Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Blood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

It's crazy what a few months can do for a band. When I seen them in The Workmans in March there was only about 150 people there and you could buy tickets at the door. The hype train was only getting going then though, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Hippo wrote: »
    Their FB page is in meltdown with people across these islands querying how all the gigs were sold out within 2 minutes and that tout sites are now flooded with tickets.

Doubt there is any collusion between the band and the tout sites just bedroom entrepreneurs snapping them up to make a profit. Don't support them otherwise it will keep happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Got one ticket as an impulse. Happy enough, their album is a belter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Toast wrote: »
    Doubt there is any collusion between the band and the tout sites just bedroom entrepreneurs snapping them up to make a profit. Don't support them otherwise it will keep happening.

Absolutely, I didn't mean to suggest any collusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I feel very lucky this morning was online since before nine but sat like a spud and kept trying and managed to get 1 ticket at 9.25! They sold out in record time haven't seen them before so looking forward to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Duff wrote: »
    It's crazy what a few months can do for a band. When I seen them in The Workmans in March there was only about 150 people there and you could buy tickets at the door. The hype train was only getting going then though, I suppose.

Cant believe how empty that gig was. I only went because i heard their song on Soccer AM goals highlight thing and thought it was a reyt tune.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Tickets on viagogo for the Dublin gig for €75-100, scumbags :mad:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Bollox to that anyway! Hopefully they change to a bigger venue!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Well that was disastrous. Any spares send them my way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

managed to get them with no problems. Delighted! That never happens to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Devastated! Going to spend the weekend crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Can definitely see an upgrade in venue or extra night added. They have outgrown the Academy without even playing there, number 1 album in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Can definitely see an upgrade in venue or extra night added. They have outgrown the Academy without even playing there, number 1 album in the UK.

Theyve no room.on the tour for an extra night in Dublin.. Only option is move to the olympia(havent a hope of selling the o2),which would have been announced by now you'd imagine..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Theyve no room.on the tour for an extra night in Dublin.

Could do the 26th, cause we're the first night of the tour

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

But they'd have to do it to every gig on the tour. Woudl be very surprised if it happened.
    The UK gigs sold out in the same way and theyre all Academy size venues.
    If one upgraded the others would campaign for the same, logistical nightmare for a tour 7 weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

I reckon they will upgrade the venue. It always happens when i buy tickets to an intimate-ish gig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I reckon they will upgrade the venue. It always happens when i buy tickets to an intimate-ish gig

Usually what happens is a second date, I haven't seen many cases where a concert was upgraded to a larger venue.
    Not to rule it out completely, but I would be very surprised if they moved it to Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Usually what happens is a second date, I haven't seen many cases where a concert was upgraded to a larger venue.
    Not to rule it out completely, but I would be very surprised if they moved it to Olympia.

Its happened to a number of gigs I had tickets for. Whelans to Olympia, Academy to Olympia, Academy to Vicar!

All depends if there are bookings for Vicar or Olympia on that date..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It wont get upgraded to the Olympia . They will prob do another tour either mid next year before the festival run which will include an Olympia gig for sure.

Either way i got me a ticket even though i had to use my mams donkey of a laptop :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

How many does the academy hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'd say around 800 (including the balcony).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

It wont get upgraded to the Olympia . They will prob do another tour either mid next year before the festival run which will include an Olympia gig for sure.

Either way i got me a ticket even though i had to use my mams donkey of a laptop :)

That's exactly what's gonna happen, they are gonna announce a mid-size venue tour probably Feb-March or so. They wont upgrade any of the venues here to make demand for the bigger tour even higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

The Academy holds 833 including the balcony.

http://www.theacademydublin.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=386&Itemid=60

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ACLFC7

I got my ticket in the presale. 😀 if it's moved to the Olympia will my ticket be a standing ticket? I heard the standing capacity is 900.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I saw them in the Workmans Club a few months ago and at a festival a couple weeks back, they're really quite good and proper f#ckin' loud also. The drummer beats the absolute bejayus out of his kit for the entire show.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Was looking to get tickets for the workmanship but the gig was 18+ And didn't hear about this gig until today reading Hot Press. Fairly p***ed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Support comes from Turbowolf who sound like this

http://youtu.be/mPn8yb0l5sg

Really like them aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Just got a ticket for this gig from a friend! Frickin ecstatic!!!!! Will be a sober one though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Bought tickets in presale, only got a mail today saying they had been dispatched. It'll be interesting to see if they arrive on time, with the bank holiday on Monday and all...

Advertisement