Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poisoning?

• 01-09-2014 8:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

My dog was really sick a few weeks ago. The vet never found a definite cause and said it may have been something he ate.

Yesterday, my husband came back from their walk. They usually do a walk through the town then get some offlead time in an open green adjacent to a factory. It is a very common dog walking area.

When he came back he said that there are fresh meaty bones scattered around the green. He found two of them and disposed of them but as the area is huge he assumes there are more there he didn't see.

Considering how out of place they are in the area (no livestock in the green ever, it's open) how fresh they were and the fact we had a very sick dog who regularly walks there I'm a bit suspicious. It may be nothing but it doesn't make sense!

Any opinions? Is there anybody I should contact. I don't want to do the whole "warning" thing in case it is nothing but at the same time, if it is something I would hate to think of another family nearly loosing their dog because they weren't aware.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I would contact department of environment as they are at least a health hazard, explain about sick dog and your worries if the person who answers seems friendly (local one here is very nice, but some aren't)
    Really hope it's just someone feeding a fox or something (happened where I work).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sammey1

We had an incident like that that near where I live lots of dogs vomiting after been walked in a certain area and unfortunately some died so people were asked not to walk their dogs in the area and notices were posted at the entrance.

Advertisement