Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xget's - Post your recent Xbox related GET's

Options
  • 01-09-2014 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

This is another type of thread that works well in other forums. Basically if you buy something Xbox related, games, hardware, accessories etc...post about it :)

I'll start it off, I picked up one of those knock down Kinect 2's from CEX on Friday. The price had gone up from €25 to €28, but still a bargain no matter what way you look at it. I don't have a One yet, but when I do...this'll go nicely with it :)

11szgv5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Nice!

Picked up Diablo 3, and have Rayman Legends on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

fifth wrote: »
    Picked up Diablo 3, and have Rayman Legends on the way.

Pics or it didn't happen :D

Myrddin wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen :D

It happened! :cool:
    S8Dd4OB.jpg

My Xbox One games so far: (dead rising too)
    JVh9N5K.jpg

Also picked up a turtle beach XO seven. And Rayman is on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Picked up a Kinect and a Controller from CEX online (store credit, so not much option on the controller!)

I did try swap the controller in Tallaght CEX for one that included the battery, but whoever took it in didn't actually check to see that the battery was there! :(

New.. Angry Birds and Rayman Legends, and Destiny.

Angry Birds = utter horsesh*t
    Rayman = Lovely artwork, music, great fun. Missing the touch controls..but I can live with that.
    Destiny = Not bad, certainly not amazing. Bit of a grind.

• Advertisement

Who truly knows their Xbox historia? Picked this monster up from another boardsie...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Who truly knows their Xbox historia? Picked this monster up from another boardsie...

Oh, steel battalion controller, from back before the "Great Party Chat Change" on Xbox Live.

Always wanted to try one out, but it was always too much.

Aye, Steel Battalion :) I got the two games with it as well, though one is now defunct as the servers have been closed permanently. Still, the campaign games still works so this will go nicely into the collection. It's feckin' huge though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Wow,

its a pity we'll probably never see the likes of this again. next gen graphics with that kind of a controller would be cool.

i do admit to a pang of jealousy when I see PC guys with flightsticks playing battlefield 4 and the like. Certainly immersing you more in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 samantha perry

I really agree with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Steel Battalion

I have 2 Steel Battalion sets up in the parents house and paid mega bucks for them when they were first released. Was always tempted to flog them but I'm a hoarder

I have 2 Steel Battalion sets up in the parents house and paid mega bucks for them when they were first released. Was always tempted to flog them but I'm a hoarder

Cool, what did they retail for roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Cool, what did they retail for roughly?

Can't remember exactly but with the first one being so limited they were going for 450+ on eBay. I'm pretty sure it was 200-250 max for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Along with a fair few others (I would imagine) I picked up Titanfall Digital deluxe for €12.50 last night (had €11.42 on my account) so only had to pay an additional €1.08 so between myself and the young lad will be giving this a fair aul whack over the weekend

Can't remember exactly but with the first one being so limited they were going for 450+ on eBay. I'm pretty sure it was 200-250 max for them

Yeah it seems the first run (the one with green switches/lights) holds a higher collector value today.

A bit late posting this

23vymxd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

A bit late posting this

23vymxd.jpg

welcome to the family :pac:

A few Xbox originals too cheap to pass up over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I got two new socks to go over the ear pieces of my headset cause the old ones were getting a bit smelly

By new, I mean just clean ones from the odd sock bag.

I find socks better than the original foam earmuff things that were on when i bought the headset, and I'm not just saying that because either a dog or a child has run off with them and I have no other choice anymore.

Akrasia wrote: »
    I got two new socks to go over the ear pieces of my headset cause the old ones were getting a bit smelly

By new, I mean just clean ones from the odd sock bag.

I find socks better than the original foam earmuff things that were on when i bought the headset, and I'm not just saying that because either a dog or a child has run off with them and I have no other choice anymore.

i think i speak for everyone when i say that we need to see pics of this. preferably a selfie. :p

earsock.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

i think i speak for everyone when i say that we need to see pics of this. preferably a selfie. :p

And yes, I fix everything else with cellotape

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Brilliant fair play for posting that :D

Lol, legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Sure, why not?!

Some more cheap Xbox originals

Some more cheap Xbox originals

wow, that splinter cell brings back memories. I remember being blown away by the lighting in the first level - fans rotating etc. etc.

wow, that splinter cell brings back memories. I remember being blown away by the lighting in the first level - fans rotating etc. etc.

For 50 cent, I couldn't pass it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

My latest Xbox...

Xbox crystal modded, hard drive upgraded to 160gb, comes with coinops 6 full, along with standalone emulators for Atari, Sega, Nintendo, commodore, Amstrad, Apple, NES TurboGrafx + CD and MSX.
    Has about 7000 games in all.Untitled_zps7rk14t57.jpg

My latest Xbox...

Xbox crystal modded, hard drive upgraded to 160gb, comes with coinops 6 full, along with standalone emulators for Atari, Sega, Nintendo, commodore, Amstrad, Apple, NES TurboGrafx + CD and MSX.
    Has about 7000 games in all.Untitled_zps7rk14t57.jpg

how difficult is it to do something like that? I have an old original that still works perfectly. I'd like to do something with it, but would need a step by step guide on exactly how to go about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

how difficult is it to do something like that? I have an old original that still works perfectly. I'd like to do something with it, but would need a step by step guide on exactly how to go about it.

There is a guide on how to Soft-mod your Xbox on boards....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256404

You will need an old pc with ide cables and floppy drive.

Advertisement