Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering Outlook Contacts to XPress Music 5800

• 01-09-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible? Have to get my Lumia either repaired, or buy a new one if not cost effective, and want to use my old Xpress Music in the meantime. Any straight forward ways of transferring contacts or am I going to have to enter the contacts one by one. Turns out have no contacts saved on the sim.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

If you're already using a Lumia with an Outlook.com account, all your contacts should be in the cloud.

Next, turn on the older Nokia phone and see if that will sync contacts with Outlook or Hotmail ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

theothernt wrote: »
    If you're already using a Lumia with an Outlook.com account, all your contacts should be in the cloud.

Next, turn on the older Nokia phone and see if that will sync contacts with Outlook or Hotmail ?

How would I do that? Wouldn't imagine there is an Outlook/Hotmail app for a phone that old. Think it ran the Symbian Operating System, its defiantly a pre Windows Phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

The old Nokia phones (ie. the Symbian based ones) do have apps, and the later devices came pre-loaded with MS apps, probably for corporate usage. Worth a try.

Other options would be to go to Outlook.com and get a CSV export of your contacts and try and import them that way. I haven't used the Nokia PC Suite (for PC) in a long time, but it should have some sort of import/export feature for contacts, calendar, etc when the phone is connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    How would I do that? Wouldn't imagine there is an Outlook/Hotmail app for a phone that old. Think it ran the Symbian Operating System, its defiantly a pre Windows Phone.

Try www.nuevasync.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

If the Outlook method doesn't work, couldn't you just send the contacts via Bluetooth, provided you still have the Lumia.

• Advertisement
Advertisement