Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox One - Kinect seems to be broken

Options
  • 01-09-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

So I noticed a while back that the white logo light on the kinect sensor wasn't lit. Didn't pay much heed for a couple of weeks because I rarely use any Kinect features. Decided to take a look at it today and it appears to be dead. I followed the guide for resetting the connection on MS's support pages (unplug console power, unplug kinect cable, plug back in console power, turn on, then reconnect kinect) and it doesn't do anything. The light remains off and the Kinect section of the Settings menu just prompts me to plug in the Kinect.

Is it busted? Is there anything else I should do before going to the hassle of shipping it back to MS for repair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

Branoic wrote: »
    So I noticed a while back that the white logo light on the kinect sensor wasn't lit. Didn't pay much heed for a couple of weeks because I rarely use any Kinect features. Decided to take a look at it today and it appears to be dead. I followed the guide for resetting the connection on MS's support pages (unplug console power, unplug kinect cable, plug back in console power, turn on, then reconnect kinect) and it doesn't do anything. The light remains off and the Kinect section of the Settings menu just prompts me to plug in the Kinect.

Is it busted? Is there anything else I should do before going to the hassle of shipping it back to MS for repair?

There is nothing you can do I'm on my 4th kinect. It's annoying sending it back now that you can't get the replacement sent 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

Sounds like its goosed alright.

The advanced exchange for kinect were ms send you a kinect first is still an option so long as you can provide credit/debit card details for a hold on your card that gets removed once the broken kinect is returned.

You can only do it with phone support tho. Give them a ring tomorrow and ask about getting it exchanged that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Make sure you have pulled down the latest console update before you ring support as this can fix kinect issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

So I've been on to support and I've been sent the shipping label to pack up the Kinect and send it back to MS.

I thought it would be a simple case of dropping it off at my local post office, but that seems not to be the case? Its a UPS shipping label and the email I got says to arrange for UPS to pick it up and provides a site link to check their shipping & drop off locations. There's like 5 in Ireland, and none of them are near me. Really? Is this the only way to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

Branoic wrote: »
    So I've been on to support and I've been sent the shipping label to pack up the Kinect and send it back to MS.

I thought it would be a simple case of dropping it off at my local post office, but that seems not to be the case? Its a UPS shipping label and the email I got says to arrange for UPS to pick it up and provides a site link to check their shipping & drop off locations. There's like 5 in Ireland, and none of them are near me. Really? Is this the only way to do it?

I had to send mine back last week, I rang UPS to arrange pick up and they came and collected it from my work address. I picked the express exchange so they shipped the new kinect out to me first then I just used the same box to send the old one back, it was very quick too, had the new one a few days after calling to arrange it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

Yes just ring ups and ask them to arrange a pick up for a package that you have s shipping label for and they will arrange a time for collection
    1 890 99 55 00 That's the ups number

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

You can also arrange a collection on there site. I've had to do this a few times with both my 360 and my kinect for xbone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

great, thanks all

Advertisement