Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MB05 (L96) Upgrade Questions for noobie

Options
  • 01-09-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, I bought my Well MB05 a few moths ago and have upgraded it with:

Spartan doctrine 245mm lightweight silencer
    Madbull v2 aps 2 barrel 499mm
    Metal hop up arm with taped sides to reduce play
    Upgraded piston kit
    Metal trigger box

Now I have to say with endless amounts of time tweaking and doing little custom mods I'm very happy to where it's going accuracy wise.

But,my question are where from here to Improve accuracy at longer distances? I've read about Action Army hop up bucking for l96 are good and improve range, does anybody have experience with these and are they work it?

Will r hop mod work with stock hop up chamber and bucking? And if so any mods to do to make this happen?

I appreciate any answers as I'm no and want to spend some time and money to make this a beast if possible beyond 220 feet? Where do I go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Simple answer on rhop - yes.

Its a little bit more complicated than that though! :-)

The rhop works by having the bb in contact with the hopup rubber (the rhop patch) for longer, therefore applying better hopup and therefore giving better range and stability.

When you put in the patch, you need to remove the mound on the inside of your existing bucking as the rhop is now being used to make contact with the bb rather than the mound.

Now you have a choice to make. Either:

1) use your existing hopup nub and chamber as is. The downside of this is that having put in that rhop to gain contact time between hop and bb, you are not taking full advantage of it with your existing nub. The existing round nub is designed to make contact over a smaller area so does not push on the rhop patch for its full length. You will gain but not to teh maximum effect that you could. The upside is that once you have the rhop in place you are done.

or

2)Thats where the mnub from hunterseeker comes in. its a long rectangular nub that runs the length of the rob patch. This means your bb is making contact with the full length of the rhop and therefore you get maximum hop. Downside is you need to modify your hopup chamber for this.
    This will give you an idea of what is done to an m4 hop chamber lever:
    https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/miscellaneous/news/em-nubinstallationmanual
    You will need to work out what you need to do for the L96 chamber although if you go on to Airsoft Mechanics forum, there is a support section there for HSA and i'm sure someone has it done already. If not, you can ask in the support thread for the mnub itself and HS will answer you. Just be prepared for an answer you may not like! Can be abrupt at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RossB182

I thank for that very insightful. Is the mound cut out completely or sanding required ? the l96 bucking has like a circular piece inside that is sunk into rubber no pieces sticking out or anything on the inside.

I'll look on airsoft mechanics thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Just sanding to remove mound on the bucking.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

Tophatrunner on YouTube has a good video that shows you how to make it. Seems easy enough but a bit fiddly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Look into top dead centre (tdc) mod.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84350543
    Its good for hop adjustment in game without allen key and a more stable shot.I have spent ober a year doing everything possible to my l96 and with our fps range is limited.I have hit 60m approx and can go no further.For further distance u need a higher fps.Also check out kh mountain for an aluminium hop up arm from shs works a treat and won't break like all other l96 plastic arms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 RossB182

Im about to order Action army L96 bucking off Black scout. Anyone have any experience with it ?? Has to be better than stock one right?heard it gives great air seal.

My mission with this gun is to not go down the typical PDI hop up, AEG Barrel thing. I want to push this stock hop up to its limits as many diy mods as possible. Over the course of a year make it a beast.

Have ordered metal hop up arm from PPS. So my plan is Action Army bucking, metal hop up arm diy mod with tape to eliminate play and eventually r hop mod with M nub. Laylax Pistion and Cup, spring and spring guide. And not sure what Zero trigger to get yet? Laylax cylinder damper head. Does any airsoft shop sell zero trigger in Ireland, like AA, or What ever is available for MB05.

Im hoping if i can cut spring to get between 320 fps and 327 fps id be very happy. Anyone has any things I should add/ change about what im planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I'd reconsider the trying to get between 320 and 327 fps thing, fps is not everything and a reading of 325 fps at home might be "hot" on a site chrono (for loads of reasons) which would leave you unable to use your gun for the day.
    310-315 fps is a good bracket to be aiming for.

Advertisement