Yeah flags and drums and singing and chanting have no place in football.

• Advertisement
Advertisement